in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-12-2010 7:26 AM by houtenkop. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2009 1:14 AM

Connection problems between BeoMaster 5/BeoSound 5 and PC (Beoplayer) in Windows Vista

Hello,

a couple of months ago I got a new system with a Beovision 7, Beosound 5 and BeoMaster 5. On my PC I had Beoplayer installed and all worked perfectly for a while: the complete system worked flawlessly and I could transfer my music files and photos to BeoMaster and access them via BeoSound5 and the TV, respectively.

Then (maybe after some windows updates or other software changes on my PC, not so clear to identify) the connection between my PC/Peoplayer and BeoMaster (network drive BM-Share$) started to fail once in a while. It could be resolved by clicking on the Beoplayer Icon with the right mouse button - "Connect to BeoSound 5" - but after 5 to 15 minutes the connection was broken again. I tried restarts of my PC, of the BeoMaster, etc., but nothing improved.
    Also, when I was lucky enough that the connection was stable for some minutes, I copied some CDs on BeoMaster and can see the albums on the shared drive from my PC, but I cannot access on BeoSound 5. And in Beoplayer it seems that they are only stored under "Folders", but I cannot see them under "Albums" or "Artists". 

Finally, I deinstalled Beoplayer and reinstalled again (newest version 5.02), but the problem was not solved. In fact, during the installation I need to try many times to connect to BeoMaster (with correct password and IP address) and after many tries it worked (but it seems somehow random). I have repeated the last procedure several times, but did get nowhere.

Any suggestions?

For Info:
    - Running Windows Vista, SP 2
    - Internet connection is not the problem (NRadio is working perfectly once Beoplayer is installed)
    - BeoMaster 5 is connected by cable to WLAN Router, PC by WLAN to Router

Thanks for any hint- I am getting desparate...

Gerald

Filed under: , ,
  • 08-12-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: Connection problems between BeoMaster 5/BeoSound 5 and PC (Beoplayer) in Windows Vista

Hi,

Did you sort this out?

Roger

• 08-13-2009 2:34 AM In reply to

Re: Connection problems between BeoMaster 5/BeoSound 5 and PC (Beoplayer) in Windows Vista

Hello Roger and all,

no, could not sort it out yet. I have tried everything - also with instructions from my dealer and phone support by B&O. I even recovered (=reset) the system and problems were not solved. Even more, there is complete chaos on the BeoSound5 like one cover showing up 3 or 4 times, with only some titles available for each cover (e.g. 2 from the complete CD). There seems to be a hardware defect: Today my dealer will pick up the sytsem to send it to B&O for a complete check/repair/replacement etc.

I will keep you posted - though thanks for all the hints so far (at least it helped to dig to the core of the problem).

Gerald

• 05-12-2010 7:26 AM In reply to

Hi!

Has this been resolved yet? It seems that the connection drops when the BM5/BS5 are inactive. When operating CD menu the connection seems to be stable.

Rgds - André

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)