in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2009 6:20 AM by KingStreet. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2009 9:27 AM

BS9000 Scrolling Txt ??????

I have got a New BS9000, and i have noticed it has got scrolling txt on the Radio channels, when the txt scrolls it is missing various letters, when scrolling, should this happen, it might even miss out 7 x letters,  I take it the BS9000 has not got DAB ???

Has anybody experience this, could it be a faulty unit, i bought it in Jan 2009

Cheers Martin

• 06-24-2009 9:45 AM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Re: BS9000 Scrolling Txt ??????

may be the scrolling comes from the radio station.

The RDS data are send each seconds with the letter position  changed before  sending.

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 06-24-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

Mine scrolls on Nmusic, pretty much reads all the title as in itunes and its a mk2.

If you press the green button you get the name of the album aswell as artist and track title.

• 06-25-2009 3:21 AM In reply to

Are you serious? I thought only BeoCenter 2/BeoSound 4 could display detailed info in NMUSIC/NRADIO, if BS9000 does, then I might consider buying it on second hand.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 06-25-2009 3:28 AM In reply to

Yes mine does scroll, partly, its the Limited edition, does anyboby elses scroll txt ??? 

• 06-25-2009 6:44 AM In reply to

Some photos to illustrate:

Again, mine is a mk2, does not auto scroll and you have to press the yellow, blue, green and red buttons to get the information.

• 06-25-2009 8:08 AM In reply to

Thanks for the photo's, is this scrolling on N. Music ??.

When i put a cd on, txt comes up with the cd details, album, artists etc...  but say when i put Radio 2 on, txt starts to scroll across saying " Ste+ve  W+ight +n the af++rnoon" but with various letters missing. This comes straight off of my main FM ariel point.

Cheers Martin

• 06-25-2009 8:55 AM In reply to

mobeyone:

Mine scrolls on Nmusic, pretty much reads all the title as in itunes and its a mk2.

If you press the green button you get the name of the album aswell as artist and track title.

Hello mob,

I suppose you're using a beoport box connected to a mac computer which is running the Anders Odlund BM-Link software together with itunes.

Do you know if we can do the same using a PC and beoport software?

Thank you.

Santiago

• 06-25-2009 9:00 AM In reply to

Santiago:

Hello mob,

I suppose you're using a beoport connected to a mac computer which is running the Anders Odlund BM-Link software and itunes.

Do you know if we can do the same using a PC and beoport software?

Thank you.

Yes, thats correct.. should have added that!  I recall using this with my laptop which I am sure also displayed the same info, I will reconnect when I get a chance and let you know for sure.

SORRY! Just re-read the question and saw the op was asking about text on radio.. not cd etc! I dont get scrolling text on radio....

Whistle

• 06-25-2009 9:16 AM In reply to

mobeyone:
    I recall using this with my laptop which I am sure also displayed the same info, I will reconnect when I get a chance and let you know for sure.

Thanks a lot Mobey !!!  Yes -  thumbs up

1973miller:
    when i put Radio 2 on, txt starts to scroll across saying " Ste+ve  W+ight +n the af++rnoon" but with various letters missing. This comes straight off of my main FM ariel point.

Hi Martin,

I think it's only a weak tuning problem; does this happen with ALL the RDS radio stations you can tune?

1973miller:
    does anyboby elses scroll txt ???

Yes, my BS9000 mk2 (2001 model) usually scrolls very well RDS radio text, but among hundreds, I only can tune about 10 radio stations with RDS features;

however, sometimes (very rarely) it fails brefly during some bad reception radio signal.

Regards.

Santiago

• 06-25-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

If you want scrolling text from your FM radio and its not currently visable, then on the BS9000 control panel on the right hand Radio set of buttons press the OK button, and it will come up with TEXT.

If you have characters missing, then it is likely that your FM signal is not of good quality, if this has only recently started to happen, then it is likely that the weather conditions have affected the signal strength.

Regards Keith....

• 06-25-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

Thanks for that Keith, i was wondering if my BS9000 was the only one to do scrolling txt on Radio, i will have to boost the signal

Cheers Martin

• 06-25-2009 10:00 AM In reply to

1973miller:
    Thanks for that Keith, i was wondering if my BS9000 was the only one to do scrolling txt on Radio

Don't mention it Martin. Cool

Santiago

• 06-25-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

Thanks also Santiago, for your help with this problem. Its all sorted now...

• 06-25-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

There are times in my life that I have felt stupid and too embarrassed to admit it.  I have had my Beosound 9000 for 10 years and I want to confess my stupidity here and now.

Today, I have learned something about my 9000 that I had no idea it could do. Up until today I had only one radio station that would scroll the RDS info.  With Keith's little "how-to lesson" I just fell in love all over again!  ALL OF MY STATIONS NOW SCROLL the music info!!!

Thank you ALL!!

Roger

• 06-29-2009 10:32 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

I bought a car from new about 6 years ago and have only recently discovered that there is a discreet storage device under the dashboard. I only saw it when after a recent service, the mechanic had to re-set the service counter and plugged his laptop device in under the dashboard.

You just don't know what you don't know.

I wonder how many other bang & olufsen users are oblivious to some of the features of products that they have owned for many years.

Opman

• 06-29-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

Opman,

You point is a good one, because in my experience on average there is about 10% of functions available in typical B&O product which are not found in the user manual or covered in a manner which leaves the users asking "what is this function do ?".

Regards Keith....

• 06-29-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Keith

If on average 10% of functions are omitted from user guides, think how much the average user is missing out on. From my experience, very few actually read the guide at all.

Over the years the one of the most frequently asked questions must be "why does the red light flash on the BeoCom6000?" This is usually a rhetorical question as the the customer then incorrectly answers their own question by suggesting it is to indicate that the battery needs replacing. I guess the assumption is that a red flashing light is going to cost something to put right.

The other red flashing light favourite was on the Avant when a video tape is ejected but not removed. If a tape is left protruding from the built in vcr, the stand by led flashes when you turn the Avant off.

My other pet hate is to see a BeoSound9000 with discs upside down. I am a compulsive disc straightener. People don't know that the BeoSound9000 remembers the orientation of the disc. So if you put it in level, it will stop spinning within a degree of the same position.

Come to think of it you could write a book on this subject. You could even call it........ an "Instruction book"

Opman

• 07-03-2009 12:20 PM In reply to

"Come to think of it you could write a book on this subject. You could even call it........ an "Instruction book" "

Oi - You stole my joke !!!!

And..............  do you  remember a phone call a few years ago - when a very polite lady wondered what was behind the "little door" she had just noticed under her TV screen.

This was a few weeks after delivery of a nice new Avant ( via Mr Lucas ! Hmm

The little door was, of course, the VCR !!!  which she knew nothing about ???  That is a big function to overlook !

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 07-03-2009 6:50 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

DJ, I can't beleive you are still laying claim to that line after all these years ha ha.

Of course we shouldn't overlook that over great urban myth of the TV that follows you as you walk around the living room Whistle

How was Glasto? Didn't see your blue tent on the web cam but then to be absoluely honest, I forgot to look. Maybe next year.

Opman

• 07-04-2009 6:20 AM In reply to

It was a vintage year, for many reasons.

Saw some truly great performances - 3 Daft Monkeys, Springsteen, THe King Blues, Steve Knightley and (really) Status Quo being noteable...

Watching Neil Young sing Mansion on the Hill, hand in hand with Emily (sort of) singing along, was a true "moment".  The rest of his set was also amazing.  My goosebumps had their own goosebumps at times...

As I told her, I waited 30 years to see Neil Young, and she's only 12 !! 

Best Regards

David

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)