in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-09-2009 12:55 AM by HeKoch. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2009 11:08 PM

Beovision 8-40 PUC menu

I have Bv 8-40 and have connected an apple TV which I can control with its own remote. I have set up PUC 1 to operae it with Beo 4 but cannot get it to work. I have set up AV 1 to V-Mem (because it is a button on the remote and so I don't have to go into List. I have chosen HDMI A and PUC 1. I save all this and try to bring up the PUC menu but can only bring up the General menu with Connections on it. Non of the buttons will operate the Apple TV. I am stumpd and have contacted my dealer all to no avail. 

Any hints

Patrick

Patrick

• 07-06-2009 11:27 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: Beovision 8-40 PUC menu

Try DTV (SAT) or V.AUX.

V.AUX is a list feature. So when you turn the system off the remote remembers the last funtion used. Press On and On to restart AppleTv..

beoaus.

• 07-07-2009 12:14 AM In reply to

I have trid as you have suggeted and many other combinations but have made no progress at all. The ATV is working perfectly with the ATV remote but the Beo 4 will not make any headway in working it. My dealer says V. Mem should work. He also said that the HDMI socket must be chosen before the PUC socket - which I have done. I am really stumped with this one. I am sure there is a small something that I am not taking into account.

Patrick

• 07-07-2009 12:16 AM In reply to

By the way I am using DTV for Digital Terrestrial TV.

Patrick

• 07-07-2009 12:44 AM In reply to

• HeKoch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-29-2008
    • VS-Schwenningen /Germany
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I've installed the same combination last week and it works great. I've chosen AV1, V-Mem,HDMI A and PUC1. First of all, my dealer have to update the PUC Library with different devices, we've selected from a PUC library. A downloaded follows via PUC1 and a Serial interface from his service notebook. After selecting AV1 - V-Mem, I've got the option to choose the PUC-List and I selected Apple remote and after storing all the key inputs the ATV is working with the BEO4 as expected.

This will be the right way to get the functionality of an apple remote over BEO4.

Hope it helps

HeKoch

• 07-07-2009 8:20 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Does this mean you can program fixed Beo4 keys?  VMEM is mentioned, what about LIGHT etc...

beoaus.

• 07-09-2009 12:55 AM In reply to

• HeKoch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-29-2008
    • VS-Schwenningen /Germany
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Not all - only V-MEM,V-Aux, DVD. Step through the connection menu and choose AV1,Source -> you get the available keys.

HeKoch

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)