in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-28-2009 4:39 PM by moxxey. 41 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (42 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2009 4:56 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Are there NO overall happy owners og BV 7-40 MK IV?

Ehlerz:

Moxxey, we are generaly not disaggreeing on this issue. I am certain this will be fixed even though this ofcause should have been done before introducing the TV. You say your SKY HD signals worked without any issues in your linkrooms, that i do not understand. If your SKY box is connected through HDMI, this should as i am aware not be possible UNLESS the BS3 downscales it and distributes it as analoge.

Yes, of course it does - the RF system is analogue. So, it's being output as an analogue signal. By 'Sky HD working', I mean that the MKIII was able to share a Sky HD signal - analogue or digital, that's not the point - on my linkroom TVs, with a decent picture and sync'ed audio. The MKIV can't do this as successfully, yet it's a newer model.

• 06-26-2009 5:04 AM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

I don't understand why anyone would defend the problems with this TV!

You have paid the price of a small car for a TV - it should do EVERYTHING that the old one did + any new features the manufacturer has promised.

I don't watch BR discs so the stupid control method isn't a problem for me - WRONG

I don't intend to masterlink so link issues aren't a problem - WRONG

I don't watch that much SD content so the poor PQ isn't a problem - WRONG

If I buy a car that can do 200 MPH it doesnt matter if I never intend to do that speed - it SHOULD DO IT

Why some users insist on defending B&O as if B&O have paid them to take their good away and not the other way round, astounds me!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 06-26-2009 5:37 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

@ k984942:

Good point. I think it's the absolutely wrong way to defend B&O. I think everyone here in this forums decides knowingly for B&O equipment because we expect HIGH quality and HIGH reliability!

You pay  5 times the price for an audio-system or a TV and the manufacturer should fulfill EVERY aspect of this product to get a happy customer and therefore a high and good reputation to their customers.
    The "Made in Denmark" aspect was like a quality seal for the B&O products and  they're not able to produce such a quality anymore? Today? With technology, machines etc. beeing far more evolved than 10 years before? That can't be true.

I played with the Beovision 7 (DVD Version) at my dealer and the picture quality on SD is "ok", not more. There was no pro argument  why to change my Avant for this.

B&O has  to listen to their customers and bethink themselves to the old values we love that brand for! The stress test for new products should be made in Struer and not at customers home! Wink

And please don't tell me s.th. about not making enough money (like those so called "managers" do): The "old" products from B&O and other companies where made in their home countries; and the companies could survive because of what?
    Yes, happy customers that talk with proud about their working(!) new products! 

It's like "Hey, my new Porsche doesn't run more than 150km/h but that's ok, I can live with it!" Big Smile

• 06-26-2009 6:40 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

TWG:

B&O has to listen to their customers and bethink themselves to the old values we love that brand for! The stress test for new products should be made in Struer and not at customers home! Wink

Problem is, they don't. Every successful company communicates directly with their users, in one way or another. Some use their forums. B&O have even ditched these. Do we see anyone - I mean, anyone - from B&O Struer on these forums, pro-actively talking to their customers? I'm not saying they do not read the posts, but I'd be a) participating to some degree and b) in the worse cases, such as those BV7-40 MKIII sw issues, be PM'ing those customers for their phone number and would be on the phone saying that their situation is unforgivable, they realise that and they'll do X, Y and Z to sort it out.

They don't. There's only so much patience you can have in those situations.

We end users tend to be positive about our B&O kit as we've spent so much on the equipment, so we don't like to be negative. We think that, if we're negative, it might have a small detrimental rolling effect on the state of B&O as a company. There's some truth in that, I'd agree. However, the only reason I get like this is from a mix of frustration and sheer lack of any communication from the company, apart from via your local shop. Problem is, your local shop do not like to be negative as the long-term future of B&O will also dictate the long-term future of their dealership! So, dealers often say things like 'no-one else has any issues' and 'you are the only one with any problems'.

