in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2009 10:43 AM by wasti. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2009 2:43 AM

Beocom 5 a preview

Hi all, just to get excited a BeoCom 5 detail, the clock:

Regards

• 07-06-2009 3:32 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: Beocom 5 a preview THE DISPLAY

Another view

Quim

• 07-06-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Now this looks interesting... Can anyone remind me what the technical specifications were?

br

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 07-06-2009 3:48 AM In reply to

Has anyone an information about the release date?

• 07-06-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

The design and ergonomics seems to be close to the Serene, with a Serenata wheel and... A screen on the top! Strange! (I think they are considering that a normal user will almost never use the keypad, so placing it on the bottom isn't an ergonomic issue...

• 07-06-2009 4:04 AM In reply to

The thread is over an hour old and nobody has asked about the price? Confused

*starting the stopwatch* (and then the post on how utterly insane the price is, another about why they don't make good tv's anymore, etc... Stick out tongue )

-mika

• 07-06-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

Does anybody know the price?

• 07-06-2009 4:22 AM In reply to

The salesman told me introduction October 2009, price BeoCom 6000 + 100 Euro........

• 07-06-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

-multimedia Robert-:

The salesman told me introduction October 2009, price BeoCom 6000 + 100 Euro........

That is certainly not as insane as it could be... Can the beocom5 be used with the beoline PSTN base as the Beocom6000?

br

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 07-06-2009 5:36 AM In reply to

At least it looks as though it still has the AV button for changing the volume - I still cannot fathom why neither the serene nor serenata allow you to do this - it's not like we only use our mobiles outside of the home.

• 07-06-2009 5:56 AM In reply to

ChrDH:

-multimedia Robert-:

That is certainly not as insane as it could be... Can the beocom5 be used with the beoline PSTN base as the Beocom6000?

br

Christian

Hi Cristian,

The manual displays a Beoline2 only!

B&O also writes: More handsets can be registered to Beoline2, the oldest model, read BeoCom 6000, has te be registered FIRST. The functions for ALL will then be limited to that oldest handset. 

Regards, Robert

• 07-06-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

B&O must be very careful when pricing this phone - the iPhone generation will have to google the words "land line phone" and then figure out if they need a phone that only works inside their homes... (and perhaps in their gardens) in addition to their existing iPhone's Big Smile

Roger

• 07-06-2009 6:18 AM In reply to

Roger:

B&O must be very careful when pricing this phone - the iPhone generation will have to google the words "land line phone" and then figure out if they need a phone that only works inside their homes... (and perhaps in their gardens) in addition to their existing iPhone's Big Smile

Roger

Pricing for the mentioned generation would be 27 Euro/30 dollars per month for 2 years.............

• 07-06-2009 6:29 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

nice - definitely a modern design to build on the tried and tested classic designs of B&O handsets.

could be a good starting point to attract new followers to the brand

• 07-06-2009 6:50 AM In reply to

Thanks for sharing, Quim. Not sure I like the design, though. Does anyone know why the speaker and microphone are placed on the opposite side of the display?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-06-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

beocool:

Thanks for sharing, Quim. Not sure I like the design, though. Does anyone know why the speaker and microphone are placed on the opposite side of the display?

Not sure: Possibly for the one who cleanes in the house.......no display and no bottons at your face while using the handset. Keeps that side cleaner......

Or ......... for your partner to see who you are talking to

• 07-06-2009 7:21 AM In reply to

beocool:

I never liked the looks of the Serene that much, and therefore not much of this either...

Some mobile phone manufacturer - forget which one - used to have this arrangement. Their point was that you can operate the buttons while talking.

-mika

• 07-06-2009 7:26 AM In reply to

Hello dear beofans,

I am not really found of the design, furthermore, having the speaker and microphone placed on the opposite side of the display isn't really ergonomic, in my taste.

But let's see this one on the flesh...

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 07-06-2009 7:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 5 a preview

The optional speaker part for a hands free conference call, one places the handset there:

• 07-06-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

As I recall the keyboard and screen are for when the unit is in the stand.  Makes perfect sense so that one can see the screen and dial  while on speaker phone.  I love the becom 6000 but hate the fact that I have to pick up the phone to see who is on caller ID.

• 07-06-2009 10:14 AM In reply to

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

It's a shame it looks just like a very nice phone - I love the fact people say "what the hell is that?" when my beocom2 rings.

I had a Serene and have a Serenata and hoped / anticipated that the beecom5 would be something completely different, a bit like the images of the new beotime.

It's time to think outside the wheel.

The above may sound a bit miserable but I still can’t fault their build and material quality and the fact that everything B&O you touch you want!

• 07-06-2009 11:35 AM In reply to

I must say I like the design, finally, after the latest releases I was wondering which product I would buy after my Serenata, here is the one.

Form and function finally come back, the speaker & microphone on one side seem logical to me, as you can finally press the keys when listening to the message in your voicemail for instance, something impossible with any other BeoCom or B&O GSM.

Anyway, I prefer this design over the BC6000 and even BC2, and if it is less expensive than the latter, I might consider replacing my BeoCom 4 when this one comes out.

Will they come in different body colours? The display is supposed to be coloured, so maybe it will be just metal & plastics, with only the multi-colour display creating the difference between handsets.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-06-2009 11:50 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Roger:
    B&O must be very careful when pricing this phone - ...

Quite diplomatically, you mean since they were not careful enough NOT to design/produce such things anymore? :-) 

Hasn't anyone skyped or - via google, indeed - voice/video communicated to them on what the right price should be?

Big Smile

• 07-06-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

i like it,i love it......I buy it

• 07-06-2009 12:09 PM In reply to

The Nokia 9110/9210/9290 Communicators had the speaker/microphone on the opposite side of the keypad/display arrangement. I used to have one and loved it. It seems odd at first only because every other phone model in existence does it the traditional way; after trying it, however, I preferred it over the old method. More ergonomic, IMO, and helps to avoid smears on the screen. I cannot imagine how iPhone/Blackberry owners cope with facial oils and fingerprint smudges on their huge screens! Must be the B&O part in me. Big Smile

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >