in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-18-2009 3:03 PM by saf. 52 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2009 7:05 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Whats the best item you ever bought from B&O ?

Best item: BL8000. Definitely!

Worst item: Beo5; I never use it with my current setup. (probably not the remote's fault)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-16-2009 7:09 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

My wife is using as well !

And I'm really sad that I can not use iPhone, I have big fingers ! Sad

I bought iPod classic recently, and I made mistake, I should get Ipod touch ....

Are you aware that the iPhone's keyboard actually expands the characters "it" thinks you're going to type, as it guesses given what you've already typed. True - the keyboard is predictive, and the touchpad area expands beyond the area drawn around the characters, precisely to accommodate larger fingers.

Also, with 3.0, the keyboard will rotate to landscape format when you're typing e-mails and sms, which will also increase the working area. That will also go for the iPod Touch you should have bought. Big Smile

===

Best B&O - a tough one. I can still remember my sheer joy when I bought my first B&O, a Beocenter 7700. Seeing the stylus drop and hearing the sound was magic - my first remote for an audio unit! Have had a good B&O history as far as products go, I'm very picky before I buy and try things out.

Worst B&O I almost bought - the Serene.

• 06-16-2009 8:47 PM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Best - Beo4

Worst - Beoport closely followed by A8's, I just don't find them comfortable and the sound quality is very ordinary...look good though!

• 06-16-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Best from B&O would be my Avant DVD RF in dark grey. Best bargain would be from trademe (we don't have ebay here) where I got a totally mint condition MX7000 pearly black with motorised floorstand for $300 NZD ;o )

• 06-16-2009 11:51 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The BEST b&o item... very tough!

No, i absolutely can not choose. I equally love all of the B&O i've owned BV3-32, BC1, Beo4, BS1, BS4, A8, BS2, BL4000 and BL1.

And i very much love the serene, the design and performance. It has however started to become glitchy, deleted all of my sms's last night, couldn't believe it.

Actually, the worst B&O that i've owned, was the Ouverture. Rubbish build materials and sound quality. But i still loved it for it's glamorous design

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-17-2009 2:07 AM In reply to

Best product for me is the Beosystem 7000 incl Beolink 7000. After all these years it's still working perfectly.

Worst: Definitely the DVD-1. Bad moving parts that have been replaced several times.

Piet

• 06-17-2009 2:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Piet van der Zalm:

Worst: Definitely the DVD-1. Bad moving parts that have been replaced several times.

Piet

Sorry to read this. Do you have the model with the older mechanism? Isn't the later type supposed to be much better (after 2004)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-17-2009 3:32 AM In reply to

best : avant and the beocom 2 which i love , also beotalk 1200 which is amazing imo

worst ; i never actually had one , but a friend did - a beocentre 2000 - 2002 ? utterly awful and no way should it have had the bno badge , garbage

popgear is grate™

• 06-17-2009 4:55 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Best: BL9, they are really awesome in performance and looks.

Worst: Serenata. Could never get used to it. I actually like Serene, which I owned before Serenata.

Best vintage: Beomaster 4400, what a slick, bold amplifier.

Worst vintage: Can't really spot anyone.

Gustavo

• 06-17-2009 6:09 AM In reply to

For me my favourite purchase has been my Beovox S45-2s, bought as a stop-gap until I could afford better B&O speakers I no longer feel any need to replace them.

Worst buy was a Beocenter 2000 that ended up in the skip as it was in such terrible condition, but I can't really complain as it came in the same transaction as my S45-2's for a grand total of £16!

Simon

• 06-17-2009 6:13 AM In reply to

• glennp
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-20-2008
    • Christchurch, New Zealand
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Love my BS9000 & BS/BM5 MOTS works better than I thought it would

• 06-17-2009 6:30 AM In reply to

soundproof:

nmartin771:

My wife is using as well !

And I'm really sad that I can not use iPhone, I have big fingers ! Sad

I bought iPod classic recently, and I made mistake, I should get Ipod touch ....

Are you aware that the iPhone's keyboard actually expands the characters "it" thinks you're going to type, as it guesses given what you've already typed. True - the keyboard is predictive, and the touchpad area expands beyond the area drawn around the characters, precisely to accommodate larger fingers.

