in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-31-2009 4:10 AM by thaird. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2009 12:37 AM

• thaird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2009
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Beousound 9000 Turns Off

Hi,

I have read through some similar posts to what I am about to describe below but there are some small differences I am experiencing so thought best to start afresh.

Equipment - Beosound 9000 Type 2527 

This model had the faulty door issue but I bought the equipment in the UK and was living in Australia when the recall was done so was unaware of it.  I have since moved to Thailand and the door become unstuck on the bottom hinge, I checked the web and discovered the recall but years earlier, so had to remedy the problem myself which seemed to work for the last 8 months.  The door does seem to close slightly too far and just touches the cd changer but as I mostly use the Aux setting with Airport Express didn't see it as a major issue.

Two days ago I turned the Beosound on and selected Aux, the light came on and then flashed once before switching off.  I tried the cd setting and the cd changer moved to the correct cd, seemed to start to engage it but didn't spin and switched off returning to the top position.

I have read the other threads and have tried cleaning just about everything I could get to with a cotton bud and cleaning alcohol, also tried using a hairdryer set on cold to blow any dust out but still no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I don't have any of my manuals with me unfortunately they have disappeared after moving countries.  I live in Koh Samui and it is not only going to cost a fortune to get the unit sent to Bangkok but having spoken to them they charge like wounded bulls also.

Thanks.

• 07-26-2009 12:56 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beousound 9000 Turns Off

This might sound silly / obvious, but have you changed the mounting of the Beosound and neglected to alter the carriage screws on the back of the unit?

Even if you haven't changed orientation, it might be worthwhile to see if the carriage screws are aligned.
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 07-26-2009 1:53 AM In reply to

• thaird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2009
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Hi Sal,

No I have always had the unit vertical on a stand and then when I moved to Thailand it was changed to a wall mount but still vertical so haven't changed anything from the original install by the B&O techs.  I will have a look though and confirm which way they are set just in case, but I doubt that is the cause as it has worked fine for the past 11/12 years.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

• 07-26-2009 2:07 AM In reply to

• thaird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2009
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Just took the wall bracket off and checked the back of the Beosound.  I am guessing that the carriage screws are the two holes with the flat sided and rounded top and bottom insert?  I have never touched these and they are aligned so that the flat sides are vertical when the unit is hanging on the wall?  I guess that is right as I don't have a manual but it doesn't look like they have moved at all.

• 07-26-2009 8:52 AM In reply to

Sounds like a power module or microprocessor problem...

• 07-26-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

• thaird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2009
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Hi Beoknow,

Is there anything I can try/do to confirm if this is the problem?  If it is what is the likely procedure to rectify?  Will it need to be returned to a B&O service centre or can any repair be done at home?

Thanks.

• 07-26-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

I would always start with a power down (disconnect mains for 5 mins), but  I don't think it will cure this problem.  Sounds like a service centre job...

• 07-26-2009 8:53 PM In reply to

• thaird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2009
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the info.  I have had the system removed from the mains power for a couple of days and as you suggested it hasn't helped.  I guess it is beyond me to sort this out and will have to look at the options to send it to Bangkok.  It is quite annoying as I tend to only use the Beosound to route my itunes to the speakers and as such it is going to be one hell of an expensive digital music player.  Maybe I need to look at hooking up some other device between my Mac and the speakers.  I will have a look at the Mac forum and see what the options are there.

Thanks very much for your comments and suggestions guys.

• 07-31-2009 4:10 AM In reply to

• thaird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2009
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Hi Beoknow,

I have found a workaround for the Beosound 9000 problem which doesn't fix it but bypasses it altogether.  I as I already said play my music from my iMac and after reading some other posts on some of the other forums have ended up with the following configuration which is working absolutely perfectly.  The best thing is that it only cost 130 baht (USD$3.70) and I get to hang the Beosound on the wall with no wires connected, still looking great but doing absolutely nothing!

Configuration:

iMac using iTunes connected wirelessly to Apple airport express then a cable connecting both Beolab 8000's via RCA connector (with selector switch set to line).

My question if you can help is that I also have two outdoor speakers (Bose) which are currently connected via a Beolink into a Beolink Passive box (Modified MCL2P). I would ideally like to be able to play music inside as well as outside, I understand that I will lose the B&O functionality of the Beolink system but can I connect the Apple airport somehow to the Beolink passive box?  At the moment I have an ML Distributor sitting right next to the Airport Express (which in turns leads to the Beolink Passive box) so am wondering if I cut the end off the proprietary B&O cable that runs to the ML distributor and splice in the new strandard cable I am using with the Beolab's, should this work??  I amguessing that if it does I will probably have no control over the two zones and would have to manually turn the Beolink Passive on/off as neccessary which wouldn't be a major problem.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)