in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2009 4:31 AM by petermc. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2009 8:15 PM

BeoLink Passive Connections??

I have a BeoLink Passive I picked up but it does not have the connectors for the speakers with it.  Does anyone know what these connectors are called??   Can I get them off ebay if they are available there or do I need to head to the dealer.  In my case the only dealer is 3 1/2 hours away.  Any help would be appreciated...

THANX

• 07-25-2009 12:09 AM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLink Passive Connections??

striker27:

I have a BeoLink Passive I picked up but it does not have the connectors for the speakers with it.  Does anyone know what these connectors are called??   Can I get them off ebay if they are available there or do I need to head to the dealer.  In my case the only dealer is 3 1/2 hours away.  Any help would be appreciated...

I think you are after basic 2 pin din speaker plugs - ebay item 370230746600 would fit with appropraite cable (not sure what connector you need at the speaker end!

Brian

• 07-25-2009 2:36 PM In reply to

With all the views and not a negative about these connectors I take it they are correct....

I am hooking them up to regular plain old passive speakers so they just need the bare metal wire on them like any old speaker.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think that is how is works..

THANX AGAIN!!!!

• 07-25-2009 6:38 PM In reply to

Easy, just contact Sounds Heavenly for your cable needs. Beoworld sponser who supplied my speaker cables for my bathroom kef speakers to beolink passive amp.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-26-2009 4:31 AM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Hi Striker27,

Yes all you need is two 2 pin din plugs. Don't bother with the B&O versions - you can pick them up at any electronics store for next to nothing.

The connections will be masterlink in and then using your din plugs (for the output) connect them to your speakers using whatever speaker cable you choose. The passives are pretty easy to set up and get going.

Good luck

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)