in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2009 1:27 AM by SWISS_2. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2009 8:20 AM

Recent purchase - Eames Lounge Chair

I have recently purchase an Eames Lounge Chair, and it has arrived yesterday. Big Smile

Very comfortable, perfect for reading in and listening to music in and GAMING !   Here are some pics ~

• 08-08-2009 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: Recent purchase - Eames Lounge Chair

Looks comfortable... I bet you will fall asleep when listening or watching tv...

• 08-09-2009 12:40 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

A fine setup sir. I quite like the angle of your first picture, very nice.

Evan

• 08-14-2009 9:59 AM In reply to

Nice Bahaus style.

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 08-17-2009 5:29 PM In reply to

• Sibtain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Buckinghamshire
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

sweet.........i've been after one too...

great set up,

• 08-17-2009 9:14 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Very nice !

It fits in with the design of your room and the BL 9. When maintained, they last for years ( we still have ours ).

Enjoy !

• 08-18-2009 6:13 AM In reply to

Heavenly Sword....I have it too...but did not make it to the last challenge...nice chair, I will get myself one sooner or later...is it from Vitra or Herman Miller ?

• 08-19-2009 8:17 PM In reply to

Its a Herman Miller chair, its indeed very comfortable, except that I am not a short person therefore I can't quite rest my head on the head piece, but its perfect for my wife.

• 08-22-2009 5:52 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

For those of you who are looking for one, I saw one at Value city furniture. Very comfortable.

Evan

• 08-25-2009 4:03 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Very nice setup.

Can I ask what is the BV7 sitting on, I have been looking for something low, yet deep to put my BV7 on, and that actually looks very nice - for what I can see of it.

Thanks.

• 08-28-2009 5:55 PM In reply to

i must admit that i really admire your room it has a calm relaxed look about it very very nice.

• 09-01-2009 2:46 AM In reply to

JoC:

Very nice setup.

Can I ask what is the BV7 sitting on, I have been looking for something low, yet deep to put my BV7 on, and that actually looks very nice - for what I can see of it.

Thanks.

It is just a tv stand I pick up at James St, Brisbane.  I don't think it is a brand name furniture.  But it's hight suit the BV7 on table stand very well.  

• 09-02-2009 8:39 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Awiecc;

One of my younger engineers came by and talked with us about our Eames chair, as I had a new cover kit installed from Hermann Miller.  Not inexpensive, but the leather had gone over the years, rubber shock pads cracked, and the down feathers had long dissolved into dust. We kept the wood veneer going with a product from the Amazon called Peroba Oil, so everything now was as new again.

2 Saturday's ago, we had a party at his Condo and guess what; " Nice Eames chair you have there. "  Non Vitra or Hermann Miller, but ( and I hate to admit it ) BETTER than new. Custom ordered in China on EBAY, 30 day wait, but 1/10 th the price !

Nice addition, but he still has a long way to go yet.  His stereo system is Marantz.

• 09-04-2009 9:51 AM In reply to

Just curious, how long have you had your chair before you needed this cover kit?

I was actually considering getting one from Ebay before I bought the HM chair, I then decided to go for HM because I want THE "Eames chair".  But if it is as you have said better then new and 1/10 th the price, all I can say is it must have used inferior leather and cheap wood ply.. to make myself feel better ..LOL. 

• 09-05-2009 1:27 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

1. 1969. If you just purchased yours,  you should have a few years to go yet.

The rubber shocks age due to use, and smog. We never had a problem with the structure of the shell. The leather needed to be replaced from normal use, and our kids growing up using it as a Fort, rocking chair, and Olympic diving platform.

The replacement kit is foam and leather only. No more down inserts, but like new. Jacaranda ( Rosewood ) is not an option any more, so take care ( Peroba oil ) of it if you have it, or can find one.

2. Looking at the Chinese version, the bolts are Inox or stainless, and the stand support is of better construction. Solid. Leather looked good, but time will tell.

There is another more important aspect of the Eames chair; Music. Mine took me through many B&O system components over the years: Tube, Short wave, cassette, LP players, and two Reel-to-Reels. The good folks at Hermann Miller have been very helpful for minor parts over the years, just as Vitra is. Like an old Chris-Craft, this bit of wooden furniture should have died after about 12 years, but doesn't.

Hopefully our kids, and their children will continue to enjoy  the tradition.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)