in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2009 4:50 PM by beocool. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2009 4:54 AM

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

The road I suppose most Beovision CRT will go...

I stumpled over this Beovision 5500 the other day before the garbage men came and picked it up, no Terminal present...

I didn't bring it home, no room and no real need for it... I suppose we just have to live with the fact that these sets are getting old and will be scrapped...

best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 06-24-2009 5:14 AM In reply to

Re: The road I suppose most Beovision CRT will go...

The problem with these '80s and older TVs is that television/video has advanced a lot since they were new. Nowadays mono audio and a small screen mean that they can't be enjoyed that much, even though the picture might still be technically great (most programming is widescreen nowadays, and a 21-26" 4:3 can really be too small even if it serviced fine 10 years ago in the same setup). Whereas CDs are still just as good as they were 25 years ago, and FM stereo hasn't changed in more than 40 years!

So as long as there are still working examples of these TVs somewhere and at least some of the scrapped units will act as spare part donors, I'm not all that sad...

-mika

• 06-24-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

The problem with Beovisions are that they get to old to quickly.

I see the '80s Beovisions in thrift shops in the city I'm living in not costing alot.

I can remember the time (late '80s) when it was hard to find secondhand tv's for computer use.

If working these tv's could be great for kidrooms etc.

My AV9000 is from 1998. It's been for sale for some weeks but no one is calling me. The price is fair compared to the others.

Anyway I was thinking for an 11 year old tv the price is low for something that cost the same as 7-40. I wonder what the price will be for an 11 year old 7-40 and when it will be seen in thrift shops.

• 06-24-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

I spotted a nice LX a year ago waiting for the garbage men. Like you I didn't have the need for it...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)