in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2009 2:45 AM by Selina. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2009 6:53 PM

• Selina
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Problem with Beolab2 / AUX input

Hallo. I have the following problem with my Beosound 9000 and Beolab2:  When I listen CDs everything works just fine (all speakers work). But when I connect my iPod / PC via AUX (cable bought from B&O) only right speaker works. What could be the problem? Thank a lot for any advice.

• 07-19-2009 11:16 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Problem with Beolab2 / AUX input

Check the following:

1)  Is the cable pushed in all the way into the iPod?  If it's not pushed in all the way, you will only get one channel

2)  Is the AUX connector correctly aligned with the BS9000's AUX port?  You're not supposed to able to connect them except as designed, but I have a cable (from B&O) that doesn't have the little nub that guarantees that you can only insert it with the correct orientation.  You may have the L input connected to pin expecting the R input (and the R input connected to an unused pin).  You could test this if an iPod has "balance" controls:  try setting the balance all the way to L and see if there is any sound.  If there is sound, then the iPod's left channel is connected to the BS's right input.  Try rotating the plug a little (clockwise, I think) and reconnecting.  I sure wish it was easier to get to the BS9000's ports!

3) If you're using 2 cables (DIN to RCA, RCA to mini-jack), make sure all the connections are fully seated.

Stan

• 07-20-2009 4:56 AM In reply to

• Selina
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi, Stan. Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, I couldn’t solve the problem. I do use the B&O cable with the little nub, so actually there is only one way to connect it correctly. Nevertheless, I did try to connect it rotating a bit, result -  I got sound on all 5 speakers!!! but with a horrible humming noise. Maybe instead of 5 pin DIN cable I should use 7 pin? Or just buy a new 5 pin DIN...For any other suggestions will be very thankful.

• 07-20-2009 5:49 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You just need pin 2 (ground) and pin 3-5 (left-right). So no need for a 7 pin cable. More info:http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mclconn3.htm

Maybe this one is a solution: http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-ipod.htm

Stefan

• 07-20-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

This sounds like you have the wrong cable.  I will second the suggestion to try Steve at Sounds Heavenly.  I have a couple of his PowerLink to RCA cables, and they work great.  For whatever reason, it has been my experience that B&O dealers are challenged with accessory cables (mine gave me the wrong cable for a different application - using the PC input port on a BeoLink active - and had similar results - one channel or bad humming).

Stan

• 07-21-2009 2:45 AM In reply to

• Selina
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks a lot, guys. I bought the recommended cable by Sounds Heavenly, waiting for delivery.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)