in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2009 3:09 AM by Keith Saunders. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2009 5:55 AM

Blue Screen with Beo5 Config Tool

Hi.

I hope you can help me. When i try to edit my Beo5 the Tool always crushes with a Blue Screen.

I have the newest Tool and I don't know why my Windows XP with the 3.00-Tool won't write to my Beo5.

Can I reset the Beo5 complete to the factory settings? My Beo5 is not new,it was in use but the Zones are

of course different at my home. I tried to update my USB-Drivers (NVidia) but the drivers are the newest.

One note:The Beo5 Tool starts to write the File for the Beo5 on my PC, up to now no Problem.

But when the tool wants to write to the Beo5, Bluescreen and Reboot of the PC.

Sorry for my not perfect English.. Hope you can understand what is my Problem.

Greetings from Germany - Bonn

-Dirk-

• 06-16-2009 6:50 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: Blue Screen with Beo5 Config Tool

Hi

If you got access to another computer then you could try on that one, that might be an easy way around the problem.

best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 06-16-2009 8:16 AM In reply to

You're gettin a classic USB critical failure in windows, due to incompatibilities between beo5 drivers and your PC/Notebook USB hardware-software.

Try another USB connection (maybe an expander or external USB hub) or even another computer as Christian said before.

Good luck.

Santiago

• 06-17-2009 10:25 AM In reply to

Hi! I tryed an other Computer. Different Problems - the other Computer was with Vista64Bit and the Tool won't even Start.. With the "Old" PC I tryed an USB-Hub but it don't work. When I try to write to the Beo5 the Tool says "Serilization Succeed but with errors" Error is: ERROR: [933] "ZONES\BEOLIVING\BEOSYSTEM3\DVD\STANDBY" hardKey REL target "ZONES\BEOLIVING\BEOSYSTEM3" not found Beo 5 configuration parsed. Nr of buttons =640 What does it say to me? Greetings Dirk
  • 06-17-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

Dirk "Sherlock" H.:
    With the "Old" PC I tryed an USB-Hub but it don't work. When I try to write to the Beo5 the Tool says "Serilization Succeed but with errors" What does it say to me?

Hi Dirk,

What I can confirm to you: is that your USB fatal error is already SOLVED by using the USB-Hub!!!! Smile 

no crash "blue window" = USB problem solved. Wink and that's good news.

This first USB CRITICAL problem definitely overcome... now your "serialization problem" is a MINOR problem, in fact, try to use your Beo5, probably even with serialization errors it would work fine Cool

Dirk "Sherlock" H.:
    I tryed an other Computer. Different Problems - the other Computer was with Vista64Bit and the Tool won't even Start..
    Yes, that's a different problem indeed.

Some computers have issues Vista-Beo5configtool. I'm not a Vista user, so cannot help much here, sorry.Sad

Good luck.

Santiago

• 06-17-2009 12:38 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

One minor clarification.  Not all serialization errors can be ignored.  *Most* serialization errors I've run into do not seem to impact the operation of the Beo5.  You just click "ok" at the "download anyway" prompt.  The config loads and the Beo5 works fine. However, I have also seen the Beo5 crash after loading a config with a serialization error.  Unfortunately, I don't recall what the serialization error was that did this.  I would guess there are nasty serialization errors and not so nasty ones.

Always keep a backup of a working configuration.xml.  Once you have a good backup, then, to my knowlege, there is no risk in loading a config with serialization errors to see if it works.  If it doesn't work, you can just reload your old one - and then figure out what the problem is...

Stan

• 06-18-2009 3:37 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Serialization errors usually appear after deleting buttons or moving them up or down in the hierarchy
    (source level). Hide the buttons instead! If you want to move a button into another level make a copy
    of it and leave (and hide) the original one. Also while creating a configuration try to process as follows:

- create zones
    - start adding products in the main room
    - add a video master (TV) - do not edit product options yet
    - add video sources and set sources logical connections (V.AUX, ...)
    - add audio master
    - add speakers
    - edit product options if necessary
    - proceed to next room/zone

Avoid changes in zones/products configuration after editing buttons!

• 06-19-2009 3:09 AM In reply to

Dirk,

The configuration Tool will NOT work on 64 bit Vista systems.

Please be aware that if your PC uses SIS USB controller or mother board which uses the SIS USB chipset it will not work and depending on configuration may give you the blue screen.

With regards to serialisation errors, I support Gerd's comments on the subject and I would say never accept to download a configuration with serialisation errors, whilst it may appear to work and may be apparently be problem free from a user view point, your problems will almost certainly start next time you make a future configuration change.

The key issue is that the Configuration Tool is poor at correctly deleting XML variables or moving them between hierarchy levels, so the number one rule is NEVER delete anything, just hide unwanted items.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)