in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-11-2007 4:19 PM by matheyl. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2007 9:15 PM

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

Looking for; Earset 2 experience & new mobile phone ideas

Interested to hear opinions about the Earset 2 and how people find using it.

I assume there is no problem using it with other phones than Serene - any known model/compatibility issues that i should be aware off as it's pretty expensive piece to find out it will not work

Anyone been able to use their Earset 2 with their computer? like to switch using the E2 between mobile and  office computer where we use Avaya's IP software phone.

Simultaneously I'm on the hunt for a new mobile phone.....currently have the Nokia 8800 now (which I'm sorely disappointed with as i didn't read the specs on battery life when buying it...you would assume any new phone lasts more then 60min of talk time Angry

Worth wile to hang out for the Serenata? I  mainly use my phone for  calling and SMS....could only be interested in MP3 if it could be connected to my car stereo....otherwise i use my computer or BS2 when being on the road.....so I'm mainly into fashion and a sleek form factor thats easy to carry around

Cheers

Klas

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

Filed under:
  • 06-03-2007 1:46 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Looking for; Earset 2 experience & new mobile phone ideas

Mine works fine.

I use it with a Nokia 9500 Communicator. The sound is fine, and it's easy to answer a call or turn on and off with the small switch in the back of the unit. I charge it overnight.

Zero experience with a PC, but the PC is connected to my Beoport and BS 3200 which at that point I would rather listen to without anything in the ear.

One observation is that when switching the ES 2 off for the night, the Nokia 9500 sometimes reverts to Bluetooth ON mode: I just have to monitot it for a minute before it also goes into the charger. If it comes on again, I just turn it off for the second and final time.

• 06-03-2007 3:53 AM In reply to

I use my Earsat2 with my Sony Ericsson K800i and it works very well.

Sound quality is good and reproduction is excellent for me and the person at the other end. The only areas where I have found that the noise cancelling does not really work is a high frequencies, in fact it seems to amplify the noise, rare this situation is, I found one place it happens every time, is when I am ordering my coffee and they produce the hot milk with the steam generator, the noise even at a distance kills the conversation.

Conclusion, very good product, talk time excellent, charge time excellent, fixing of the wall mounting for charging was poor

Regards Keith....

• 06-03-2007 8:14 AM In reply to

I've just lost my 8800 on a work trip to New Zealand, to say I was gutted is an understatement.  That and being on the other side of the planet without a mobile was a nightmare, although I did feel strangely liberated to be uncontactable!

I'm interested in earset 2 as well for both phone and mac, although not sure what to replace my 8800 with.  I agree the battery life was appalling, but I loved the phone for its simplicity and style.... just seen an 8600 advertised in GQ, has anyone got any experience of it?

• 06-03-2007 6:39 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Keith;

With all the good advice you offer all of us, we ought to save you the noise on your ES 2 and buy you a Super Automatic Coffee machine. I'll even send you the coffee beans from Brasil.

• 06-04-2007 2:35 AM In reply to

Swiss 2,

I am more than happy to receive coffee beans from Brasil, but I must stop talking on the phone when ordering coffee in a cafe.

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2007 8:39 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

As to the Nokia 8800 Im on my 4th replacement. All seem to illiminate for no reason and the audio quality is bad. here is a part review--

The battery life of the 8800 is really quite poor. It does improve after a few full charging cycles, but is shockingly bad in the early days. Memory is adequate at 64 Mbytes, but not really sufficient to make full use of the video and music features of the phone. A memory card would have unlocked the full capabilities of the phone.

We do have to criticise the audio quality of the 8800. The sound quality is not up to standard. For a phone in this price bracket, that's pretty shocking. Nokia should have got the basics right.

Overall, the 8800 does its job. It impresses. It's a stunningly beautiful phone that looks good, is lovely to hold, and does enough to hold its own against the competition. If style is what matters to you, then you may love the Nokia 8800, but there are too many issues to ignore, particularly battery life and poor audio quality. It could have been a five star phone, but doesn't make the grade.

Have a look at the LG prada phone and sony 880I ive got both and far better offering than the Nokia

• 06-05-2007 1:20 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Keith;

Check your PM.

Back to the discussion at hand. Bluetooth cellphones.

Smaller, lighter, easier, but the screens are too small for long term photos or video clips. Unless one carries a magnifying glass around and likes to squint a lot.

The review you attached above doesn't sound too promising. Blackberry and Treo had the same up then down experience. So, one might think that with B&O doing joint projects with Samsung, the question of compatibility and " ironing the bugs out " may have already been acomplished. Other than the Serene, is there any Samsung model that might be of interest ?

• 06-05-2007 7:14 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

looks like really good feedback on the Earset 2....any have any expereince connecting it with their PC using booth the mic and mono audio?

Thx as always

Klas

• 06-07-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

Well i bought the EarSet 2 today and the new Nokia batteries PB6x which has increased battery life.....so today i'm a verry happy man :)

On top of that and after 5hr's of fidelling around with the PC; i can now use the ES2 together with skype wandering around in my apartment talking handsfree - awesome experience

For people intrested on how - have a read here ; http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/uncrippling-bluetooth-in-vista-rtm/ 

• 06-08-2007 10:14 AM In reply to

• the_shdw
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Did you buy the battery for the Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition BP-6X?

I get quite poor battery life out of my standard 8800 batteries (like everyone else, I'm sure) so I'd be interested in seeing how much of an improvement the Sirocco batteries provide. Having said that, I do like the phone; the battery life is my only complaint about it.

• 06-08-2007 12:42 PM In reply to

Klas,

How did you like the big black box it came in, the box must have cost almost as much as many ear pieces from other manufacturers.

Regards Keith....

• 06-08-2007 1:12 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

If you look at the reviews of the 8800 scirroco you will find that battery life is still classed as apalling for this price of phone.

I tried all the batteries but in the end gave up. In addiiton I find the audio quality very poor

• 06-10-2007 4:46 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

Funny you mentioned it Keith....the box was absolutley fantastic and the unpacking experience was unreal- got very excited and it was incredibly done - best buy after the BL'5s

I got the BP-6X batter and its a big improvement - agrees its still under all criticism - but its best looking phone out on the market.......got my batteries cheap from this e-bay  seller: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/e_cell

Audio quality of the phone not the best, but with the Earset 2....well not really an issue anymore :D

• 06-11-2007 1:18 PM In reply to

• the_shdw
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thanks. Will get one of those batteries once my 8800 battery gets even worse. They still last me about 2-3 days at the moment. I agree that the 8800 is the best looking phone on the market at the moment (even in comparison to the 8600) - too bad the battery is naf.
  • 06-11-2007 4:19 PM In reply to

• matheyl
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • French Alps
    • Posts 228
    • Founder

Hi,

You should consider waiting for a couple of monthes, and get an Iphone... That handy looks great, it seems easy to operate through its tactile screen, I suppose that, as a MP3 player, it can easily be connected to a car stereo, and, icing on the cake, it provides internet access through wifi connection, which is in my opinion a major feature.

I'll try to get one when in the US in July...

Cheers, Laurent.

Avant 28 DVD, BC2, 2300, BL2500, 8000, to name a few...

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)