in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-10-2009 12:18 PM by Stonk. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2009 1:43 PM

Beosound 3 broken for the secondtime!

My beosound 3 is broken for the second time!!Angry same problem again.

Does anyone know what the modifications are for this radio??

Is this still warranty,because this is well known problem.

The official warranty is past two months (28 april- 2006)

• 06-22-2009 3:14 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 3 broken for the secondtime!

I would be surprised if B&O did not fix this under warranty if it is the same problem. B&O is usually extremely sympathetic in that regard.

• 06-22-2009 4:41 PM In reply to

Koning, what is the symptoms? my BS3 was serviced because the buttons stopped working. Got it back now, and it works perfectly. Good to know if the problem can come back.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 06-22-2009 5:00 PM In reply to

Yes,the buttons stopped working and the radio didn't want to go in standby.

Strange thing happend .....when I turned the radio on after 2 hours everything works fine againHuh?

I don't know it anymoreConfused

• 06-22-2009 7:49 PM In reply to

My BS3 has been experiencing problems too and its currently back with B&O. My dealer (Bath) are fantastic with customer service so I don't mind if something goes wrong because they always do their very best to get it right for me and I can't ask more than that. I hope you find the same with your dealer. The BS3 does seem to have various problems, some known and others surfacing now. If its under warranty then you really have nothing to worry about, just take it back. I bought the majority of my purchases when the guarantees were extended to 4 years so I am covered for another 2 years at least, which its turning out is a good thing!

Would be interested to know if you ever experience any light shocks when charging? Also, how long your charge lasts for? The buttons on the top panel are a known issue and B&O should replace/fix that for free.

Wish you all the best.

Simon.

• 06-23-2009 4:17 AM In reply to

For what it'sworth I had exactly the same problem, I assumed it was because my cleaner did something to it (she uses it when cleaning) but then took it to my dealer in Hampstead (London), who are fantastic, and they said it was a known problem. Recived it back after a week and it is working fine now.

• 06-23-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

Broken againSad

I have to visit my dealer.

• 06-23-2009 8:20 PM In reply to

Take it back Koning and let us know how it behaves when it gets back to you.

Simon.

• 06-24-2009 5:13 AM In reply to

There are 2 modifications dependant on type number, the first is a SW update via the SD card slot and the second is a replacemnet top lid.  I suspect that they tried the SW update first (in some cases this can appear to solve the issue) now that it has failed again it is deffinately in need of a new top lid ie. button pad. 

• 07-10-2009 9:04 AM In reply to

The_Beonic_Man:

Take it back Koning and let us know how it behaves when it gets back to you.

Simon.

Everything works fine again.Smile

The top lid has been replaced.

Peter was right.......free of charge!!!

• 07-10-2009 9:25 AM In reply to

I thought I was the only one experiencing this!Angry

• 07-10-2009 12:18 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

I wanted one of these when they were launched and asked a dealer to call me when they came in. Never got the call and never got one. Sort of glad I didn't now. Unsure

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)