in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2009 3:53 AM by Peter. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2009 11:13 AM

B&O sales staff

Just thought i'd start this thread as a response to the many I see that are complaining about B&O products and the new products that will be coming onto the market.

It is not, by any means, an easy time in the retail industry at ther moment. Everyday we hear, "recession, credit crunch, job losses, pay freezes, store closures" from the Media industry, who have not helped one bit in getting us out of this predicament!

Please spare a thought for all those B&O sales staff (me included), who turn up to work everyday, who love the product and all it stands for, love the sound, picture, home integration, "one remote does all", only to hear from 99% of the people who walk through our door that we're "too expensive"! It is very demoralising for us/me!

It also hurts when we read on these forums (yes B&O staff read them too!) how much many people don;t like a particular product before they've even seen it! I haven;t even seen a BeoTime yet, so I cannot judge on what it does, sounds like, feels! But by God, it sounds as though most of you have one in your home already! BeoSound 5 is a fantastic product and there is much more to come from this yet!

Please spare a thought for us poor lowly sales staff, we're just trying to earn a living out of what is a fantastic brand, after-all.

We don;t have any input into how any of our products are designed but we still have to sell them for our little bit of commission.

• 07-24-2009 12:00 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O sales staff

bandoboy:

It also hurts when we read on these forums (yes B&O staff read them too!) how much many people don;t like a particular product before they've even seen it.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this. The majority of these comments come from users - like me - who own these problematic products. If you think the Beosound 5 is a 'fantastic' product, that's just an objective opinion. Many others, including people who own it, think it's flawed. More from a software perspective, than a design/hardware viewpoint.

If B&O bothered to interact with us customers, we wouldn't have to discuss these issues with the B&O sales staff. Sadly it's the way B&O is now setup - they want us to deal directly with the store and the staff.

Do I ask you to feel sorry for me? :)

• 07-24-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

BUT When I buy a product that 23,000 euro must Funktion CORRECT.

1 YEAR NOW I bought BEOVISION 9 and I changed BEOVISION 5, but unfortunately I had and I still have ONLY PROBLEM.

1. Screen was changed AFTER 3 MONTHS
    2.SOFTVER was changed Since TV Close
    3.HDR 2 ANALOG AND THE IMAGE IS Terrible When using the digital TV and HDTV (analog Why NOT  HDTVTUNER ????)
    4.HDMI is 1.1 and may not work correctly with PS3 OR OTHER DIGITAL PRODUCTS.
    5.BEOMEDIA 1 not worked properly at the outset
    PS. Even in this time NOT working as it should
    6.BEO 5 you must copy the SOFTWARE ILLEGALLY.
    ALL THIS AND A SMALL PRICE ..........

NOW understand why In the last 2 years are a little upset WITH PRODUCTS THAT WERE put on the market ...?????

I have a great respect for employees in the store they do not have nothing to do with it.
    Excuse M ENGLISH .Not writing very often.

WITH RESPECT CLAUDIU
  • 07-24-2009 12:43 PM In reply to

I am delighted to hear that more B&O employees and sales staff are reading Beoworld.  I would hope you are able to convey input to management that some products need extra attention.

I have a Beosound 5 and really like it but there are lingering problems especially for Mac users.  I use my Beosound 5 more than my Beocenter 2 mostly because of the internet radio and to a lesser extent for playing ripped CDs.  However if I had to do it all over, I would not have bought the Beosound 5 until a few problems are resolved.  Beosound 5 does not properly sort multiple CD albums.  I no longer rip multiple CD albums.  To my amazement, it is apparent B&O did not check the market for this product properly and therefore did not know there would be a lot of Mac users.  As a proficient Mac user, Beosound 5 is a pain to use.  I have an iTunes library of over 500 CDs ripped in Apple Lossless format which of course will not play on Beosound 5.  I have converted many of the files to 320 AAC and it works.  Thinking that maybe I should rip CDs to Beosound 5 using Windows lossless to get higher quality, I loaded Windows XP using VM Fusion on my Mac.  What a pain to use?  It requires time and diligence to use.  The user manual for Beosound 5 is terrible!  I could go on.

