in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2009 3:20 PM by Keith Saunders. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2009 6:57 PM

beovision lcd 7/40 blue ray television

Hi Everybody

We have recently taken delivery of a new 7/40 blue ray television together with two beo5 remote controls to add onto our existing avant & beovision 3 masterlink system.  To date our experience of the consistency of these remote controls (beo4 & new beo5) and this new device has left us feeling somewhat disappointed with our purchase.  We use sky plus connected by scart and the tv inbuilt freeview.  Generally we find the tv operation, especially on sky unpredictable in operation.  Whilst there are periods when the remotes work perfectly they sometimes get into a state where several presses are required to get any action.  This is most obvious using digits to type another channel number or using of channels on the sky menu will result in part of the three digit channel number getting through, leaving the sky channel select box up on the screen partly complete.  We have experienced several other strange occurrences including sky box power off and various other button presses being completely ignored.  Whilst not having a definitive list to report here we wondered if anyone else in the world had similar experiences.  Since our remote handset operational failures are completely random they are not demonstrable to our dealer who naturally does not know how to help.  Currently replacement of the tv appear to be their only suggestion.  Anyone else enjoyed anything similar?

Peter

• 07-01-2009 3:42 AM In reply to

Re: beovision lcd 7/40 blue ray television

Peter,

First of all, a very warm welcome to Beoworld and I am sure we can assist in resolving your issues.

Let me start by making a few points which may provide you with confidence in your purchase related to the Beo5 and your Beovision 7.

The Beo5 in terms of concept and hardware design is very good in my view, but there are areas related to the software used by the dealer to setup the Beo5 which can leave the Beo5 to appear to not function correctly or provide less functions than the Beo4.

The Beo5 can do EVERYTHING that the Beo4 can do plus more, be assured of that if correctly set up.

Based on the "Problem Statement" you have described, you issues with SKY are less likely to be the Beo5's at all as your Sky boxes will be controlled via the PUC particularly if other functions work correctly. The first area to check is the placement of the IR blaster connected to the front panel of your Sky Box. If it is not directly in front of the Sky receiver, you will get intermittent issues or no working at all.

Please check the IR blaster as a first step and also list the items which consistently fail and items vs. items which work

Regards Keith....

• 07-01-2009 5:49 AM In reply to

Hi Peter,

I do see all the gremlins that you have mentioned, especially when entering channels on beo 5 it is incomplete. I have the remote for 1 year now and after reprogramming (after replacing a cracked screen) the bugs seems to have gone or 'died down'.

thansk
    Vince

• 07-01-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

Hello Peter,

Does the problem only occur with Beo5 or also with Beo 4??

If the problem occur with the Beo4 also = I have encountered something similar. I resolved the problem by "shooting" a new STB list in your TV.

This should be something your dealer would be able to help you with.

BMGHB

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 07-01-2009 6:28 AM In reply to

Keith,

Many thanks for your welcome and reply. Obviously I am please to see someone believes my combination works.  As you detected I am/was having serious doubts about the wisdom of all this.

I am quite happy the IR is correctly placed. 

Over the last three weeks all operations have both worked and failed.  Time of day, usage lapse time, product switching etc. etc. probably effect things but nothing consistent or reproducible.   It has certainly worked all day but then suddenly it seems to get stuck or lost.  It has on occasions left the sky box running (green) when turning off the tv.  Apparently on/off operate as a toggle, therefore starting up sky (V-AUX) when the box is already on can turn the sky box off and leave the tv screen blank.  However this hasn’t occurred since Sunday night.   

Currently I am in the hands of my dealer who tells me he is doing all he can to try and help me.  Obviously with no pattern and nothing reproducible it is becoming very difficult from both of our points of view.

My post was therefore a cry from the darkness to see if anyone else out there had experienced anything similar. 

Since Monday night I have been using my Beo4 without any real problems so may be it is the Beo5s which have the problem.  Time will tell I guess.

On a more positive note, looking through the forum I can see users are now able to configure there own Beo5 hand set.  Which is very much of interest to me, is there some information available which tells me what hardware, software and cables I need?

Peter

PS.  thanks to the others that also replied.

• 07-01-2009 7:09 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Hi Peter,

Sadly I had to get my MKIV picked up yesterday and am using an 'old' BV7-40 MKIII - all the problems I had have gone. Linkroom picture is good, no audio delay, no Sky box crashing, no red lines on the panel and so on.

However, I don't think your issue is a MKIV/TV problem. Like Keith said, it could be something to do with how your Sky box is positioned and the IR control. For example, since I've moved my PS3 in to the BS3 cabinet, I've found it intermittently loses connection with the wireless controller. Like you said, if you've had no problems with the Beo4, then it's definitely not the TV at fault.

• 07-01-2009 3:20 PM In reply to

I agree with Moxxey, whilst there are on-going issues with the Beovision 7-40, you problems seem very different.

I have noted from your most recent posting that you are satified that the IR blaster is correctly sited on the Sky box and you appear to be saying that everything is working with the Beo4. Please confirm if this is the case ?

If you have had any kind of failure using the Beo4 please state in detail exactly what did not work. You made the statement "Since Monday night I have been using my Beo4 with any real problems" Does that statement mean you had no problems or you had minor problems, if minor problems what were they ?

If it turns out that everything works correctly using the Beo4, but you have problems when using the Beo5, then it is almost certainly an issue related to the beo5 configuration and setup. If a Beo5 is incorrectly setup all sorts of issues can occur, so it is important to identify at this stage any problems using the Beo4, if there are none, then we can be fairly certain that re-configuration the Beo5 will solve most problems.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)