in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-03-2009 3:12 AM by Gintas. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2009 8:52 AM

HDR1 (Type 4640, B/G)

I‘ve got a big problem with a B&O HDR1 (4640 B/G). It's connected to the cable TV network. I live in Lithuania (Western Europe). In any case i can hear one language audio from one speaker and different language fom another one  when i play the recorded video. MTV (stereo) its OK! Maybe this model can work correctly only in Germany? I‘ve tryed all options such a mono1, mono2 end etc. No results. Who can help me? Thanks. Gintas

• 06-30-2009 9:18 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: HDR1 (Type 4640, B/G)

Not sure, but did you try SHIFT - SOUND in V.TAPE mode on a BL1000? I remember this was the option to change the audio track when two channel mode is used. Sorry I can`t remember what to press on Beo4.....(?)

Stefan

• 07-01-2009 7:18 AM In reply to

Thank you forthe answer. According your instructions i got in HDR menu. There was options V tuner-setup-extra-tuning-sound (mono-1,mono-2, mono-3, stereo-2). But unfortunally after chosing allof them one by one - no acceptable results. Is this a failure or just a problem of such type of tuner? I ment its not able to recognize our cable TV network signal correctly? One more thing. Recording and replay a stereo signal - no problem - it's working fine. TV-mx8000

• 07-01-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

As you said you want to change sound of a recorded video, so it doesn`t make sense to change sound settings in the V.tuner menu of the HDR1.

It`s no failure and no problem of the tuner. The HDR1 just did what it should do. The TV station sends a 2-channel (language) audio instead of stereo. HDR1 recorded this audio - as a stereo signal - one language left, the other from the right speaker (channel).

Pressing SHIFT - SOUND (NO HDR menu!) switches from channel one (left-mono) to channel two (right - mono) to both channels (left-right - stereo).

That`s the way it works with a VX7000 and an MX4000.

So why not change the balance setting of the MX8000? Turn balance to the left and you should hear channel one (mono left - language one). Turn it to the right and you should hear channel two ( mono right - language two). Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 07-01-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

Hallo. If the hdr1 has a menu option for audio settings, it should be working? Your advice to turn balance to the one side is not very usefuf, becaus the TV set has an integrated Dolby module, so voice runin from only one speaker is very frustrating.The MX8000 receive the sound signal from the hdr1 trough the scart cable, so it's impossible to switch the TV menu in to Mono mode.

• 07-02-2009 7:29 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I`m soorry that my advice is not useful for you. To get stereo sound on your TV select SPEAKER 2 mode. You never told before your MX has an (optional) surround module. Did you try SHIFT - SOUND on BL1000? Or Press LIST til SOUND displayed and GO on Beo4. This should switch the audio track...

Stefan

• 07-02-2009 12:40 PM In reply to

Hallo Stefan. I've tried already all options you wrote. In Speaker 1 mode sound can be heard only from TV spekers. In Speaker 2 - from TV dolby module, in speaker 3 from both of them. But in all modes - one language from left side and different language from another. Do you have the hdr1? Does the function V tuner-setup-extra-tuning-sound (mono-1,mono-2, mono-3, stereo-2) works? Thanks. Gintas

• 07-02-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

Hi Gintas,

my case is not exactly the same as yours, but it's very similar for this "audio question": I own an avant with HDR2.

my tv cable provider send me 3 tv stations in "bi-canal" (english+french) and I always can switch between them in the avant by using the beo4 "SOUND" command.

I've recorded all those 3 "bi-canal" tv stations and the result is always the same: I can record ONLY ONE LANGUAGE each time with HDR2 in ALL the audio options in -> V tuner-setup-extra-tuning-sound (mono-1,mono-2, stereo, mono-3, stereo-2) with mono-1, stereo and mono3 the languaje-A, and with mono2 and stereo2 the languaje-B;

During the changing of those different audio modes in the v-tuner menu, I can already listen the languaje selected, and this is the languaje recorded afterwards.

But in ANY case I CANNOT record both languages at the same time!!!! Unsure even if I try reproduce your problem.

That's why I suspect that your problem is not with the HDR but with the audio signal received, maybe your tv provider (or your external tv decoder) is sending a wrong audio signal to your HDR1 (a "fake" bicanal, stereo-mixed), then your HDR cannot split correctly those audio channels.

The HDR2 user manual indicates that HDR2 cannot record a real bicanal broadcast (mono1+mono2), if you want two languages you must store the program twice, one for each languaje.

Good luck

Santiago

• 07-03-2009 3:09 AM In reply to

Hallo all. It seems that it's not TV provider fault, because in case  when my MX8000 (B/G, L/L', D/K,I?)is connected directly (not trough the hdr1) the swiching of the languages is perfect. In my opinion it means that the malfunctionning is in the tuner. Mine is  TYPE 4640, (B/G). Might by the HDR1 TYPE 4640(B/G, L/L', D/K,I) would work correctly? Thanks. Gintas

• 07-03-2009 3:12 AM In reply to

Sorry.     .......Might by the HDR1 TYPE 4642(B/G, L/L', D/K,I) would work correctly? Thanks. Gintas

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)