I am sympathetic to anyone's economic plight, but as a customer I need some sympathy too.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-24-2009 1:49 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

@linder: 
    I had the same sorting problem on my Beosound 5. There's a simple trick: Every CD you rip (or file you edit) must(!) be tagged as a compilation CD!
    As you're using a Mac, too it shouldn't be a problem as it is only one small checkbox in iTunes.

I've installed Windows XP Pro and the Windows Media Player 11, too for ripping in WMA losless (which is a professional high quality format). It's a shame that this codec is not available on the Mac as I could easy convert my WAV-files to WMA-losless. But now I have to re-rip my CDs with Windows Media Player.

The overall quality of the B&O products seem to cease, especialy in terms of software quality and reliability. I had 2 weeks of fun with my Beosound 5 and since then it started to go wild ... now I contacted my dealer to find a solution or replace it.

Hopefully in Denmark they learn that their stuff should be "Made in Denmark" (yes, I insist on this) like the older Avant etc. This where the real "wow" products that impress due to their quality etc.
    Outsourcing to China or Czech etc. is only a sign that B&O want to get greedy and this is the absolutely wrong way! 

@bandoboy:
    I can imagine how you feel because I thought the same about B&O before having the first live contact with their products and good sale staff!
    I thought it was just an expensive design toy, not worth the money. Then I saw that most of their products seem to be made in their home country which is very positive and I touched, watched and listened to their products.
    My first love was a Beosound 3000 with Beolab 6000 and the Beo 4. I was impressed  by the sound of such small speakers, I love the sliding real glass doors (no plastic) and when touching the Beo 4 remote I thought to myself "Oh, I can defense myself with this thing!".
    In short: I loved it.
    What realy helped me was the very polite B&O sale person in my favorite B&O store. He was not conceited  or condescending like I experienced  it in other stores (and btw I can't understand such behaviour as the sales person couldn't see if your bank account counts 100.000 or 1000.000.000 Euro).  I had problems (currently the Beosound 5) with my B&O equipment and if the sales person wasn't that attentive and helpful, I think I would have thrown some of the equipment through the closed windows Big Smile
    I buy "gadgets" for playing and have fun and I buy B&O to simply use and enjoy it. And for the B&O price I insist on full and correct functionality and not an overpriced Made in China peace like a famous american company ... ;-)

I know that you guys sometimes must have a hard job but I think it is worth it if you can see the smiling faces of customers like me when they leave your store in a very good mood with a new "toy" Smile 

• 07-24-2009 2:03 PM In reply to

TWG:

@linder: 
    I had the same sorting problem on my Beosound 5. There's a simple trick: Every CD you rip (or file you edit) must(!) be tagged as a compilation CD!
    As you're using a Mac, too it shouldn't be a problem as it is only one small checkbox in iTunes.

I've installed Windows XP Pro and the Windows Media Player 11, too for ripping in WMA losless (which is a professional high quality format). It's a shame that this codec is not available on the Mac as I could easy convert my WAV-files to WMA-losless. But now I have to re-rip my CDs with Windows Media Player.

TWG,  Thanks for the tip.

I have been thinking about returning my Beosound 5 to the dealer also but will probably keep it.  This experience will definitely influence my future purchase decisions for B&O products.

• 07-24-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Dear bandoboy,

I might sound a bit harsh, but … stop moaning – for your own good. There is no one to help you, least so the media industry, but yourself (and the BeoWorld, of course! Big Smile)

That something is “too expensive” and never “perfect” is/should be a standard input from ANY buyer in general, recession or no recession… And there are much tougher “sales situation” than yours: usually they range between two extremes where on the one hand you don’t sell unless you bribe the buyer, and on the other hand when even a bribe will not help as no one wants the product… How about that? There are also products that practically sell themselves (for some time), of course, but most stable/established companies with their product portfolios are on a daily basis somewhere in between, in a relative “comfort” zone, ie to make a legitimate very hard effort to actually sell and make profit is needed.

Regarding the customers, it seems to me that you are a bit scared of them, perhaps? Don’t worry, they are just people as you and me. Some buyers could present to you a detailed analysis as to why your price is too high (and as they are - per definition – informed and some very clever in addition, they will usually get you to accept a price that is, well, acceptable for both of you), others will feel just great being entirely “in your hands”, yet others will be just tire-kickers etc. – all of the above combined with the usual and unusual human characters. (You have surely noticed the diversity of views – wrongly or rightly from bashing to praise - here on BeoWorld.) You can’t change this/them and the only thing you can do is to try and understand better who is who and what they want.

There is no need to get demoralized: Learn continuously about the company and the people who make the products you sell, and (not least) about the customers as much as you can. This combined with your love (though I would  prefer to use passion instead) for what you sell should keep you ahead of the game with such products as B&O’s. Luckily, you might realize that what’s in it for you is enough – and I don’t mean strictly money.

Head up and happy expanding your customers portfolio (in several dimensions) – because that’s the key! Information is crucial but it needs to be handled with care … er, BeoCare

Big Smile

• 07-24-2009 9:22 PM In reply to

Bandoboy,

Don't expect any sympathy from this lot! Asking a BeoWorlder to say something nice about a Bang & Olufsen product built after 1990 is a fools errand!

Seriously though, I'm a store owner and if I heard you moping about like this I'd tell you to man the eff up. We're a world class luxury goods manufacturer that builds some of the most desirable and satisfying products in the entire world and if comments from a few sour pusses are getting to you then crawl back into the womb. Not being able to sell Bang & Olufsen is like not being able to sell ice cream! Sure it's expensive, but for our demographic (which is woefully underrepresented on this site) we are literally the only solution there is. Period.

Look for Affineur's posts. He is probably the only poster that represents our clientele's thinking and lifestyle and his perspective is truly valuable for anyone who wants insight into who is really out there buying Bang & Olufsen and why. There is simply nothing else as well built, emotionally vibrant, and elegantly operated as our equipment.

From your post it sounds like you're in one of the more geographically precarious Bang & Olufsens here on the East Coast. While I understand that it can seem like a cruel parade of nitwits balking at price tags, that's more your perception than objective reality and likely (at least partially) a result of your demeanor. Americans are not predisposed to luxury, but aren't totally baffled by it when presented enthusiastically and confidently. Luxury by its nature is about going beyond adequate to appeal to a very personal and irrational need. The feeling of a Wustof in your hand, the way a Borelli shirt feels when its sewn just for you, or the way an Ellsworth Kelly looks hanging in your living room simply don't have objective value propositions. They are luxuries and no $20 knife, $50 shirt, or $90 framed print from the MoMA can come anywhere near the real thing.

If you can represent our brand and our values as the best of us do, the curmudgeons and crybabies in life and online will seem far less daunting. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-24-2009 10:31 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Bandoboy,

Don't expect any sympathy from this lot! Asking a BeoWorlder to say something nice about a Bang & Olufsen product built after 1990 is a fools errand!

Seriously though, I'm a store owner and if I heard you moping about like this I'd tell you to man the eff up. We're a world class luxury goods manufacturer that builds some of the most desirable and satisfying products in the entire world and if comments from a few sour pusses are getting to you then crawl back into the womb. Not being able to sell Bang & Olufsen is like not being able to sell ice cream! Sure it's expensive, but for our demographic (which is woefully underrepresented on this site) we are literally the only solution there is. Period.

Look for Affineur's posts. He is probably the only poster that represents our clientele's thinking and lifestyle and his perspective is truly valuable for anyone who wants insight into who is really out there buying Bang & Olufsen and why. There is simply nothing else as well built, emotionally vibrant, and elegantly operated as our equipment.

From your post it sounds like you're in one of the more geographically precarious Bang & Olufsens here on the East Coast. While I understand that it can seem like a cruel parade of nitwits balking at price tags, that's more your perception than objective reality and likely (at least partially) a result of your demeanor. Americans are not predisposed to luxury, but aren't totally baffled by it when presented enthusiastically and confidently. Luxury by its nature is about going beyond adequate to appeal to a very personal and irrational need. The feeling of a Wustof in your hand, the way a Borelli shirt feels when its sewn just for you, or the way an Ellsworth Kelly looks hanging in your living room simply don't have objective value propositions. They are luxuries and no $20 knife, $50 shirt, or $90 framed print from the MoMA can come anywhere near the real thing.

If you can represent our brand and our values as the best of us do, the curmudgeons and crybabies in life and online will seem far less daunting. 

You are kidding?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-24-2009 10:45 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

Bandoboy,

Stunned silence.

How to win friends & influence people isn't your favourite saying then Trip? Maybe try looking a little closer to home as to why B&O is recently failing.

Maybe B&O should move into Ostrich farming, I've heard there's good money to be made and they're famous for burying their heads in the sand - a match made in heaven?

Don't get me wrong though, I really want B&O to succeed but at least 90% the current range of products are absolute pants and I wouldn't have them near me. There's a perfectly good reason why most Beoworlders seem to prefer the pre 1990's stuff - IT WORKS as it should!! Don't even bother using the build quality argument on me, if I bought a Rolls Royce I would expect the same quality but with a Rolls Royce engine under the bonnet & not something nicked from a Skoda and here is where B&O's current problems well & truly lie.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-24-2009 10:50 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

Bandoboy,

I hope you're being hyperbolic. There's a subtle difference between being enthusiastic about your brand, and being elitist.

bandoboy,

Sell the lifestyle, sell the fact that if you buy one B&O product, you're going to want more, because they work well together. Be honest, say that B&O listen to their customers (somewhat true of late, and hopefully getting better). Sell the speakers, the best of B&O IMHO. Just listen ("the customer is always right" but they may not always understandthe whole story). Tell them the story of B&O, show them the book with the black and white photos. Show them the photo of the factory workers getting together to rebuild a bombed factory after WWII. Sell the history. Realize that the customer has a point when they say that the products are too expensive. THen sit them down and have them listen to the Beolab 5's move them down to the 9s, then the 3's, and say you can have this, and save up for the 5's, and they'll all work together.

The fanboys (here and in real life) will be fanboys, highly critical, yes, but the first to extol B&O's virtues when warranted. (we wouldn't be so critical if we didn't care) We are the power users, so you have to realize you'll be getting a bit of a hard-nosed attitude from us. The recession is tough on all everyone.

Here's an article in the Wall Street Journal about selling a luxury brand in the recession (watches are a different animal I know, but a good read nonetheless), and since you're in sales, right up your alley: http://sbk.online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203517304574304322707126380.html

Let us know what you think

Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 07-24-2009 11:26 PM In reply to

If I came off as elitist it was certainly not my intention, but I thought it prudent to council an evidently green salesmen in the realities of presenting an exotic luxury brand in a culture that does not have the same built-in appreciation for luxury or design that many European cultures do. Not to say there aren't ample exceptions to the rule, but I've been where this gentleman is and it's a tricky needle to thread when someone asks you "what's so great about this TV?" and you realize that answering the question feels more like explaining why you prefer John Singer Sargent to Jeff Koons than comparing feature sets in widgets; and then also realize that the person asking the question isn't prepared to discuss a TV set the way he'd discuss a movie he watches on it.

It was really my intent to explain that the only sure fire way to succeed at his chosen profession is to engage people with the respect you'd accord to your oldest and best customers. It's often surprising just how much more fulfilling your day becomes when you start to assume that your customers will like what you're selling and will be impressed with the products and concepts rather than assuming that at best that they won't see past the price tag and at worst won't have the sophistication to appreciate it. You don't have to be able to afford one to really love an Aston Martin and the same certainly goes for B&O. 

Of course the old saying still stands: You can't please everybody!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-24-2009 11:36 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

If I came off as elitist it was certainly not my intention, but I thought it prudent to council an evidently green salesmen in the realities of presenting an exotic luxury brand in a culture that does not have the same built-in appreciation for luxury or design that many European cultures do. Not to say there aren't ample exceptions to the rule, but I've been where this gentleman is and it's a tricky needle to thread when someone asks you "what's so great about this TV?" and you realize that answering the question feels more like explaining why you prefer John Singer Sargent to Jeff Koons than comparing feature sets in widgets; and then also realize that the person asking the question isn't prepared to discuss a TV set the way he'd discuss a movie he watches on it.

It was really my intent to explain that the only sure fire way to succeed at his chosen profession is to engage people with the respect you'd accord to your oldest and best customers. It's often surprising just how much more fulfilling your day becomes when you start to assume that your customers will like what you're selling and will be impressed with the products and concepts rather than assuming that at best that they won't see past the price tag and at worst won't have the sophistication to appreciate it. You don't have to be able to afford one to really love an Aston Martin and the same certainly goes for B&O. 

Of course the old saying still stands: You can't please everybody!

Specifically:

TripEnglish:
    I thought it prudent to council an evidently green salesmen in the realities of presenting an exotic luxury brand in a culture that does not have the same built-in appreciation for luxury or design that many European cultures do.

...and from your previous post:

TripEnglish:
    From your post it sounds like you're in one of the more geographically precarious Bang & Olufsens here on the East Coast. While I understand that it can seem like a cruel parade of nitwits balking at price tags, that's more your perception than objective reality and likely (at least partially) a result of your demeanor. Americans are not predisposed to luxury, but aren't totally baffled by it when presented enthusiastically and confidently.

You are aware that the poor lad is from the UK?...or were you insulting them as well? Erm

Good grief...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-25-2009 12:37 AM In reply to

Maybe he is from the east coast of England.  Beoworld can be really entertaining!

• 07-25-2009 1:20 AM In reply to

trip reminds me of the bad old days of the apple store staff c 1987-1992 , where they thought they were doing you a favour by even acknowledging your existence and selling you overpriced under-performing pretty boxes

thank g-d steve came back in 97 and rescued apple from it's own arrogant indifference , something bno seem to be suffering from now

that's what bno needs know - a shining knight with his feet on the ground and not up his b@ckside

popgear is grate™

• 07-25-2009 3:54 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

.......if I heard you moping about like this I'd tell you to man the eff up. We're a world class luxury goods manufacturer that builds some of the most desirable and satisfying products in the entire world and if comments from a few sour pusses are getting to you then crawl back into the womb.

I see you've attended all the management & motivation courses!!!

• 07-25-2009 4:20 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

Look for Affineur's posts. He is probably the only poster that represents our clientele's thinking...

And I thought American's couldn't do irony? :)

Trip. Seriously.

• 07-25-2009 4:37 AM In reply to

Not entirely convinced that B&O's future lies with developers and interior decorators, as well as with AV-installers. Members of the segment Trip is so enamoured of rarely make their own buying decisions, usually can't be bothered with something as lowly as a trip to the store, and don't really have the time to wait while an obsequious dealer mucks about with the Beo5 programming in their living room.

I'd think that recruiting new customers to the brand would be a good idea, and that probably means having to spend a little time talking to "the common people", Trip, not just hanging around for the easy pluck.

But - as I've even voiced where it matters - B&O has two possible paths: either support their dealer footprint with excellent products and service; or become a specialist installer to the ultrarich with no need of a dealer footprint. I take it that Trip has made up his mind as to where to go.
    This reminds me of the (place withheld to protect the guilty) dealer who chased a rich customer out of his store because his overcoat wasn't "sufficiently clean." The same dealer insulted a world famous concert pianist with the kind of snotty attitude that is guaranteed to turn off anyone with money.

• 07-25-2009 4:42 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

What happened to the policy(CUSTOMERS ALWAYS RIGHT)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Devil

• 07-25-2009 4:55 AM In reply to

linder:

Maybe he is from the east coast of England.  Beoworld can be really entertaining!

bandoboy=UK / Tripe=USA

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-25-2009 5:49 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I've had several attempts at writing something appropriate here and failed - there's some truly unbelieveable stuff posted in this thread. If I were in Struer I would cry after reading it.

I'll leave it at that.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-25-2009 6:49 AM In reply to

I find most B&O salesmen fine. The problem has always been getting people in the shop though. These days with the B1 stores, one can no longer have any reason to go in except to buy B&O. In my youth, Windows, my much lamented ex dealer, sold records and musical instruments and other makes. This allowed a little browsing. I am sure it also allowed them to ride recessions rather better.

The loss of the franchise meant that B&O in Newcastle lost a huge amount of knowledge of the brand. I now know more about the history than any of the staff of an average dealer which is a shame. There are a few good exceptions to this - Denis Carr in London, Rex Radio and Kings Street in Manchester all spring to mind. These are dealers I think are well worth patronising, even from afar.

