in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2009 5:22 AM by david coyne. 33 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2009 3:36 PM

Beoworld meet 2009?

Curiosity got the better of me, and I just have to ask this question, is there going to be a Beoworld meet 2009?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 07-28-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Beoworld meet 2009?

I asked a similar question some time ago, but there was no 'official' response to the question. When talk of a northern UK meet was mentioned earlier in the year, there was considerable interest, but without a firm plan and anyone to lead it, the idea came to nought.

I would say that there would be considerable interest, but without some clear idea of where to meet and what to do, it's likely that nothing will actually happen :(

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 07-28-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Unfortunately from first hand experience, i can tell you people are very good at showing interest - but less willing to actually attend when it comes to the crunch..

If anyone wants to organise a meet, i would be delighted to 'officially' publicise it and do my best though. Just give me a date and i'll happily organise a time and place - or even better give me the date, time and place and i'll shout it from the rooftops!

I fully support any BeoWorld 'get-togethers' - they are always fun, and it's great to meet the people you speak to so much!

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-28-2009 6:32 PM In reply to

Perhaps its time to dig out the best coffee cups and allow our shop to be "occupied" for another evening ??

Its been a while since the first northern beoworlders meet @ King Street - so maybe , with some interesting bits due out over the coming months, we should have the second installment.......but, I'm of to Cambridge for the folk festival, so any thoughts will have to be put on hold until next week. 

Now, where did i put my hurdy gurdy.....

over to you lot really - if the demand is there, we can throw open the doors....probably mid September would be OK - lets see what interest appears here whilst I'm off learning that hard to play minor 7th in a few jigs and reels..

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 07-29-2009 12:18 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

How kind (as usual) Dave.
    You know you guys can count on me!  If I say I'm going to be there, I'll be there!
    I'm in Shetland between Sep 11th and 20th so not available then.
    Have a great time at Cambridge FF my friend!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-29-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

Did Jo pop in today? It was her birthday and she said she would as she is in Manchester marking!

• 07-29-2009 3:13 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i think i woudl lvoe to attend a Beoworld meet.

Be nice to meet some of you all

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-29-2009 4:29 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Seanie:

i think i woudl lvoe to attend a Beoworld meet.

Be nice to meet some of you all

If there was a Northern England meet where would make most sense - Newcastle, York, Leeds, Harrogate or Manchester (or anywhere else)???

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-29-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

I'd be happy to go to King Street for a meet.

Simon

• 07-29-2009 5:18 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

wirralsimon:

Simon

Good enough - everyone else???????

• 07-29-2009 5:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Careful Puncher!
    We might end up meeting each other!Surprise

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-29-2009 5:30 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Jandyt:

Careful Puncher!
    We might end up meeting each other!Surprise

Obviously we'll pick a date when you are unavailable!

• 07-29-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

If there was a Northern England meet where would make most sense - Newcastle, York, Leeds, Harrogate or Manchester (or anywhere else)???

It's got to be Harrogate. I could make it, if it was Harrogate.

• 07-29-2009 6:04 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

moxxey:

Puncher:

It's got to be Harrogate. I could make it, if it was Harrogate.

Does anyone know the B&O dealers in Harrogate - are they friendly??

• 07-30-2009 6:43 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Another Beoworld meet sound  like a great idea to me. You can count me in, wherever it is going to be.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-30-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

NOT Harrogate! It's a ridiculous place to try to access by road from anywhere but Wetherby! Go for Manchester or Leeds as road and rail access is much better from pretty much any direction north/south/east/west. 

• 07-30-2009 5:22 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

NOT Harrogate! It's a ridiculous place to try to access by road from anywhere but Wetherby! Go for Manchester or Leeds as road and rail access is much better from pretty much any direction north/south/east/west. 

Amazing. When I go up North, that's exactly what my parents claim....yet you can drive straight in to the centre of Harrogate and park right in the centre! 15 minutes from the A1. There's also a station.

Takes ages to drive in to the centre of Manchester! It's a daft thing to say it's 'quicker' trying to get in the centre. Actually, quite bizarre. Everytime I drive to Manchester it takes ages to get in and parked.

• 07-30-2009 5:31 PM In reply to

Puncher:

wirralsimon:

Simon

What's wrong with those helpful guys at Castle Street, Liverpool, Simon? And the 'Liverpool One' carparks have been voted in the top two in the country. Bit expensive before 6pm though!)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-30-2009 5:42 PM In reply to

Sorry Moxxey - not everyone would approach via the A1! Try coming in via the A61 from Leeds in the rush hour! Harrogate is prime commuter territory from Leeds, and is a nightmare to get in and out of. As for the A1, it's a massive pain in the bum. Listen to the national travel news and listen to how many times there's an 'incident' at Bramham crossroads. As for passing Leeds Grammar School past Harewood - well, all I can say is good luck getting past all those Chelsea tractors.

Manc or Leeds would be my choice as a northerner. I live in Sheffield now, having moved from Leeds at Easter. I would happily travel to either from Sheffield, but not to Harrogate. Those two have got to be the most sensible and accessible northern cities outside of York (which unfortunately has no B&O store).

• 07-30-2009 6:59 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Funnily enough - I'm off to Harogate tomorrow! I shall give a traffic report on my returnBig Smile

• 07-31-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

vikinguk:

Puncher:

wirralsimon:

Simon

What's wrong with those helpful guys at Castle Street, Liverpool, Simon? And the 'Liverpool One' carparks have been voted in the top two in the country. Bit expensive before 6pm though!)

Graham

Graham

Only been to the Castle Street branch once, when they declined  to sell me som CX100 speaker drivers unless I used their repair service.

As I travel to Manchester regularly and King Street are on the forum here I go to them instead.

There are amazingly plush car parks though, if a little pricey. Do you work in the City Centre?

Simon

• 07-31-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

wirralsimon:

vikinguk:

Puncher:

wirralsimon:

Simon

Graham

Graham

Only been to the Castle Street branch once, when they declined  to sell me som CX100 speaker drivers unless I used their repair service.

As I travel to Manchester regularly and King Street are on the forum here I go to them instead.

There are amazingly plush car parks though, if a little pricey. Do you work in the City Centre?

Simon

Did at one time. Now spend more time travelling through it to use the tunnels. Incidentally, you will find the Castle Street store is on this forum (but not as obvious and up-front as King Street!)

Always find Manchester a bit of a nightmare for driving into traffic-wise and the rail service from the Liverpool side is very poor. (Amazing when you think that this was the original and first inter-city line!)

If you're travelling from the south, Liverpool is as quick to reach as Hull or anywhere in between. Travelling west to east I think I would favour Manchester.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-31-2009 8:18 AM In reply to

I would favour Manchester if only to see the King Street boys again. They are always helpful and I will buy my new equipment from them - when I need any! Had a great night out at the jazz club last time. Would favour a week end from a travelling and work point of view.

• 07-31-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

So for a southern shandy drinking wotsit, King Street is Manchester and not Brum?

[:'(]

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 08-01-2009 1:15 AM In reply to

Hello

Seems no one can decide...

So how about Sydney, New South Wales???????

I'll supply the drinks and a beolit or two.....

David Coyne

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >