in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-28-2009 5:27 AM by raveny. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-13-2009 7:02 AM

Apple TV - link room audio

I want to listen to Apple TV music in link rooms. Master BV7-32 works fine as I have connected the Apple TV through HDMI on AV3 with Settop box controler and IR (C4) as DTV. I have connected an additional audio component cable from ATV to AV4 audio as DTV2. Pressing DTV opens ATV menu and I can listen to music and watch movies. When ATV is playing, switching to DTV2 mutes picture and playes music through system but not in link rooms. Pressing DTV2 in kitchen opens channel but no music is playing, even when it is playing on BV7 in main room. What am I doing wrong ?

I have following setup al connected by ML:

BV7-32 main room (latest model, HDMI)

BV8-26 kitchen

MX4002 bedroom

BS2300 fitness

Apple TV connected to BV7 through HDMI (AV3) DTV and separate audio component connection through analogue audio AV4 DTV2.

• 07-13-2009 7:03 AM In reply to

Re: Apple TV - link room audio

PS everything else is working : RADIO through ML on all equipment, CD, DVD etc

• 07-13-2009 2:26 PM In reply to

• 07-13-2009 3:58 PM In reply to

I have solved the problem ! You need to connect HDMI to AV4 using DTV. Apple TV audio is also connected to AV4 LR/IN (phono cables). To listen to ATV audio in linkrooms I now need to press AV DTV and voila, music flows ! Though this is run throug the DAC from the ATV so I will have to acquire a decent DAC to have HIFI quality.

• 07-14-2009 5:50 AM In reply to

great

but you can connect to different AV, but you must use A.DTV/A.VAUX etc etc for linkroom

• 07-21-2009 2:35 AM In reply to

I used to have a BV 7-32 hooked up as yours, hdmi to dvi, and analoge. AV DTV did the work in linkrooms just as you say. Now, i upgraded to a 7-40 MK IV and have my Apple TV connected HDMI to HDMI. Here is my question. WHY ON EARTH is it not possible for BS3 in my tv to decode the digital signal passed through to my tv into analoge to be provided to linkrooms???? One of B&O´s biggest succeses is the linkroom capabillities. It is however not possible to utilize this succes with digital connected devices. Why is this?? I know i can just use the analoge L-R connection in my tv, but this results in sound delay from mainroom to linkrooms....

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-21-2009 3:25 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i believe its due to copyright, HDMI only allows the connected panel to be able to access the data.

This sound delay im sure i ready somewhere that you can adjust the settings to compensate for this i maybe wrong but might be worth a search

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-21-2009 5:14 AM In reply to

Hi Seanie

Thanks for your reply..

The copyright thing, i do not quite believe. The TV is able to downscale both Bluray and digital signals from inbulidt BD player and DVB-HD module through HDMI. Everything else connected to HDMI is a no GO!!!

The whole concept of masterlink is gone when you are not able to access it in every linkroom.

As for the sounddelay, there should be somwhere where you might be able to change the factors. I will ask my dealer!

• 07-21-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

oh keep me posted if poss as this will be something i will be doing very soon and i dont want a sound delay as it will "Do my head in" for want of a better phrase.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-21-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You can change the sound delay in the service menu - sound adjustments - sound delay. BUT be aware this will set sound/picture out of sync!

So the sound delay makes sense!

For linkroom sound you will need analogue audio, for linkroom picture you need analogue picture. Built in DVB modules and DVD- and Bluray players

support this. Mac mini, apple TV can`t do that.

Stefan

• 07-21-2009 4:57 PM In reply to

Hi Stefan

Thanks for clarifying..

The sound delay is when connecting apple TV to analoge sound AND HDMI. Mainroom signal has to be processed, linkrooms dont, Therefore when listening to music from apple tv in my living room and diningroom which are right besides each other, the sound is not in synch. I know about the option to adjust sound for the picture. This is analoge sound vs. digital from same source....

• 10-24-2009 6:16 AM In reply to

I have connected the ATV to BS3 in the main room. In the bathroom BeoLink Passive ATV music works because I connected a chinch cable also.

But in an other Link Room with BV7 I don't get anything. Is it because my ATV is not connected via composite? I just want audio on the BV7

• 10-24-2009 4:31 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Try to press AV - "ATV". To get sound via masterlink from video sources you will need AV mode .

Stefan

• 10-28-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

Thank you Stefan! It worked.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)