• 07-25-2009 7:23 AM In reply to

Yesterday I had a nice dealership experience, in another category.

A few weeks ago I came across a Carl Gustaf rifle, in NOS condition, with four barrels - these are based upon the Sauer system.
    First I got in touch with Sauer Waffen in Germany. Sent them an e-mail in the evening, containing the number of the gun, asking in what barrel configuration it had first been delivered, and whether the barrels I had were Sauer originals or the ones drilled in Sweden.

Told a friend that I was certain I would get an answer before noon the next day. It's just my experience with German companies - prompt and precise. Sure enough, I had a response the next morning, before 10. Gave me all the detail about the gun and the Carl Gustaf specific mod's.

I bought the gun, and yesterday I took it to a specialist store way outside town, where I know they are particularly knowledgeable about Sauer arms. It's just before hunting season opens, and I know gunsmiths everywhere are really busy getting guns already bought and paid for ready, but I wanted to have their gunsmith check the gun before I use it. I was prepared to leave the gun until they had time to give it a look.

When they saw the gun it created immediate interest. It's not that they are particularly rare, but they do shoot well and seeing one in as new condition, given that it was made decades ago, was quite special to them. I explained my business, and the dealer said he'd take it to the gunsmith right away. I was expecting him to return with a receipt, but instead he said that it wouldn't take long, he was stripping the gun now.

Meanwhile I looked around. Had a few things on my shopping list, got some ammo, as well as new snap-on clips for the strap (instead of trusting the old ones), bought a torque adjustable wrench to get the precise torque when changing barrels, and had a look at their optics. I knew I'd need a scope, but wanted to wait until I'd tried the old one. Asked about the scopes available, and the dealer showed me one that he was certain would be perfect for the gun. I said that I'd keep it in mind as I checked around for the best scope, as I had a brand in mind that they didn't carry.

The gunsmith came out with the gun, a big smile on his face, wanted to congratulate me with a real find, and stated the gun was in perfect condition. He suggested that I take it to the range and give it a try, but wanted me to show him how well it fit me. Which it does to an extreme degree, you'd think the stock was made for yours truly.
    "You and that gun are made for each other," he said. "Just come straight through next time you're here."

When I was paying, the dealer took the snap-on clips aside and said that he wouldn't charge for those, and he gave me a nice deal on the torque wrench.
    "Why don't you add the scope with the proper mount to that bill," I said.
    I knew that I had found the place where I will be doing all my shopping as far as guns and ammo are concerned.
    A place that takes pride in the heritage of the products it represents. With staff who become enthusiastic when another enthusiast shows up with something that shows he cares about what they care about. And who will go out of their way to ensure that the customer, even someone they've never seen before and who turns up when they're in their busiest period of the year, feels at home.

• 07-25-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

Puncher:

I've had several attempts at writing something appropriate here and failed - there's some truly unbelieveable stuff posted in this thread. If I were in Struer I would cry after reading it.

I'll leave it at that.

Echos my sentiments exactly!

and I'm not usually speechless.

Regards Graham

• 07-25-2009 7:44 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Peter :
    These days with the B1 stores, one can no longer have any reason to go in except to buy B&O. In my youth, Windows, my much lamented ex dealer, sold records and musical instruments and other makes. This allowed a little browsing

Peter!  Are you telling me that the Beolounge is not a real placeSurprise...   A happy place...  With flowery meadows and rainbow skies...  Rivers made of chocolate where the children laugh and dance and play with gumdrop smiles.

I just assumed all the B&O stores where like that across Europe and the UKBig Smile

Seriously however, I've always envisioned Lifestyle AV to be more along the lines, atleast in spirit, of what Peter was lamenting.  It takes passion, interest and enthusiasm.  I suspect this was what Trip was attempting to communicate in his "suck it up" speech.  

I've always hoped to visit Lifestyle when I'm in the UK and have a hunch Lee's built in quite a bit of that kind of enthusiasm and easygoing helpfullness.

I must be very fortunate as I have a very close relationship with my local store and the people there.  I can certainly relate to Soundproof in the level of service I usually get from them.

-Michael

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >