in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2009 12:06 PM by Michael. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-22-2009 9:11 AM

App for that?

Any B&O apps on the iphone yet? Must be coming if not, no?

• 07-22-2009 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: App for that?

Not quite following this...

Do you mean like BeoPlayer? or do you mean a utility like Configuration Guide?

I doubt we would see anything at all, most especially from B&o themselves...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-22-2009 10:09 AM In reply to

apps for the iphony ? why would that be ? B&O has the serene and serenata as a cell phone !

or do you mean the iphone should be able to replicate with the beocom2 or beocom6000 adressbook at home ?

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 07-22-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

sure, couldn't a programmer make a 'virtual beo5' for the iphone and have it work as a remote? or something along those lines? I would think that would be a popular app and make a lot of money for the programmers... How much would you pay for a nice B&O app? I would pay quite a bit if it was a good one! Stay tuned, I bet one will be out before year end.

• 07-22-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

adammackillop:
    sure, couldn't a programmer make a 'virtual beo5' for the iphone and have it work as a remote?

Well, it doesn't exactly work like a typical remote (unless dealing perhaps with iRed/IRTrans or similar???).

I suppose this would be more of a "skinning" of existing remote apps that run via a network.

++++EDIT++++

Looks like iRed has indeed already done it... 

They have some sort of skinning via digital photo of your remote.

I guess the question is: why not just buy a Beo5 at this point? I am Apple-crazy, but that is what I would do...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-22-2009 11:24 AM In reply to

Burantek,

I do have a couple of Beo5- and I love the idea but have had lot of programming problems (and blame Time/Warner for some of them)... thanks for the other link, I'll check it out.

Best,

Adam.

• 07-22-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

bno can't even write decent software for their own products let alone apple's

popgear is grate™

• 07-22-2009 11:35 AM In reply to

adammackillop:
    I do have a couple of Beo5- and I love the idea but have had lot of programming problems

OK. Well, now I see where you are coming from...

If you are looking for a bolt-simple programmable remote control(s), I can't recommend Logitech Harmonies high enough!

On the other hand, you might want to take a hard look at that link above. I believe there are maybe a couple of iRed users on here that could shine more light.

Of course, you could click on the Beo5 programming link below, and have them properly sorted out!

P.S. As a fellow TWC customer, I am curious as to what issues you might be having? I have programmed my Logitechs to handle DVR and HDDVR Scientific Atlanta boxes from them.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-22-2009 11:50 AM In reply to

Thanks Burantek,

The problems I have currently are with the "A" "B" "C" keys... they are programmed but not working thus far (after being worked on twice by the pros at B&O)... Nothing huge, just annoying. I'm really trying to get down to one remote, pretty close with the Beo5.

Best,

Adam.

• 07-22-2009 2:41 PM In reply to

Not an app, but save this photo to your iphone camera roll and set as wallpaper. Big Smile I agree, i would love some type of B&O app but i cant see it happening (hope im wrong).

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-22-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

Thinking about it what about a simple B&O clock app, say with the Beotime wall clock face and alarm with B&O sounds (like beocom sounds or something). You could then change to a picture of a new Beotime clock showing the time on the iphone screen or even the picture of a system like the BS9000 with time showing. Mmmmm........

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-24-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

The ML Gateway has a web interface you can pull up on your iPhone that gives you light control of your B&O products as well as a number of other non-B&O home automation products that can be controlled either via network connection or RS-232.

I'm learning the ins and outs of this product as we speak but so far I have to say the potential it has to really automate and simplify your life is pretty stellar!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 07-24-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Alex:
    The ML Gateway has a web interface

That's intriguing and something I was not aware of.  I talked briefly with my dealer yesterday about Masterlink Gateway and am keeping it in mind for the near future.  I think that an iPhone app would only make sense in the context of an ML Gateway type installation as the backbone.  Are there any resources out there for the ML Gateway yet?  Software,guide etc?

-Michael

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)