in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2009 11:21 AM by Medogsfat. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2009 2:11 PM

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Ebay warning for sellers

I have been whamied again with neg feedback from an Italian trader called paolo2194g also uses pussycowgirl amongst other names. I know he buys a lot of stock over here so I think it only right to warn  fellow sellers/buyers of his ungentlemanly conduct andd underhand ways.

I will not go into the ins and outs of the transaction only to say he is totally out of order, probably has been a few other times but I have always let it go. On this occasion it is one step too far, so be aware please.

Jonnie

• 07-19-2009 2:30 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Ebay warning for sellers

Yep - he's on my blocked bidders list.

He bought a Beolink 1000 from me & claimed it never arrived (which may well be true). I refunded him fully including postage & he still left me negative feedback.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-19-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

He is unbelieveable Chris, some of the stunts he has pulled beggar belief.

Lessons are often harshly learnt, on this occasion it was anyway!!

• 07-19-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

I had the same problem, sold him a beosound 9000 which he arranged to be collected, hear nothing for a month then he claims through paypal that he never received it and tries to claim all of the money back, then he tells me he took it to a dealer in Italy who told him it was stolen and now it has been confiscated it, after a lot of emails and a few calls now its not stolen just broken and he wants £300 to close the paypal case.

Would never do business with him again and I suggest everyone adds him to their blocked bidders list on ebay, this guy has no shame and will try anything.

• 07-20-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

Whilst I support your right to post warnings of objectionable conduct, Peter made it crystal clear when I did the same (regarding a frequent Beoworld trader no less) that grievances and disputes are NOT to be posted on the group. In the interests of fair play, consistency and impartiality, no doubt this thread will shortly be erased - just as the other one was!
  • 07-20-2009 4:29 PM In reply to

I certainly hope that it is NOT erased. A post discussing a scamming eBayer is a bit different to a spat between Beoworlders.

The eBayer in question has been on my banned bidders list for some time and the fact that he has been the subject of this post is to be commended. The more people know about this particular eBayer, the better for all of us even if it only forces a name change!!

Regards Graham

• 07-20-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Here here Graham. I feel it would have been remiss of me not to post this thread. It is not a personal dig at all, I am merely warning of the possibility that you may come unstuck by dealing with him. This now seems clear,  looking at the replies in only 24 hours, that it needed to be brought into view for everyone.

Jonnie

• 07-20-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

This post is merely meant as a friendly warning to fellow Beoworlders. I would rather say something than see anyone be caused any unnecessary stress or loss  

• 07-22-2009 2:54 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Ilikehifi:
    Whilst I support your right to post warnings of objectionable conduct, Peter made it crystal clear when I did the same (regarding a frequent Beoworld trader no less) that grievances and disputes are NOT to be posted on the group. In the interests of fair play, consistency and impartiality, no doubt this thread will shortly be erased - just as the other one was!

In fairness (if I am correct in thinking of the thread you are alluding to) this differs in that this seller has a history of conning people out of goods & money by using the old "arrived broken" or "item not received" scam and simply putting in a claim via paypal. He then gets to keep the item AND gets a refund. I know of at least 5 other beoworld members who have been victims of this buyer and I cannot believe for one minute every item arrived broken or not at all - as he claims.

I personally think it fair game to make Beoworld members aware of this particular trader. If you don't agree then please feel free to air your opinion (in reply to this post) on deleting this thread and it will receive the same treatment as any other thread up for moderator discussion. The decision on whether to delete this thread, as always, would receive my full personal support.

Chris.Smile

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-25-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

I am surprised to hear of these problems regarding this bidder. I have sold to him in the past and didn't have any problems, he purcahsed a number of phones via eBay, and then a few extra items I had for sale off eBay. Due to the high value of the items (£400+ if I remember) I was only willing to ship using an insured/tracked service (which was quite expensive but covered fully by the buyer).

I think this situation highlights the problem with the current eBay feedback system - Last time I looked he has excellent feedback so I had no reason to feel concerned about his actions, and yet it is obvious that he is not as honest as he may first appear.

Ian

• 08-07-2009 3:04 AM In reply to

• richtoy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2007
    • Valkenburg, Netherlands
    • Posts 184
    • Gold Member

I too am a little confused.  The two accounts you refer to have nearly 2500 positive feedbacks and only one negative in the last 12 months.  Did the scams to which you refer happen more than 12 months ago or has the negative feedback been removed?

Richard

Some of my B&O: BV3/32, MX7000, MX5500, LX5500, MX4000, BM8000, BM6000, Overture, BL8000, BM6000 Quad, BM4400, BM3400, BG-CDX, BM3000, BM1001, BM1200, BM1600, BM1700, BM1500, BM1400, BM2400, BM2300, BM4500, BM4000, BVM70, BVS45-2, BVS60, BC7700, BM2200, BM1900, BG8002, BM1202, BVPenta, BVP45

• 08-07-2009 3:21 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

If you read through the feedback and ignore the plus signs, you will see a number of dissatisfied sellers. sellers cannot leave neg feedback as I am sure you are aware. Also read his feedback left for others, he is more than happy to leave neg!

Jonnie

• 08-07-2009 3:22 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Take a look too too at his star ratings, they are slowly coming down!!

• 08-09-2009 2:37 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I think it's quite right that this has been posted. Obviously his guy is doing this in high priced items as far as I understood. If he is following this thread (or Beoworld in general) he can of course tell us about it as well!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-16-2009 8:05 AM In reply to

• paolo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

INSTEAD OF RUN LIKE A RAT KEEP YOUR ID .... WHY YOU CHANGED ? AND ALSO WHY YOU GET SUSPENDED FROM EBAY FOR 3 MONTHS ?

TRY TO BE HONEST BEFORE WRITE ANY B******T LIKE THAT . THANKS

• 08-16-2009 9:24 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hello Paolo,

as a moderator I will always uphold your right to defend yourself but please refrain from using profanities whilst doing so. I have exercised my rights as a moderator to edit one of the words used in your post.

Chris.

• 12-08-2009 6:06 PM In reply to

• paolo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

BE HONEST AND SAID THAT YOU NEVER SHIP !!! YOU DID'T PROVE ANY SHIPMENT !!

PLEASE

• 12-08-2009 6:42 PM In reply to

To me the profile looks OK.

There is always drop out when one does a high amount of transactions.

The BS and yelling is out of line, I think you need to relax a bit Paolo.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 12-09-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

paolo:

BE HONEST AND SAID THAT YOU NEVER SHIP !!! YOU DID'T PROVE ANY SHIPMENT !!

PLEASE

Paolo - You were given fair warning about using profanities in your replies and in response to you ignoring this I have had no choice other than to delete your 2 previous posts. As I have previously stated, you are welcome to defend yourself and I will uphold that right but only if it is conducted in a civilised manner.

This is a world wide site which is open to all age groups, including minors, and as you claim to be a Police officer then I am sure you understand my reasons for taking this action.

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)