in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2009 7:44 AM by Keith Saunders. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2009 5:44 AM

• Jan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-15-2007
    • Netherlands,Flevoland
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Beo 5 and UPC box Netherlands

Hello,I have a question about this subject.

In the configuration tool i see there the Thomson upc box.I did upload this to the Beo 5 but nothing is working.What can be the problem.

When i ask a dealer in the Netherlands they say its only working in combination whit B&O television.But i have the Upc box on another place in the house and is not connected to the avant.Also on the avant its not working after testing

Regards,Jan

• 07-30-2009 7:44 AM In reply to

Re: Beo 5 and UPC box Netherlands

Jan,

There are two types of XML product control files for 3rd party products.

1. There are the standard configured files found in the Beo5 Configuration Tool which sends B&O control signals to a Beovision which has a PUC or STB-C. These B&O control signals are translated by the PUC or STB-C and sent to the STB.
    2. These are XML control files which allow the control of 3rd party products DIRECTLY from a Beo5 without the involvement of ANY other B&O product. B&O have ONLY produced a few of these files under "Third Party Accessories" for partner products such as Lutron.

When you used the Thomson file, it was assuming that you had the Thomson box connected to your Beovision TV with an IR blaster connected to it. In other words option (1) above.

For you to control your Thomson box directly, you will need to have a 3rd Party XML file created which will allow direct control WITHOUT your AVANT or any other B&O product.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)