Funny thing is, about 8 months ago I was in my local dealer and there must have been 10 or so Beosound 3s that were either going back for repair or back from repair. Don't forget....I'm the only one with any problems! Where are all those Beosound 3s from then? :) Do they think we're stupid or something and we believe it when they claim no-one else has any issues? Bizarre.

• 06-26-2009 7:07 AM In reply to

Wow...this thread has gone mad......

How did we end up here??

I am NOT defending B&O at all, i am to frustrated with the issues apperantly present, but unlike many of you, i have not experienced the good old times when everything was working flawlessly, therefore my benchmark is quite different.

We should ALL at Beoworld, e-mail Kalle directly telling HIM about our frustrations.... Thinks has allready changed since he was introduced and hopefully will continue to do so. I myself think it is very positive that even the dealers are now frustrated, B&O has to listen to the ones selling their products...

The conclusion must be, YES B&O can do things better compared to the good old times, and YES B&O can do it better in general. BUT we need to let them know, either by telling them directly OR stop buying their products!!!!!!

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 06-26-2009 7:24 AM In reply to

• OKA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

Yes, I am using the keys on the outer perimeter directly.

I don't know if the codes are always the same on BEO4 and BEO5. I downloaded the software for BEO5 and selected BV7-40 MKIV with stand and DVB-HD  in the menu. 

Moxxey:

>That's the problem - we have to use an external Sky box. My other HDMI socket is used for the PS3. My BM5 is now connected via components, as I don't need 1080P mode. I still could do with another HDMI socket for the Apple TV, which is yet to be connected!

Perhaps it is possible to disconnect the the DVB-HD and use the socket for SKY instead?

• 06-26-2009 9:11 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes - you can configure the hard keys of the Beo5 too.

And yes - it is possible to disable the DVB HD module in the BV7-40 MKIV, sw 6.03. When disabled you can use the DTV button for external sources connected to AV ports. You can also disable TV and use TV button on Beo4 for external sources. To dis/enable the modules navigate to TV TUNER SETUP in the menu.

Stefan

• 06-26-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

Wow...this thread has gone mad......

We were asked if we're happy with our TVs and the thread is about whether we're happy or not and why aren't we happy. Hardly off-topic!

How do we let them know....if they're not prepared to interact with us?

• 06-26-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

OKA:

Perhaps it is possible to disconnect the the DVB-HD and use the socket for SKY instead?

It is, and that's possible, but the Sky HD box crashes my TV from time to time (HDCP issues?) so I ended up having to re-connect the DVB-HD!

• 06-26-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Hardly off-topic!

Well i did not mean that the thread had gone offtopic, just the fact that everyone has suddenly turned very angry at B&O. I am not saying you have no right to be angry, just dont think all of your comments are fair. I cant tell myself, well not yet anyway, but you seem to base most of your negative  comments on mailfunctions and missing woweffect of BS5 and 7-40 MKIV.Thats two products in a large productrange. Maybe you are right about this, time will tell when i get to experience these two products myself, until then i cant specific comment on all the issues you are telling me about.

How do you let them know about your unsatisfaction?? Well for starters how about returning the products you are not satisfied with, that is not difficult and thereby they will know about their failed products through rising returnpercentages...If you keep your products regardless of you are satisfied or not, i am sorry to say, but then B&O are not the stupid ones...WE are....

• 06-26-2009 3:42 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

Well i did not mean that the thread had gone offtopic, just the fact that everyone has suddenly turned very angry at B&O. I am not saying you have no right to be angry, just dont think all of your comments are fair.

That's your opinion of course. You forgot to add the Beosound 3 to your list. You also forget that I own a lot of the other products. My point was that many of the *recent* products, from about mid-2007, have sw issues. You can't have 'sw issues' with speakers. That rules them out. It's far easier to have sw issues with a TV, as you have to account for various TV standards, connected STBs etc.

Returning is only possible if the dealer makes it easy for you. Think about it. You can't just walk in to the store with a BV7-40 and drop it on their desk. The dealer has to go through a selection of testing procedures first. In my case, I'm receiving another BV7-40 MKIV before I make a final decision.

