in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2009 12:55 PM by Electrified. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

• Matt35
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 5 alternative: LaCinema Black

The Beomaster5 was also constructed to be built into a television as the Vision9 e.g., therefore the heat generation had also be focused on by the B&O engineers. Video playback is very processor intensive and would generate to much heat.

Matt

• 10-05-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 5 alternative: LaCinema Black

Matt35:

The Beomaster5 was also constructed to be built into a television as the Vision9 e.g., therefore the heat generation had also be focused on by the B&O engineers. Video playback is very processor intensive and would generate to much heat.

Matt

I think that could be a valid concern. However, my Thinkpad X200s plays video just fine, and doesn't become too hot.

I think the size-concern is a valid one. It definately could have been smaller, and the idea that it is big because they want to build it into a telly, doesn't excuse the size. On the contrary, I would think that it would be better for such a purpose if it was smaller. Especially considering that many people request thin tellies these days.

With that said, I do realise that plugs and connectors take up a fair bit of space, but it's not like it has connections ad libitum. To me, it seems like a concept-thing, before they got to work and starting looking for better space management and smaller components. Only they skipped that part and shipped it directly.

In any case, I'm personally not too much concerned with the size. It's the three cables to the BS5 I find a tad excessive. All in all, it _could_ have been done a little bit more elegant(ly), if they had had the time and the money and weren't screwed financially, IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2