in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2009 11:39 AM by Peter. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2009 10:54 PM

Cured?

I think I am cured of my B&O addiction.

I am visiting this site less and less.

I ordered replacement foam pads for my Form headsets from my dealer two months ago

outragously expensive for "foam" - still have not received them

sent an email requesting an update about a month ago - no response

B&O is too expensive for what it is.... what is it?

looking more and more at alternative music systems and upgrades.......

from a company that "gets it".

I have always like the McIntosh stuff - need to find a local dealer.......

.... am I wrong?  convince me otherwise?

• 07-26-2009 1:04 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Re: Cured?

It is unfortunate that this isn't the first time I have heard (or read on these forums) that customer service (or lack there of) has begun to leave a bitter taste in the mouths of beophiles.

This past week, just for kicks I had a listen to B&W, Dynaudio, Martin Logan, and Magico speakers at a local hi end audio shop. I was blown away by the sound (and that's what really counts). Obviously they didn't have the looks of B&O, but I was impressed. And every one of the speakers, apart from the Magico, were in line price-wise with B&O at their respective level.

They were powered by Rotel and McIntosh Amps.

Again, they're not ugly, they're just not as refined looking as B&O, but the sound was really something to behold.

There's nothing wrong with having a choice.
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 07-26-2009 2:57 AM In reply to

Had the same problem. Sold all B&O en bought a Pioneer Plasma, Bluray and amps, with B&W sats and sub, an apple TV and a Logitech remote.

I just kept my LC2.

I'm very happy with this choice.

• 07-26-2009 3:48 AM In reply to

For things like ear pads, I would go straight to Lee.

As to whether you are right or not, you are probably right for you. B&O is not the only company that makes good products - it all depends on the balance you require. For something beautiful and ergonomic, B&O will take some beating. For something which is good value but yet well made, Panasonic is a good choice as is Sony. McIntosh will make high end technical looking equipment - there is a wide palette to choose from. Our tastes do change - I get B&O because I love the design and the ease of use.

• 07-26-2009 6:10 AM In reply to

I don't know why you are surprised!!

As far as I am concerned the same or better sound can be had from non-B&O audio and this has been true since way back when I was a lad and first became interested in the subject.

Would I want that non-B&O stuff in my front room?? In the main, the answer is a resounding NO!

B&O sound quality is acceptable, that's as far as I will go. The design and the feel is what does it for me.

Regards Graham

• 07-26-2009 11:04 AM In reply to

Another example of poor customer service. If Apple can pay people $7 and hour and give a great experience B&O should certainly be able to do better than unreturned phone calls. It's a real shame.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-26-2009 11:14 AM In reply to

yes it is a real shame.

there product line is not keeping pace with current technology

everything is too freaking expensive for what it is ($15 for cheap form pads?)

the non-compatible everything (connectors, remotes, etc)

the stuff looks nice - but not that nice........

• 07-26-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

Now you see I would say one advantage is the compatible connectors and remotes! But there again I am in Europe and almost all my equipment is B&O! Laughing

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)