BTW you don't have to reply to every single comment you know. Just because you started the thread, the replies aren't personally directed to you :)

• 06-26-2009 4:32 PM In reply to

moxxey:

BTW you don't have to reply to every single comment you know. Just because you started the thread, the replies aren't personally directed to you :)

Really????, thought i had to :-)

I know they are not directed to me, however i started the thread because i have a personal interest in exactly the TV being discussed so i feel like i have to participate... Was not aware of the "Maximum reply per thread" rule, and even though a very famous, now sadly deceased, singer once sang "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough", i have apparently used up my quota so i promise not to reply to anyone in the future :-)

Have a nice weekend everyone, and cheer up..

• 06-28-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

I can't speak to the MKIV, but our MKIII has performed flawlessly with one exception  that was hardware related. B and O immediately sent two techinicians out who fixed the problem, two technicians who had to travel 180 miles to our home. We have a large amount of B and O, all purchased in the last 10 years and have always been happy with the performance and durability of the products. They all do exactly what they are advertised to and are expected to. I have always had excellent service from the dealer as well as B and O itself directly. They have always been willing to respond and answer questions.

Ehlerz, I agree with you about the amount of anger in posts. With friends like some of the posts, B and O does not need enemies, to paraphrase an old cliche'.

Hopefully you will return to posting and not be chased off by someone accusing you of posting too many replys, particularly when by my  count you only posted 10 replys in this topic while another posted 14. Somewhat hypocrytical to complain that you are posting too much, something you definetly were NOT doing. That is what forums are for, posting. It would be very sad if you chose to not post again in your own thread based upon one person's views.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-28-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw:

Ehlerz, I agree with you about the amount of anger in posts. With friends like some of the posts, B and O does not need enemies, to paraphrase an old cliche'.

Clearly that's directed at me Razlaw. Shall we compare how much B&O kit we own? Do you want to discuss what we've bought over the last 18 months? It's not a question of how much or little we own.

I think you clearly misunderstand being kind and frustration. If we didn't like B&O, we wouldn't buy the kit nor would we be on here. It's not all sweetness and love - if that's all you want to hear, then look elsewhere, as you won't get that on any forum. However, I'm realistic. If my MKIII and MKIV have caused quite a few sw issues, I'm not going to sit back and accept the issues, I want B&O to take more responsibility.

You and I will never see eye to eye. That's clear. However, you're very much mistaken if you believe that we're 'enemies' of B&O because we're more outspoken than others. I do wonder how you've become so successful - and must have to be in your position - without the ability to fight for your rights and encourage others to meet higher standards.

On a sidenote, I wasn't having a go at Ehlerz, far from it. I'm simply stating if one starts a discussion, one isn't obliged to reply to every comment, as if that comment was directed at them! It isn't. If you start a discussion point, we're just discussing that point - that point is whether we're happy or not and, if we're not, why not.

• 06-28-2009 3:32 PM In reply to

moxxey:

On a sidenote, I wasn't having a go at Ehlerz, far from it. 

No Hard feelings at all, i appreciate all of your input.. 

• 06-28-2009 3:36 PM In reply to

Nice to hear about your perceived satisfaction with B&O Raslaw. I have myself also only had positive experiences with B&O. As you, every product i own works as it is supposed to. I hope i will be as satisfied with my new tv as you are with yours. I promise to write about it when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

• 06-28-2009 4:39 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

Nice to hear about your perceived satisfaction with B&O Raslaw. I have myself also only had positive experiences with B&O. As you, every product i own works as it is supposed to.

BTW, I had absolutely no technical problems with my BV7-32 MKI and supported it positively on this board, when many others said the screen was too dark (it was ;).

I'm getting a new BV7-40 MKIV soon. It's clear mine is a lemon. I'll report back when it gets replaced.

Page 2 of 2 (42 items) < Previous 1 2