in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2007 2:29 AM by Die_Bogener. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2007 3:50 PM

• Eljaro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-04-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Ouverture cassette repair

My Ouverture has developed a problem with the cassette player. When I hit play the tape mechanism tries to move the tape but the  head and pinch roller will not move up . I presume there is a belt inside which moves the head assembly and which is either broken or stretched. How do I access the cassette mechanism to replace the belt? Can someone explain me how to do it without breaking anything?
  • 06-05-2007 2:29 AM In reply to

Re: Ouverture cassette repair

The belt's are the real reason for this defect.

There is a big flat belt inside. It can be replaced, the spare part is still available.

But it is a lot of work to disassemble the BC. If it's the first time for you, dont do it...ask for a B&O service.

The complete front of the BC has to be disassembled. Doors, complete covers, aluminium front with display/keyboard, then the drive itself.

The drive is not really ment to be serviced, but it is possible. Assembling the new belt is a pain... the first time was really bad. The second time it took only minutes... 

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)