in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2009 6:18 PM by bootneckbandy. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2009 3:39 PM

Beo 7 -40 Freeview PVR

Hi

First post so please be kind!

I have a BV 7-40 Mk3, it is the fourth TV that I have had from B&O, 3 x 7-32's and this BV 7-40. Nothing but trouble has followed the purchases.

The most recent is the lack of the PVR Menu, some of the programme details download, whilst others don't. B&O have taken readings from the TV and have said that they cannot spend the time and cost on researching this problem for only a couple of customers, I was then informed that the "new" DVBT HD module would be fitted and hoped that it will fix the problem. This has now changed as the UK Government is changing the specification of the HD Freeview signal/module tosomething like DVBT 2.

Has anyone else suffered the same problem of a limited guide from the freeview module?

Also , I have a recent software upgrade and the TV will not send a signal to the Sky HD box to turn it off, any thoughts?

Lok forward to hearing from someone out there.

• 07-10-2009 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 7 -40 Freeview PVR

Nothing helpful I am afraid though I am shocked that you have been treated so badly - especially as you are clearly a loyal customer. If you are getting no joy from B&O UK, and I would suggest contacting head office first, then email B&O in Denmark. You have bought an expensive set - the least you should expect is that it works.

• 07-11-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

Peter

Thank you for your reply, for some reason B&O UK have been very unhelpful, and failled to answer my last communication. I have a few friends who would love to join the B&O experiance, but will not due to the problems that I am having and have had for a good number of years.  

I will look for their address on the web site.

Many thanks for the reply.

• 07-11-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

I'm not being nosey - but broadly speaking, where in the UK  are based ( region, not town ) ?

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 07-12-2009 11:14 AM In reply to

when i enquired aboot freeview on our tv , i was politely informed that satellite tv was the preferred input for bno , they didn't take freeview seriously at all..

i was originally sceptical , but upon having sky sintalled recently i can say that bno were right all along !!!

**wowzers!**

sky and bno really do seem made for each other , the integration of the beo4 with the sky box means it's actually MUCH easier to use than the remote that came with the box in the first place !!

i'd suggest ditching freeview and going for a sky set up . glad i did !!

if you can afford a bno tv , i'm sure you can afford sky :)

popgear is grate™

• 07-12-2009 12:11 PM In reply to

I assume you refer to the built-in Freeview module from B&O. I have similar installed in a BC6-26 and find the program list refreshes very slowly, with some channel data very slow to load.

The B&O Freeview interface is not that functional - it only shows now and next across all channels so finding out what's on a few hours or days ahead is very difficult. It's slow to refresh. And you cannot delete pay channels or shopping channels from the list - or you can but they just come straight back.

But it looks nice for everyday use and the picture is good. It is also very reliable at detecting the right screen ratio - I don't hink I've ever had to over-ride its selection manually. I have a Sony DVD/HDR connected use that if I want to do any of the things the B&O unit is not so good at.

• 07-12-2009 12:14 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

if you can afford a bno tv , i'm sure you can afford sky :)

The problem with Sky, Flappo, is that you have to have access to the roof and your landlord needs to agree. As many people live in flats, if there's no general Sky connection for the building, getting it installed is tricky.

• 07-12-2009 6:18 PM In reply to

South East,

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)