Also, with 3.0, the keyboard will rotate to landscape format when you're typing e-mails and sms, which will also increase the working area. That will also go for the iPod Touch you should have bought. Big Smile

===

Best B&O - a tough one. I can still remember my sheer joy when I bought my first B&O, a Beocenter 7700. Seeing the stylus drop and hearing the sound was magic - my first remote for an audio unit! Have had a good B&O history as far as products go, I'm very picky before I buy and try things out.

Worst B&O I almost bought - the Serene.

I made mistake buying iPod classic, but now I need to use to it, and learn from my mistake ... Smile

As for fingers, I think engineer's from apple never saw fingers like mine Smile  .... even with landscape mode is hard to type .... I know it sounds odd but this is true .... Smile

Actually Serene IMO was the biggest mistake for B&O ! Expensive mistake !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 06-17-2009 7:53 AM In reply to

Best:               BeoSound 9000   - stunning performance, incredible looks.

Worst:             Beo 5                   - utter rubbish, rip off price.

------------------------- Looking forward to the Summer!
  • 06-17-2009 11:57 AM In reply to

fine, let me tip the cart! i love my serene(s)!!! people that know i am an applefan are shocked that i do not have an iphone (perhaps someday - i do use an itouch for remoting though). the serene simply does everything i need in a phone, and does it elegantly -and so far, w/o any issues whatsoever.

at any rate...

best: bm2400 -nothing more, nothing less! the definitive all-time b&o statement (IMHO, of course) -i have one on every day -all day! Wink

worst: wow, i love everything, but likely the beocenter 2200 -even perfect, it was not very good. i have made it my 6 year old's first piece of b&o...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-17-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Best B&O item--------    Serene.  Sod you all!Wink

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-17-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

Best B&O item--------    Serene.  Sod you all!Wink

I just waited for Andy to say this Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 06-17-2009 12:36 PM In reply to

Best
    Beosystem 7000, it looks good, the CD-player is excellent and I love the Beolink 7000 which is the best gadget I've ever seen. Very close second are my Beolab 3's. They sound amazing, even though on some tracks I think they are a bit lacking in bass. I might trade up to Beolab 9's someday.

Worst
    Beosystem 2300. I find the glass doors annoying in daily use. But I still like it...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 06-17-2009 1:45 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Best:

BeoSound 9000; pure magic !

Worst: Difficult to answer, but if I had to pick one:

BeoTalk 1200; I still use it and it looks ok and works, but operation is very difficult (not up to B&O standards)

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 06-17-2009 1:53 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Best: 1) Serenata, 2) BL 5, 3) BV9

Worst: 1) BeoMedia 1, 2)V8000 

Roger

• 06-17-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

Roger:

Best: 1) Serenata, 2) BL 5, 3) BV9

Worst: 1) BeoMedia 1, 2)V8000 

Roger

Interesting ..... Serenata before BL5 and BV9 ! Hmm

• 06-17-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

I guess a comment is due: I do not use it is as a smartphone, I hardly text but talk a lot Embarrassed When I am stuck in a hotel somewhere - the ability to pop up the speaker and take a warm bath while I listen to some great music is simply wonderful. Sad to say that I listen to more music through the Serenata than the BL5´s Travel

Roger

• 06-17-2009 2:54 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Best - it started my B&O passion. Beocenter 7700 from 1986, still working today as on first day

worst - remote key fob - flimsy, not worth it

• 06-17-2009 4:39 PM In reply to

for me its the Beocom 2 my boyfriend bought me on our 1yr anniversry, but my first ever purchase was RL1000 @ £200 back in 1993 it took me 2years to save for them.

Jon

• 06-17-2009 5:57 PM In reply to

Best item for picture and sound: Avant 32 DVD. Best value: pre-owned BC1 (little used for £420 with Beocord V8000). Worst item: the video stand that came with the BC1 which I replaced with a wall mount from Lifestyle. (I've removed the stub support from the video stand and it now makes a great side unit with the V8000 on top and the freeview/cable boxes below- so maybe it's not a worst item after all!)

As for the Serene love-hate relationships above- it's actually a great phone for calls and texts but not great value.  As I've said in other threads, the camera is easy to use if you look down at the display (like an old twin lens reflex camera), and despite its resolution/size limitations and no flash it's incredibly good in low light situations.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-17-2009 6:31 PM In reply to

• msinn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-11-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

The best product: BeoVision 9

The worst: none, my B&O dealer kept me from buying those (like DVD2, BeoMedia1)

msinn

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >