in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2009 4:58 AM by tournedos. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2009 5:45 AM

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

Lee does it again a newsletter

Just reseived Beoworld new newsletter . nice layout and again a step forward.

This site gets better and better.

nice job Lee

greetings eric

• 08-10-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Re: Lee does it again a newsletter

Yes congratulations Big SmileBEOworld

• 08-10-2009 10:01 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Am I missing something??Unsure

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-10-2009 10:25 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Puncher:

Am I missing something??Unsure

It must be the newsletter ... like me :-)

• 08-10-2009 10:58 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

They are being sent out in blocks i think..  however, i had 250+ bounce back due to old/incorrect email addresses.  It happens, we all forget to update them!

Thanks go to Van at Firebrand and to Keith Saunders for the Technical Work - i had little to do with it apart from some garbled waffle which flowed from the old fingertips. 

Glad to be taking things forward again - that's the idea Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-10-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

I have not received it either... My address is correct as I receive the other alerts... I would quite like to see it!

• 08-10-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

Out of the more than 11,000 members 4446 have received the e-mail so far

Regards Keith....

• 08-10-2009 1:28 PM In reply to

Having not seen the newsletter yet, my first question is though that is there a way to opt out? I basically hate every single extra email I get, and if I'm in the position to read my emails, I'd visit the site daily anyway...

-mika

• 08-10-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Newsletters are not mandatory.  If you chose to receive them, you will get them - if you didn't, you wont.

BeoWorld isn't about spam, and never will your details be divulged to third parties either.  We take your privacy very seriously.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-10-2009 3:39 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

Newsletters are not mandatory.  If you chose to receive them, you will get them - if you didn't, you wont.

BeoWorld isn't about spam, and never will your details be divulged to third parties either.  We take your privacy very seriously.

OK - but where did I choose or not choose to receive them? Big Smile Granted, I haven't looked in my profile/site options for a long time, but the only relevant option I can see is "receive emails", which I really do not want to turn off.

NB: I'm fully aware of the distinction between spam and notifications I might have subscribed to. And, as said, I haven't seen the newsletter yet, it might be the next best thing after sliced bread for all that I know... Wink

-mika

• 08-10-2009 4:22 PM In reply to

Did receive it this afternoon - and yes, mika: it even tells you how to stop those e-mails Stick out tongue

hx

• 08-11-2009 4:31 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Hi

If you would like to to unsubscribe from receiving newsletter emails in future please click "edit your profile" in the top right of the screen. Select the 'site options' tab. If you scroll down the screen you will notice the email configuration options.

Best wishes

• 08-11-2009 4:33 AM In reply to

Still nothing here :-(

• 08-11-2009 4:58 AM In reply to

van:

Hi

If you would like to to unsubscribe from receiving newsletter emails in future please click "edit your profile" in the top right of the screen. Select the 'site options' tab. If you scroll down the screen you will notice the email configuration options.

Best wishes

Yes - as I said, I've been there and I still don't understand which option combination would select me no periodical newsletters, but still send me (possibly important) general site notifications I'd like to receive. I can certainly remember I don't want the last option to be on.

But never mind - if I ever get the newsletter, I might just as well like to receive it in the future too Smile

In general, I can see there might be a need for "members only" announcements that perhaps shouldn't be posted on the front page for anyone to see. So I'm not opposing this development, this was more of an academic problem in nature...

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)