in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-27-2009 8:00 AM by meandmyshadow. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2009 1:47 PM

Beovision 9 - NO PICTURE

At the end of watching the Grand Prix today the picture on my Beo 9 went off.  Nothing shows an image - TV, DVD, DTV, SKY, Apple TV or Beomedia 1 but the TV sound is there.

I have tried turning everything off and even switched the mains to the whole house so everything gets reset but when the TV is connected even without turning on the screen goes from black to grey and it sounds like a fan is on in the TV which I have never heard before (quite loud).

I believe that when the mains was off for some time the TV needs a pin code but I cannot see anything to say this.  I have tried typing in the PIN code blind but it doesn't help.  the TV was bought in May 2007 so it has just gone out of warranty!

Any ideas?

• 07-26-2009 8:26 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 9 - NO PICTURE

Don't want to be a bearer of bad news, but your screen can be fried. It happened to my first plasma TV (not B&O). It had the exact same thing, sound but absolutely not a hint of picture. Screen was totally dead.

Surely someone more knowledgeable may answer this one correctly.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 07-26-2009 9:52 PM In reply to

Doesn't sound good, but on the other hand there's a lot going on in the BeoVision 9. 

I believe that if you look at the BeoSystem 3 on the back of the BeoVision 9 you can actually see the DVI plugged in. I would check this connection. Same goes for the RS-232 which is responsible for turning the screen on. Beyond that I'd leave it to your dealer to investigate further. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-27-2009 3:53 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Hi 'Peterlem'. Firstly let me say I know absolutely nothing about the Beo 9, but offer my sympathy if something serious has happened.

But, reading about the TV, I read this:-

"After every 120 hours of TV use, a little sensor arm rotates out from the center of the bezel at the top. The screen displays a graduated gray scale test pattern. The sensor measures the color temperature of the white and black points and compares it to the factory calibration. If there is a difference, the TV is adjusted automagically.

During the process, the screen blinks to black a few times."

Could the screen have blinked to black during the above process and stayed like that? Sorry if this is a silly idea, as I said I don't know anything about this set.

Good luck though.

• 07-27-2009 8:00 AM In reply to

Peterlem:

At the end of watching the Grand Prix today the picture on my Beo 9 went off.  Nothing shows an image - TV, DVD, DTV, SKY, Apple TV or Beomedia 1 but the TV sound is there.

I have tried turning everything off and even switched the mains to the whole house so everything gets reset but when the TV is connected even without turning on the screen goes from black to grey and it sounds like a fan is on in the TV which I have never heard before (quite loud).

I believe that when the mains was off for some time the TV needs a pin code but I cannot see anything to say this.  I have tried typing in the PIN code blind but it doesn't help.  the TV was bought in May 2007 so it has just gone out of warranty!

Any ideas?

Contact your dealer, something so severe will probably get some support from B&O you're only a couple of months out of warranty so you will probably get parts as long as you cover the labour costs.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)