in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-06-2009 3:23 PM by j0hnbarker. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2009 7:48 AM

Moving House

HI,

I'm omving house in the next couple of months and would like to know if anyone can recommend someone who can re-install my B&O equipment and link it all together. I'm based in the north east of England (TS17)

• 08-05-2009 7:48 AM In reply to

Re: Moving House

oops :-) moving house

• 08-05-2009 1:30 PM In reply to

DIY?

• 08-05-2009 1:47 PM In reply to

No - thumbs down [N] Re: Moving House

Anymore witty unhelpful replies ?
  • 08-05-2009 2:43 PM In reply to

I do not think Jason's suggestion was so unhelpful... It is quite easy to do by yourself, and many people here can give you advise on this site, providing you tell us what you have exactly and in which room. Otherwise, simply visit your nearest B&O dealer, they will be very pleased to do the job.
  • 08-06-2009 5:03 AM In reply to

I work away during the week and don't want to spend my weekend chasing walls and running cables. I would much prefer to pay someone to do it for me. That way I can spend more time with family.  I have installed equipment no problem in the past but thought I would ask around on this forum. If I'd realised I would have to tell my life story to see if any one had used a decent installer I wouldn't have bothered.

• 08-06-2009 6:48 AM In reply to

Then contact your local B&O dealer. He/she will have an installer that they use on a regular basis.

Hang on, don't tell me, you don't get on with your local dealer?

Why am I not surprised???

Regards Graham

• 08-06-2009 6:50 AM In reply to

kruppking:

If I'd realised I would have to tell my life story to see if any one had used a decent installer I wouldn't have bothered.

I can see why you're moving - obviously the layout of your present home necessitates you getting out of the wrong side of the bed...

And to think that by and large Beoworld is a friendly place... Unsure

That said, I know only too well that moving house is stressful, and I'd like to think that under normal circumstances you'd be less caustic in your reply.

Good luck with it all.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 08-06-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I would just check with a local dealer. We had them come out and set some stuff up for us..... mostly rewiring. They were quite helpful. I would just make sure you have it all ready so it takes them the least time as possible.

I'm not sure but maybe they can even transport the equipment there for you...to minimize the chance of anything getting damaged.

• 08-06-2009 11:46 AM In reply to

Thanks Luke.

Joeyboygolf I get on really well with my dealer, both at home and also where I work. I know my local dealer will install but was also wondering if there was any others out there I could compare installation prices with.  I do like to shop around, as an aside I've also bought equpiment from yourself in the past.

I'm not wanting to sound caustic. I asked a simple question that's all. If I'd wanted DIY info then I would have asked for it.

End of post.

• 08-06-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

Crikey mate. If you knew the answer already then why ask in the first place? Try and not take things too personally!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)