in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2009 12:08 PM by Bebs. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2009 4:20 AM

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Problem with BC2 - help please

Dear friends,

My Beocenter2 has developed a problem. I was watching a DVD the other day no problem, switched everything off as usual.

Last night I put another DVD in and turned on as usual - the picture is fine and it skips between scenes fine but there is no sound at all coming to the speakers. So i tried a music CD - same problem, it reads the track as normal (the display is counting as normal) but no sound at all. I then tried Radio and that worked perfectly well as normal with sound. I also tried switching everything off for a few minutes at the mains to try and 'reset' - didn't help.

To me it looks like somehow the laser or something is not reading the sound on the discs.. as I say, Radio mode is fine and of course the TV works fine as usual too. I have not changed anything and all the wires and plugs are in as normal. I merely switched it off the other day and now this has happened out of the blue..

Any ideas?

Cheers all!

• 07-17-2009 5:25 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with BC2 - help please

Try a option 1 on the remote.

th

• 07-17-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

I'm sorry - not quite sure what you mean by that?  Forgive my ignorence..

• 07-17-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Sounds basic, but have you looked at the laser?  It could have some gunk or a fingerprint on it !!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-17-2009 8:13 AM In reply to

if you have a beo4, hold inn st by and list at the same time. Then push list to a opt in display, then push nr. 1 against bc2. Try this and maby this work.

th

• 07-17-2009 8:35 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Yes I did try cleaning it with a cotton bud Lee - no difference.  Just puzzled how it worked one day - and not the next. It must be some sort of laser issue since the radio mode works ok?

I will try the Beo4 alternative tonight and report back - thanks

• 07-21-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

I tried this but it is a no go. Still no sound from either CDs or DVDs   :o(

I have also tried cleaning the laser itself - no luck.

The Radio option still works.. very odd indeed. Any more useful suggestions chaps?

What gets me is that I have not changed anything, nor switched anything off at the mains or changed any cables or settings. I just turned it off on the beo4 standby button.  Next day - no sound!!  Grrrr...

Lee - Heeeeeelp  ;o)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)