in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2009 7:37 PM by Evan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2009 1:26 PM

• VP500
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beolab 8000 speakers use with a different TV

I currently have the Beolab 8000 speakers paired up with my Beovision 9000 that I purchased a few years ago. I went to the B&O store and they advised that I will not be able to use the speakers with any other system except B&O tvs. For some reason, I didn't believe them. I tried doing research but really couldn't find a suitable answer so I figured I come to the experts and see what possible solutions were out there. So really, I just want to use my 8000 speakers with a different tv because frankly, I can't justify spending $20k for a plasma.

Thanks!

• 06-30-2009 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 8000 speakers use with a different TV

This is very simple.  You can connect the speakers directly to the TV on the 8000's line inputs, provided your TV has an audio output that can be set to a variable output and the internal speakers can be turned off.

• 07-21-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Hmmm, if your dealer is serious, I'd consider finding a different dealer (because either they misunderstood you, or they don't know B&O very well). The Beolab 8000s, can certainly be paired with non B&O equipment if you use the RCA inputs (line in) jacks, and make sure the input switch is set to Line. Be sure that you are connecting them to the pre-outs of your reciever. That's the best way to use B&O speakers with non B&O equipment. Get a receiver with pre-outs and connect your speakers with RCA cables into their LINE inputs. The unfortunate thing is that virtually no televisions come with line out jacks for audio/speakers. Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 07-30-2009 7:37 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

...and usually if they do its just the a/v signal that needs to be amped and split by another reciever, at least in my experience.

And I think that the aforementioned B&O dealer was just trying to get a few more bucks out of you, because of B&O's proprietary nature, except for this case of course.

Welcome by the way, happy posting!

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)