in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-27-2009 3:17 AM by beologisch. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2009 1:32 PM In reply to

• Movie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Re: I hate my Beo 5!

Agree about standby button, I have same problem.

• 07-23-2009 2:26 PM In reply to

I LOVE MY BEO4 Wink

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 07-24-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

bsantini:

Lot's of good points in favor of the Beo 5.

But...I still can't program it myself for "everything" I want, and this means a no go.

Plus, I *can* operate my Beo 4 - IN THE DARK - without looking at it.

The tactile sensation of the button's "clicking" is quite re-assuring and satisfying.

I doubt one could say the same for the Beo 5.

My wish list: The ability to make a PUC controller for my BS3/BV9, so I could add products easily.

FWIW

Barry

the first "point" has a simple solution; just figure out what you want and houw you want it on the beo5 and let the deaaler do it for you.

the second one : I can operate everything on the beo5 by looking on/at it in the dark without the need to "remember" the placement of all the beo4 buttons.

the third point is correct; there's no point because like the beo4, the beo5 has a re-assuring feel click on/behind the display.

my hand is a big ons so no problems with the standby button here while clicking away on the display.

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 07-24-2009 6:06 AM In reply to

torn between two lovers (he, that's a song..;-) I really like them both for they both have their strong and weak points.

so I use them both !!!   :-)

• 07-24-2009 6:16 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

beologisch:

torn between two lovers (he, that's a song..;-) I really like them both for they both have their strong and weak points.

so I use them both !!!   :-)

But in reality, shouldn't a newer 'more advanced' & more expensive product replace a previous remote and not accompany it!

• 07-24-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Indeed, in reality many man (and women, too) replace the older model with a new and usually more expensive one, though in some cases the initially perceived benefit of such a change eventually turns out to be questionable, sometimes!

Beologish seems to be a real connoisseur - of good heart in addition: seeing benefits of both the older and the newer model he exploits freely their combined benefits - as opposed to simply replacing the former with the latter in cold blood.

I find his comparison rather fitting, however, remotes are (fortunately) not lovers, and lovers are (some might say unfortunately) not remotes, and I’m tempted to wonder how he practically copes with that … I mean, now we know about his remotes.

Big Smile

• 07-27-2009 3:12 AM In reply to

I don't know if a new model "should" completely replace the old one for I've used the BL1000 and the Beo4 together for some time in the beginning and they to have their own specific strengths, but while replacing/renewing the equipment over the years the BL1000 disappeared outof view/use somehow ;-)

I guess it will be the same with the replacement of the beo4 by the beo5, getting used to it and really using it :-)

I'm also curious wether the Beotime will be a usefull remote in our bedroom   ;-)

• 07-27-2009 3:17 AM In reply to

saf:

Indeed, in reality many man (and women, too) replace the older model with a new and usually more expensive one, though in some cases the initially perceived benefit of such a change eventually turns out to be questionable, sometimes!

Beologish seems to be a real connoisseur - of good heart in addition: seeing benefits of both the older and the newer model he exploits freely their combined benefits - as opposed to simply replacing the former with the latter in cold blood.

I find his comparison rather fitting, however, remotes are (fortunately) not lovers, and lovers are (some might say unfortunately) not remotes, and I’m tempted to wonder how he practically copes with that … I mean, now we know about his remotes.

Big Smile

I know my wife won't be happy with a second/former wife in the house [neither would I] but two remotes are no problem at all ;-)

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2