in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2010 11:18 AM by Lol. 58 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2009 7:50 AM In reply to

• Molotow
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Herning
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Re: New BV8 40 - first impressions at home

I have had my BV8-40 for about a month by now, and I really love it.. I must admit, that if money wasn't an issue for me, I would have gone with a BV7-40MK3, but maybe at another time.

The picture and sound is great, if not amazing!!!!  My only concern is the speed of the tv, it is very slow, when you are changing sources. I have never seen this as a problem for the BV7 series.

But my god it is a great picture.

• 07-07-2009 7:52 AM In reply to

• jonasrosen
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-30-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Just have to agree on previous posts, the BV8-40 is really excellent. I have had it for some weeks now and really enjoy it connected to a Sony BDP 350 S, and a HD PVR and to my Beomedia5 / BS5.

At first I was actually going for a brand new BV7-40 with blueray, BL7-4. However, I could not justify why going for the BV7-40.

I miss the motorized stand that goes with BV7, but on the other hand, the BV8-40 on the BEO cabinett is compensating that (hiding the boxes in the slim cabinett is more beneficial than as I had before on my BV7 the boxes on the back of the BV7)

I thought I was going to miss the BL7, but the BV8-40 with some Beolab 3 makes the equation complete.

BV8-40, BV7-32, BL7-1, BS5, BM5, BM1, BL3, BS1, Beocom4

• 07-07-2009 8:05 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

jonasrosen:

I thought I was going to miss the BL7, but the BV8-40 with some Beolab 3 makes the equation complete.

I agree. The BV8-40 represents good value for a B&O TV. You can buy this, plus BL3s, cabinet, a separate Blu-ray player and still have change from the price of a BV7-40!

My BV7-40 MKIV has gone back to B&O and I have a MKIII instead. Ok, the MKIV HD image is a bit better, but there are few other advantages!

• 07-07-2009 9:25 AM In reply to

As a matter of interest how much is the bv8-40 in the uk

malcolm

• 07-07-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Since the 10% price increase, I think it's £4000? I might be wrong, but I'm sure it's there or thereabouts. I guess that excludes the cost of the stand. The BV7-40, with stand and speaker, is just under £10K.

• 07-07-2009 10:45 AM In reply to

many thanks for your quick reply, be interesting see how much here in the canary isles

malcolm

• 07-08-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

• beowhit
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brompton, Kent
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

moxxey:

Since the 10% price increase, I think it's £4000? I might be wrong, but I'm sure it's there or thereabouts. I guess that excludes the cost of the stand. The BV7-40, with stand and speaker, is just under £10K.

Mine cost £3700.00 with a beo5 remote, and £150.00 for the wall bracket

• 07-08-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

beowhit:

moxxey:

Mine cost £3700.00 with a beo5 remote, and £150.00 for the wall bracket

Yep, but since June the 1st, it went up 10%, so it's £3700 + £370, so around £4K now. Still very good value though for a B&O TV. Picture is superb, sound excellent.

• 07-09-2009 1:38 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

I am also very happy wth my Beovision 8-40. Great picture and good sound.

One thing that I find a bit strange: I have connected the following speakers:

- 2xBL1

- 2xBL4000

- 1xBL2

When I setup the sound level using the Beovision sound menu (with the sample sound) I need to setup both the BL1 and BL4000 levels high compared the the center speaker. This however seems to be the wrong setting when playing movies or watching tv. I checked this using a Lucas sound testing menu on a DVD and this also proved that the sound levels were setup to high. Not to big a deal of course, I adjusted it and things work fine now.

Does anybody have the same experience?

Regards,

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 07-10-2009 9:26 AM In reply to

My BV8 has arrived today, and so far I am quite happy with this tv

I hooked it up with an Apple TV and PS3 both can be controlled by beo4

Filed under:
  • 07-10-2009 9:38 AM In reply to

Here with Beolab 6000, BS 4 and Lab 2

• 07-11-2009 8:34 AM In reply to

Has anyone notice the fan making clicking noises after watching BV8 for a few hours??  I might be too sensitive but in a quite room with the volume turn off, the clicking noise from the tv is quite audible.

After using it for a day,  I am really satisfied with its picture and sound quality, well worth the money, BUT I feel HD is still better on my BV7-40 mkIII.

• 07-11-2009 8:55 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

aweicc:

After using it for a day,  I am really satisfied with its picture and sound quality, well worth the money, BUT I feel HD is still better on my BV7-40 mkIII.

Hmm. I had my BV7-40 MKIV (same panel as the BV8-40) for 6 weeks before it was taken by my dealer and replaced with a newer BV7-40 MKIII, with a very recent 50Hz panel.

There is a difference in HD quality. However, I think some people would regard the MKIV 100Hz panel as better and others, worse. It's definitely sharper and brighter, but in some ways a bit too bright. I found the MKIV HD screen hurt my eyes when the room was quite dark. MKIII has as a less intense, less sharp and less bright screen, so it's also easier on the eyes.

