in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2009 2:20 AM by nmartin771. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2009 3:56 AM

Non B&O Speakers for Besound 9000

For the past 18 months I have had a Beosound 9000 sitting in my living room, and no speakers connected - I know a crime in itself.

Anyway I have been looking at what speakers would be best for my situation and frankly I'm more confused now that when I started.  I am looking for good value speakers that will be used for a range of music from Jazz: Nina Simone, John Coltrane,Oscar Peterson et all, through to Rock & Pop - think Lilly Allen meets AC/DC.

I love the look of the BeoLab 6000 & 8000, but reviews have been unkind and price wise a little steep (I spent all of my budget on the BS9000).  Posts to the forum suggest B&W XT and the TP Tube a good alternative. 

I would be interested to hear your thoughts and comments on speaker selection (also if you think the reviews of the BeoLab 6000/8000 are not a true reflection on the speakers)

Regards

Jeff

• 06-21-2009 4:11 AM In reply to

Re: Non B&O Speakers for Besound 9000

Welcome to the forum !

JeffreyIEvans:

For the past 18 months I have had a Beosound 9000 sitting in my living room, and no speakers connected - I know a crime in itself.

Surprise

So, please don't believe everything you read, cos in the terms of speaker it is always personal opinion ....

First you should hear before you buy ! and choose what suits your ears the best !

For me, I would always suggest B&O speakers for BS9000!

Music that you will be listening is a perfect for BL8000 !!! You will read from most of reviews that is lack of bass in BL8000... IMHO that is not true. I have BL8000 and listening almost same music like you are and they are perfect !!! I use them without sub and sound is beautiful in my taste !

You can go for also for BL3, they are really good with AL technologies and little cheaper than BL8000.

I will not suggest you BL6000.... they are small and sound is realy lack of bass !

So, try before you buy, and good luck Smile

Try to considerate BL3 ! They are really amassing ! and not that expencive !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 06-21-2009 4:58 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

I would suggest a pair of B&O speakers to, but if you want a non-B&O pair I should buy passive speakers. Just connect a power amp to the powerlinks and you can choose out of 10000000 other speakers.

The B&W XT series will look fine and so wil some of the Revox or Piega's speakers.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 06-21-2009 5:58 PM In reply to

The BL 3 have a Great Sound for a such a small speaker  and think you will be surprised if/when you Listen and the BL8000 are good too  if  your after something a little Bigger and the thing is try before you buy.

Let YOUR EARS do the Listening and good luck what ever you do!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 06-22-2009 12:38 AM In reply to

Thanks for the IMHO.  It is good to hear positive feedback on the BL8000's.  I would love to hear the BL3000's but not sure that opportunity will come up.  I would assume that For Sale area in the forum or eBay would be good places to look for pre-loved speakers?

Appreciate your and other forum users feedback on this.

Regards,

Jeff

• 06-22-2009 2:20 AM In reply to

Try www.lifestyle-av.co.uk or www.iconic-av.co.uk

They are great, bought from both and I'm really satisfied !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)