in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2009 5:12 AM by jelvers. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2009 6:26 PM

Advice on BV 7.40 wall mount with B&O motor wall stand

Hi,

I am considering the BV 7.40 and am interested in those who went with the B+O motor wall stand.

I saw the other threads on some having chosen the STD wall brackets.

Does anyone have the B+O bracket ? How hard was it to install (luckily I am planning to

use an external wall, with dabbed plasterboard in front - so i am hoping this is straightforward).

Are you happy with the end result ?

I am planning on BV 7.40 with 7.1, and BeoSound 3s as front speakers either side.

Keen to hear on how happy people are with the bracket, how difficult to install, and how high you think is the

maximum to install such as new configuration. My problem is i need to install over a radiator, but i just decided to invest

in a radiator cover which will hopefully direct the heat outwards vs upwards.

• 07-20-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: Advice on BV 7.40 wall mount with B&O motor wall stand

I have the B&O bracket - and are very happy with it.

The guy from the B&O store installed it, it seemed quite simple - didn't take him many minutes. (4 big skrews into the wall, mount the bracket, mount the speaker onto the bracket and then hang the TV on the bracket).

I use it a lot. Tilt down when the kids a sitting on the floor watching cartoons. Tilt up when having parties and dansing to music videos. Turning it when sitting in the armchair and not the sofa.

If you have a Beo5 you just program and name different positions.

Not sure about the placement over the radiator, you have to ask at your dealer. But I would guess that direct sunlight is more harmfull than heat from the radiator.

I have the 7.4 speaker hanging under and that is about 15 centimeters above the floor. If you like i can messure the hight to the bottom edge of the TV when I get home? The screen is about the same hight at the bottom edge as an Avant. I was careful not to hang it too high, as you can just tilt it.

Let me know if you need more input.

/MikaelB

• 07-21-2009 5:46 PM In reply to

Hi, I appreciate the feedback. I will go for it - thanks!

• 07-26-2009 5:38 PM In reply to

OK after much discussion with an installer, we have decided against the motor wall mount in favour of one that is closer/flatter to the wall - given the limited angle of movement. Interesting question - where exactly is any decent information on the motor wall mount eg angle of movement ? If you look at the STD backets site, they have great information but there is next to none i can find on the motor wall mount.

Has anyone gone for any of the folding arms on their 7-40 ? Any comments after some decent usage - did it work out as planned - happier or more disappointed with it ? Trying to decide whether to just mount flat against wall or on an arm, and if on an arm, how useful really is that arm ?

Thanks

• 07-27-2009 2:42 AM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

The original B&O motorized bracket, puts the TV at some distance from the wall.

In our case that is on problem, as the livingroom is quite big.

As to how much it turns. It turnes all the way in to the wall on each side, so much that there have been programmed stops. So the TV does not hit the wall when turning it.

It works for us, but it is quite expensive and not very close to the wall.

/MikaelB

• 08-15-2009 5:12 AM In reply to

From B&O query:

One of our technicians has now had a look at this matter.

Actually the tilting angels are the same whether it is for Wall Bracket type 4395 or 4395. The angles are as follows:

Turning angle: +/- 20 degrees with a tolerance of +/- 1 degree
    Tilt angle: + 9 degrees to - 6 degrees - measured with vertical pos. as reference

The angles would be the same whether you use BeoLab 7-1 or BeoLab 7-2

Kind regards
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)