in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2007 11:14 PM by ProGram. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2007 2:15 PM

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

EaerSet 1 Home connector layout

Hi!I would like to use the earset for my computer or something, but I don't know the pins of the connector and I don't want to cut it either. I looked for a manual of the beocom4, which has such a connector. But they only tell how to dismantle it. Can anyone help me?Chris
    Filed under:
  • 06-04-2007 4:51 PM In reply to

• gridinoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Milton Keynes
    • Posts 17
    • Founder

Re: EaerSet 1 Home connector layout

I had a friend do one adapter for me, basically we assumed that the "base" connector was the ground, and the tip and the middle one were for microphone and mini-speaker, we did not knew which. So he made a Y connector like this:

[||stereo 2.5 mm mother jack]]-----(wire from tip)---...-----[[stereo 3.5 mm jack]==>
                                                \----(wire from middle)--...------[[stereo 3.5 mm jack]==>

the stereo conectors entering the computer (3.5 mm) were made "stereo" by soldering the both channel togheter.

And we plug them at chance, when I don't have sound in the headset, I revers the plugging in the computer. It works perfect with Skype.

It might sound dangerous to plug them in reverse, but I doubt that the condenser microphone can be damaged by the low voltage of headphones out from the computer.

Laurian
    [BeoMaster 1900, CD 50, Beovox S25 S35 S50, BeoSound 2, BeoVision MX 1500, Form 2, LC 2, A8, A9]
  • 06-04-2007 11:14 PM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Re: EaerSet 1 Home connector layout

gridinoc:
    I had a friend do one adapter for me, basically we assumed that the "base" connector was the ground, and the tip and the middle one were for microphone and mini-speaker, we did not knew which. So he made a Y connector like this:[||stereo 2.5 mm mother jack]]-----(wire from tip)---...-----[[stereo 3.5 mm jack]==>                                            \----(wire from middle)--...------[[stereo 3.5 mm jack]==>the stereo conectors entering the computer (3.5 mm) were made "stereo" by soldering the both channel togheter.And...
    Hi Laurian!Thanks for your answer, but sorry, I'm talking about the earset home (not mobile). This connector is very similar to those, which the ericsson cellphones have. Or are there different home-versions ?By, Chris
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)