I'm still 50/50 over whether this MKIII is actually a better TV than the MKIV. It has a better SD<>HD balance, enables you to use all four HDMI sockets, doesn't suffer from any linkroom issues, doesn't result in hissing speakers when there is no picture and so on. The key advantage of the MKIV is the updated panel (100Hz does make a difference for fast-moving sport, I noticed) and internal Blu-ray player. However, whether that internal Blu-ray player was worth the upgrade, is very very debatable.

I'm half-tempted to tell my dealer to keep and sell my forthcoming replacement MKIV to someone else!

• 07-11-2009 8:28 PM In reply to

There is actually no difference in the number of hdmi sockets between mkIII and MKIV, I installed HD turner, thats one hdmi gone, and for blueray playback I put in a PS3, thats another one gone.

At the end I am left with only 2 hdmi sockets, same situation as the MKIV.

If I were you, I would keep the latest version of BV7-40, I believe all the problems ppl are experiencing right now will be ironed out in the future, its the same with the MKIII, I remember when it first came out, there are a lot of complaints here on the forum as well.

• 07-12-2009 4:30 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

aweicc:

There is actually no difference in the number of hdmi sockets between mkIII and MKIV, I installed HD turner, thats one hdmi gone, and for blueray playback I put in a PS3, thats another one gone.

Correct, and that's what's annoying - the fact that B&O used two of the external sockets for internal modules, but originally advertised it as having 4 x HDMI sockets.

I agree many of the MKIV issues will be ironed out. However, I think I'm the only one who thinks that we shouldn't have to wait - I've been through all those issues with the MKIII! The MKIV isn't much different. There really shouldn't be any issues. Indeed, it's been in development since Feb 2008. I know Razlaw and a couple of others like to emphasise they've had 'no problems' with their MKIII, but the many pages of discussion on this forum will suggest there are a lot of people who have had...

• 08-12-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

I come from Holland. I have the same problem. Even when the sound stands on 32 I heard on the background the fan who's working.

When I put the bv8 out and then on again than is it 30 min. quiet. After this time I hear it again.

have you asked a dealer??? Because it isn't oke.

• 08-13-2009 4:17 AM In reply to

Hi aweicc,

Nice photos! Can I just ask what is being displayed on the BV8. I have a PS3 but cant see what you're seeing now... is it controllable with the beo4/5?

• 08-13-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

Ohhh, you have to notive that there are no build-in DVD or Blu-Ray player in BeoVision 8-40

• 08-13-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

I have also had mine BeoVision 8-40 for about two months, and together with my BeoLab 9 as front and BeoLab 3 as rear, it is just a fantastic setup. Stunning picture quality, and try to look at the black level, no other LCD can compete.

I am using the DVB-HD module, and it is really great looking menus, and the digital picture quality is just great. Ok yes you don't have fast change from one source to another, but i don't see it as a problem, it feels releaxed and casual, so the picture and sound is equal on all channels. Espacially the level of sound, it's just perfect that it is automatically leveled.

• 08-13-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

timhanna, its actually XBMC that I have installed in Apple TV.

It is for watching ripped movies without converting them into apple friendly format, and yes it can be controlled using beo4. Smile

• 08-13-2009 11:01 AM In reply to

Zwaan:

I come from Holland. I have the same problem. Even when the sound stands on 32 I heard on the background the fan who's working.

When I put the bv8 out and then on again than is it 30 min. quiet. After this time I hear it again.

have you asked a dealer??? Because it isn't oke.

Yeah, I mentioned it to my dealer a few times already and each time they promise to send someone over to check it out.   I am still waiting.

So no one else can hear the "click" "click" "click" noise coming from the back of BV8 ?? or when you first switch on the tv for the first time each day there is an audible "click" "crack" coming from the back of the tv as well.

• 08-14-2009 4:26 PM In reply to

hi thorngaard is it possible to see a picture please of your bv8 40 tv configuration with your speakers as it sounds like you have a good setup.

• 08-15-2009 2:02 PM In reply to

moxxey:

doesn't suffer from any linkroom issues, doesn't result in hissing speakers when there is no picture and so on. The key advantage of the MKIV is the updated panel (100Hz does make a difference

Hi Moxxey

I am sorry to tell you, but the delay is ALSO present on MK III, OR BV9.. Anything digital that needs processing will (almost everytime) require a delay on your powerlink and therefore a difference between mainroom and linkroom..

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-23-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

Hi Markiedee,

So sorry i haven't been in here for quite a while. Of course i can shoot a picture from my setup, Although then i have to do some cleaning...........UHHHH.......that's a tough one Big SmileWink

I will see if i can do it tonight. 

• 09-23-2009 6:28 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

moxxey:

doesn't suffer from any linkroom issues, doesn't result in hissing speakers when there is no picture and so on. The key advantage of the MKIV is the updated panel (100Hz does make a difference

Hi Moxxey

I am sorry to tell you, but the delay is ALSO present on MK III, OR BV9.. Anything digital that needs processing will (almost everytime) require a delay on your powerlink and therefore a difference between mainroom and linkroom..

This is correct. I can confirm that I too experience short delays with my 7-40 Mark III setup (with Apple TV, PS3 and Sky HD attached). Same with link to 6-26 in bedroom.

Simon.

Page 2 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >