in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2011 11:44 PM by Oasis. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2009 11:56 AM

Earset 3

Hi, all

I'm a Serenata user and wondering if any one of you have any problems with your Earset 3.  

The Earset's cable between the left earphone and mic has been broken for three times since I bought the phone in July of last year; basically the plastic cable has become hardened and then detached from the mic and the metal wire inside is exposed.  At the first time, the dealer asked for about Euro50 for repairing cost.  I strongly argued with them because this is the quality problem (I also owned a A-8 and it is still working totally fine since I purchased it in 2003).  Finally, they agreed to fix it without additional cost.  They also fixed it without charge when it broke for the 2nd time.  Currently, the cable broke for its third time again.  I get very frustrated with this eventhough if the dealer is willing to fix it for me without charges.  I did not expect a phone which cost about Euro1,200 should have any problem like this.  As such, I'm wondering if any one of you have experienced with this problem before and grateful if you can share your experience.

Thank you in advance for all your sharing and thoughts.

• 07-30-2009 6:28 PM In reply to

Re: Earset 3

My left speaker stopped working twice as well. My dealer replaced it in store the first time and then sent it off the second time with no mention of any charge.  My local dealer is absolutley superb which is more than I can say about the Serenata. The latest thing to go wrong is the button in the middle of the dial doesn't operate properly so I am forever pressing too hard and pressing down the dial by accident - texting was almost impossible and now it is even harder!!

• 07-31-2009 4:47 AM In reply to

When you look at the wires on EarSet 3 and see how thin the left & right wires are, you see how fragile the whole thing is; I always wondered why this Earset was so "cheap" with the wiring, because it uses the same principles as all other earsets in the range. Even if the wire inside is extremely thin, why not using a more robust design for the left & right earsets, especially since the unequal length & placement behind your neck makes a lot of people pull too much on the cables?

I'm very careful when I use it, because it is expensive and I have no B&O dealership around, and since it has a proprietary connection with the Serenata, you can't use anything else when it breaks..Angry

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 03-07-2011 5:33 PM In reply to

Is anybody having a positive experience with the earset 3?

I am using a cabled blackberry headset for a while with my macbook, it works fairly well for me with skype but I miss the sound quality from the A8s ....

It seems to have disappeared from the apple store

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-07-2011 7:02 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Apple stopped carrying all B&O.

The Earset 3 is supposed to be updated so that the wires from the mic to the earphones are equal, a "Y" shape if you will.

Evan

• 03-07-2011 9:45 PM In reply to

That's not the only update. Stay tuned. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-08-2011 11:44 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

That's not the only update. Stay tuned. 

Oh I was thinking about getting one for my iphone 4 so that means I should wait?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)