in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2009 1:44 PM by burantek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-25-2009 1:24 PM

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Bredene near Ostend-Belgium
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

A story about a Beotalk 1200, buyed second hand...

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

Hi all,

I got lucky and had the change to buy a second hand, very well conditioned Beotalk 1200.

There were some faults on the machine, at first the cable between the set and the splitter was a cross-over cable, so the unit would not power-up. After changing this to a straight type cable, the unit powers-up.

Well done I said.

Next I connected the unit to the land line, and made a call to it. All went well, till I tried to listen to it. When I pushed the news or listening button, the unit just played the first 2-3 seconds and then it switched off completely, with a immediate switch-on again. I immediatly suspected the mains adaptor to be faulty, and my decision was right. It was a 7,5 Volts type, normally used on a Beocom 6000.

I put the Beotalk on a laboratory supply and moved after several testing and calls, the power slowly up to 12 volts, what seems to be the best voltage for a satisfying working condition at listening and max. Volume.

I had luckely in my garbage somewhere Whistle a spare 12 volts adapter for the unit.

My conclusion is:

I was lucky to have the technical luggage, to fix the Beotalk, but I have no technical details how much voltage the original mains adapter is. But I suspect it must be between 9 volts and 12 volts with around 500mA?

Anyway the unit is working now perfectly and I am a satisfied buyer, the only thing I miss is a wallbracket.

My lesson: You will have to be very carefull in buying second hand equipment

Yes, I kown my spelling is horrible… Huh?

• 06-25-2009 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: A story about a Beotalk 1200, buyed second hand...

Chris:

My conclusion is:

I was lucky to have the technical luggage, to fix the Beotalk, but I have no technical details how much voltage the original mains adapter is. But I suspect it must be between 9 volts and 12 volts with around 500mA?

Anyway the unit is working now perfectly and I am a satisfied buyer, the only thing I miss is a wallbracket.

My lesson: You will have to be very carefull in buying second hand equipment

I have purchased a 'New' Beotalk 1200 (i.e. boxed and not used) and I am still trying to sort out the splitter wiring etc.

The mains adapter says 9V 300mA 2.7VA

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-25-2009 1:44 PM In reply to

Re: A story about a Beotalk 1200, buyed second hand...

vikinguk:
    and I am still trying to sort out the splitter wiring etc.

Take a look here

The 1100 and 1200 are identical (I have both) w/ regards to the tridapter and the respective pinouts.

You can place it anywhere you wish and cut your RJ11 to suit.

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)