in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2009 5:09 PM by darren. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2009 6:08 PM

Trip to Struer

Last Wednesday/Thursday I went on the B&o trip to Denmark organised by Gavin Sykes ( B&o of Leicester ) . Best day out I have had in a long while , the organisation and hospitality was second to none .

We arrived late on Wednesday night at the Hotel , after breakfast we were take to the factory and was warmly welcomed . In the morning we had a tour of the machine shop , polishing , adonising and assembly . The care and attention to detail and quality is impressive, I have a machine shop and I would find it very difficult to get approved to be a supplier, the standards they require and set are so high . After an excellent lunch at the factory it was off to the R&D section , first the speaker section then the video . The tour ended with a demonstration of the 103 in. Plasma , for a screen of that size the picture quality was truly amazing , they had 6 lab5’s with it to do it justice . If I had the money ( about £85,000 ) and a floor to take half a ton I would place an order without hesitation .

My thanks to Gavin for this trip that also included the Museum and Quistrup , if you get the chance to go on a trip like this I recommend you go . I now appreciate my B&o collection even more .

Richard

• 06-14-2009 6:15 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Trip to Struer

Sounds really interesting!

I imagine the 103"-screen experience with the 6 BL5 was really impressing. I hope to have the oportunity to visit the farm sometime too!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-14-2009 6:17 PM In reply to

Ahhh, sounds like an excellent trip! 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 06-15-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

The BeoWorld trip to Struer was really amazing and I understand you enjoyed your trip so much Yes -  thumbs up

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 06-15-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

Emmanuel92:

The BeoWorld trip to Struer was really amazing and I understand you enjoyed your trip so much Yes -  thumbs up

Will there be another one any time soon? The first one was a couple of years ago now and I would have gone were it not for moving house around the same time...

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-15-2009 2:58 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

[Will there be another one any time soon? The first one was a couple of years ago now and I would have gone were it not for moving house around the same time...

I was wondering about this a few weeks ago.  Having not been aware of Beoworld when the last trip seemed to take place, I would be interested if another one was on the cards

Cleve

• 06-15-2009 5:09 PM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

I would be keen for a trip to Struer, only an 8 hour drive for me now.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)