in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2007 6:55 PM by 9 LEE. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2007 7:22 PM

BeoVision 7-32 - Very dissapointed - Sold it

I must say for the amount of money that TV costs, it's a shame it performs so badly.

I sold mine today, and was happy to get my money back for it. Had it for two weeks and gave it lots of chances, but it failed.

The Film Mode is crap, so turned that off, but still the image is noisy (due to the composite cables between the DVD-player and the monitor). It doesn't have a HDMI (that, I knew), the DVD-player is an average Pioneer player.

Used Video Essentials to calibrate it, but that didn't help either. The picture is noisy, horisontal cameramoves is jittery (not smooth) and the reception of analogue TV-signals is bad.

I'm buying a Loewe Spheros with built-in harddisc and satellite tuner for half the price.

The only pros of the set is the looks and the build-quality, but the picture quality is far from worth the money!!!

But, my BL5s, me loves!

C

Filed under:
  • 06-06-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7-32 - Very dissapointed - Sold it

Shame that you had such a bad experience with your BV7

Loewe is a good choice. I own a Loewe Ergo 28" widescreen and am so pleased with it. Even the design is quite good and it has so many features like PIP, electronic curtain, on screen instructions, excellent sound ( 2x40 watts through 4 speakers ), concealed cabling, etc. etc.

I also have an MX7000 in my bedroom on a motorised base which turns towards my bed!

What a joy Big Smile

Bruno

• 06-06-2007 9:54 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Sad to read this. What pannel was your BV7?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-06-2007 10:26 AM In reply to

Don't think the 7-32 is up to the Avant yet, but also don't think any LCD is. The BV9 could sway me if it ever came in a smaller size! Hope you didn't lose too much money on this. The advice has to be to audition first. Not sure what you mean about composite from the DVD player? The inbuilt one is surely hard wired into the set and will be RGB? Or am I wrong?
  • 06-06-2007 12:08 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

I think the problem here is not so much B&O its the fact its LCD!

There is a limit to what one can do with this technology and im sure that in ten years from now we will say- did people really buy LCD back then when its soooo much worse then CRT!

• 06-06-2007 12:34 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Thanks for the post ClausOslo, it makes me feel more content to keep my money in my pocket and not get itchy to upgrade my Avant for a long time. I like a negative review once in a while as most B&O owners develop blind faith.
  • 06-06-2007 3:17 PM In reply to

The Avant is a lovely Tv! Keep it till it works.

By the way anyone with a spare Avant for me?  Stick out tongue

Bruno 

• 06-06-2007 6:36 PM In reply to

I have to agree with 355f about LCDs in general. The only thing I have seen, which is better than a top-of-the-pops CRT like the Avant is a top-end plasma sourcing an HD movie.

... and furtunately that is what I have. ;-D 

But for SD content the Avant is brilliant - better than any flatscreen. 

• 06-06-2007 6:55 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I too think LCD is pretty rubbish at the moment. It trails Plasma and CRT by some distance, but i'm sure it will catch up as plenty of money is beng poured into it by lots of big companies.

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)