in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2009 6:09 PM by jens m. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2009 11:24 AM

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Beogram CD50 Laser

I've got a CD50 coming in for repair, and while I'm very familiar with the Philips CDM2- and CDM4-based units, this unit has an Aiwa laser, which I've never seen before.

Does anyone have a model number for this laser?

Is the laser separate from the motor, or are the 2 parts an integrated unit?

Any spares around at all?

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 08-09-2009 5:04 AM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beogram CD50 Laser

hi menahem!

the laser and the motor are seperate. the laser is really robust in a metal casing and isn´t the first part, i would expect to fail. but the spindle motor is likley to need some good cleaning and relubbing, at least that was the case with the two cd50 i have. after that the beogram problems with reading the cd were solved.

so good luck for your project!

jens

• 08-09-2009 5:33 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Jens

I'll start with your recommendations for cleaning and lubeing.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 08-09-2009 7:11 PM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

you´re welcome!

for cleaning and lubeing you´ll have to disassemble the motor. after losening the small platter, where cd normally is clamped on, you can dismantle the motor from the chassis and then you´ll see, that the axis of the spindlemotor is fixed in its bearing by a little brassring. this brassring is really tight on the axis; the best way for me to get it off was to put the tip of the axis on a desk press down the small pcb, which sitts around the motor. a bit of oil perhaps makes it easier to get it off. there are some small washers on the axis under and above the bearing, make sure you don´t loose them... i spent quite a while on my knees under my desk to get hold of them again...

then clean the axis and the bearing, apply some oil and reassemble, make sure everything isn´t too tight, so that the motor can spinn freely...

hope you get your cd 50 back to life!

jens

• 08-14-2009 8:45 AM In reply to

• HGK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hallo Jens

ist es auch für einen anfänger möglich, den Spindelmotor zu reinigen und "relubbing" (hab ich in LEO nicht gefunden; vermutlich wohl schmieren oder?)

kennst du jemand, der das verläßlich macht?

danke im voraus für eien antwort

hansjörg

• 08-14-2009 11:26 AM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

hallo hansjöeg!

es ist schwierig eine normale b&o werkstatt zu finden, die noch lust haben auf komponenten ebene zu reparieren und nicht nur ganze module auszutauschen....

das mit den spindelmotor reinigen und schmieren hilft sehr oft, aber es gibt natürlich auch defekte laser, dann kann man nicht mehr soviel retten.

um an den spindelmotor ranzukommen, muss man doch einiges auseinandernehmen, aber man muss nichts löten oder dergleichen.

wenn die alternative ist, den cd50 in rente zu schicken, dann denke ich, kann man auch als anfänger sein glück probieren...

ansonsten wäre dillen in dänemark (auch hier im forum) jemand der das gute stück wieder flott kriegt (außer der laser ist tatsächlich hin...), wenn du die portokosten nicht scheust.

wenn du es selber probieren möchtest:

natürlich vorher stromkabel ziehen!!

dann gehäusedeckel runter (zwei schrauben auf der rückseite lösen und nach oben schieben, dann deckel nach hinten abziehen).

jetzt siehst du links vorne das cd-laufwerk.

die oberseite des LWs ist mit 4 schrauben auf 4 gummiblöcken befestigt, diese schrauben rausnehmen.

jetzt  kannst du die obere hälfte des laufwerks abnehmen und nach rechts klappen.

mit einem recht kleinen inbusschlüssel lößt du nun den kleinen kupferfarbenen plattenteller und ziehst ihn ab, er sollte später, beim wiederzusammensetzen des players auf der exakt gleichen höhe befestigt werden, also wäre hier eine schiebelehre nicht schlecht, oder mit einem stapel papierstreifen improvisieren.

jetzt kannst du die vier schrauben des spindel motors an der oberseite des laufwerks löen und den motor rausnehmen; sein kabelsteckt an der oberen platine rechts fest, am besten abziehen, dann hast du mehr bewegungsfreiheit, dazu mußt du die paltine lösen und aufklappen.

so jetzt hast du den motor in der hand und kannst den rest eigentlich dem anderen post entnehmen.

beim einbau alles wieder in umgekehrter reihenfolge und wenn du schonmal auf hast, dann würde ich auch die mechanik, auf der der laserschlitten gleitet säubern und schmieren...

also viel spaß beim basteln!

jens 

• 08-15-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Hey Jens

Very good explanation - you don't need to look for a technician's shop - I think you are the technician now!

Menahem

• 08-15-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

thanks menahem!

i´m definatly no technician, just trial and error...

very much trial and unfortunatly also much error...

jens

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)