in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-17-2009 5:47 AM by PhilLondon. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2009 8:30 PM

BeoPort with I-tunes

Hi All

Wonder if anybody can assist. My BeoPort/Player will not scan and find any music I have purchased on I-tunes. I have been purchasing the I-tune songs that are not limited to playing on I-tunes only. I have updated to the latest software for BeoPort and looked through different things but cannot see what I am doing wrong. What am I missing/doing wrong?

Many thanks for any guide and assistance provided.

MARK

• 06-06-2009 11:10 PM In reply to

Re: BeoPort with I-tunes

What are you doing wrong?

Using BeoPlayer! (Zing!) 

Seriously, though. Even though iTunes content is currently "DRM Free" it is still downloaded in the audio container .m4a. This format is not compatible outside the iTunes universe. You can create mp3 versions in iTunes (which is a bit of a pain as it duplicates the entire downloaded collection) by choosing "create mp3 version" from the Advanced menu. Once this happens BeoPlayer will find the music.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-07-2009 4:48 AM In reply to

Thanks TripEnglish, but I have created AAC versions and can see the double ups of each track in my I-tunes library but BeoPlayer can still not find them. AAC is the only opportunity that allows me to create and I belive BeoPlayer does play this format.

Any further advice appreciated.

MARK

• 06-07-2009 5:10 AM In reply to

Are you using a PC or a Mac? If on Mac, I would just use iTunes which seems far better than Beoplayer. I use iTunes with my Beoport.

• 06-07-2009 7:13 PM In reply to

I'm using PC. I love the cover art on I-tunes but apart from that find the whole thing clunky to use compared with BeoPort/Player - old habbits die hard I guess.

Also if I cannot transfer the files to BeoPort then I cannot access them on the rest of my link system.

Thanks, MARK

• 06-12-2009 9:06 PM In reply to

Any other advice folks? Anybody else out there who has/had the same problem and been able to resolve it.

Many thanks again, Mark

• 06-12-2009 9:33 PM In reply to

I upgraded my purchases to iTunesPlus 

While I have not tested it I believe that means they could be detected by BeoPlayer

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-12-2009 11:03 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The answer is simple, you MUST convert your tunes to MP3 in order to use them in beoplayer. Not AAC. I would delete those duplicates you have and convert the originals to MP3.If ALL of your music has been bought from the itunes store you may not be able to convert them for use as MP3.

Out of curiosity, What kbps bit rate is the music encoded at? And which beolabs are you using? If the bit rate is around 128, you may be sorely disappointed about the sound quality. I've heard 128kbps music on my lab1's before and it's a sound worthy of sea-sickness.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-13-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

• grieg007
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Bergen, Norway
    • Posts 54
    • Gold Member

Dear Mark,

If you have bought DRM-free iTunes+ music they should show up in BeoPlayer/BeoPort. I buy my music from iTunes and after a quick scan the BeoPlayer displays the music perfectly with correct tags and cover art. I then transfer this to my BS5. No problems. You do not need to convert m4a files to mp3 to get them to work. This will also degrade the quality of the file. m4a or AAC files are not Apple files but an open format that you can use on devices that support it. So I can also use my iTunes files on my Serenata (transfered via BeoPlayer).

It is strange that Beoplayer cannot find your iTunes files. If they are on a different drive make sure your BeoPlayer scans the right one: N.MUSIC - SETUP - SCAN 

From the bang-olufsen website here are the supported formats:

Supported music
    formats
    • WMA
    • MP3
    • WMA Lossless (BeoPlayer and Serenata)
    • AAC (BeoPlayer and Serenata)
    • Transcoding from AAC to WMA (BeoSound 6)
    Supported picture
    formats
    • bmp
    • gif
    • png
    • tiff
    • jpeg
    • jpg

Regards,

Christian

• 06-13-2009 7:49 PM In reply to

Yes doing all of the above. i.e buying DRM free music from I-tunes(with the plus) All my music is on my C:Drive and I am scanning on that and it still fails to pick them up.

My scan is definitely working because if I copy in a disc via N.Music it finds it no problem.

Is there any setting within I-tunes that I need to change? I have tried all options in the share section of I-tunes to no effect.

Does B&O have an avenue for me to raise this issue with?

Thanks again.

• 06-17-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

Given my problem with I-tunes not being found by BeoPort, who do other Oztralians recommend as being the next best site for downloading my MP3's.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• 06-17-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

Check what is the extention of the files... .AAC .ACC .MP4?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)