in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-20-2009 4:02 AM by aweicc. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2009 5:07 AM

Panel Signal Output issue solved - Beovision 7-40 MK IV

Hi everyone.

Instead of continuing on a thread with plenty of different issues, I decided to make a separate post for this pretty significant issue.

My dealer is a good man, and was nothing but understanding when I adressed the MK IV 50 HZ output issue. For those new to the case: The new Beovision 7-40 MK IV has a 100/120HZ panel, but when watching TV its menu displays that the panel output is 50HZ (should be 100), and when watching BluRay it says 48HZ (should be 96).

My dealer then checked his display model, and it had the same bug. As it turns out, probably every single set has this bug.

Answer from BnO: The Beovision 7 has a 100HZ panel, and would not even be able to display a 50 HZ picture. A 50HZ inputsignal will be enhanced to 100HZ output. The fact that the menu displays 50HZ is wrongful information. The signal IS in fact displaying 100HZ. The latest software upgrade (already out) adresses this issue.

So - one less thing to worry about.... Smile

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 07-19-2009 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: Panel Signal Output issue solved - Beovision 7-40 MK IV

Hi Takktakk

This is good news, do you know what else is in the new SW?

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-19-2009 5:04 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

takktakk:

The signal IS in fact displaying 100HZ. The latest software upgrade (already out) adresses this issue.

So - one less thing to worry about.... Smile

Were you worried about it? It was probably bottom of my MKIV list!

I received my replacement MKIV yesterday and it still shows 50Hz, so no idea which sw revision fixes that (very minor) sw bug.

The replacement doesn't crash. Phew. Still has that humming and audio delay with my link room TV though. MKIII (which was here until yesterday) was flawless.

• 07-19-2009 5:18 PM In reply to

Well moxxey... 

With your previous posts of frustration in mind, also regarding this issue, I am surprised to find that it was on the bottom of your list... But hey: Good for you! Smile

The latest revision, according to BnO, should fix it.

I have discovered that my TV is only humming when set to VMEM. DTV and DVD does not make any such sounds.

Anyone have an explanation for that..??

Oh yes.. about the other fixes: Minor stuff. Adding IR support for a little more hardware, mostly tuners. Stuff like that. At least that is the only thing they say out loud... :-)

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 07-19-2009 5:57 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

takktakk:

With your previous posts of frustration in mind, also regarding this issue, I am surprised to find that it was on the bottom of your list... 

Only because I knew it was a genuine sw-related error and that even B&O couldn't release a 100Hz panel-based TV that wasn't really 100Hz. It's the panel not the sw that drives the 100Hz update, so I knew it was a sw error.

I don't think I'll be sw upgrading unless they fix the problem with the linkroom audio delay.

• 07-20-2009 3:14 AM In reply to

moxxey:

I don't think I'll be sw upgrading unless they fix the problem with the linkroom audio delay.

Hi Moxxey

I take it you informed your dealer about this as I will do the same. The more we let them know, the more likely we are to have the issues solved quickly. This goes for you to Takktakk :-)

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-20-2009 4:02 AM In reply to

Hi moxxey,

I saw your post in an earlier thread regarding true HD audio output, do you know if your MKIV now supports true HD audio ?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)