in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2009 3:50 PM by slupascu. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2009 9:50 PM

best setup ever?

best setup ever?

also for the Beolab 6000: one is black/black and the other is silver/black!Whistle

all sold!

• 06-05-2009 10:22 PM In reply to

Re: best setup ever?

not to pee on your parade, but do I spot a Samsung LCD in that picture? 

Love the speakers and the music system though ..... I thought you had BL5 and BC2? Where are those?

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-05-2009 11:32 PM In reply to

Is this sarcastic?

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-06-2009 12:03 AM In reply to

jk1002:

not to pee on your parade, but do I spot a Samsung LCD in that picture? 

Love the speakers and the music system though ..... I thought you had BL5 and BC2? Where are those?

Cheers

JK

Jk, I do not have any ideea who is the guy that posted that picture on the Internet! Found the picture few days ago...He wanted to sell his BL6000 for 900 Euro( as I said one is black and the other is silver). What I really find strange is the fact that he wants to keep his Bl4000( one is burgundy and the other is blackHmm!!!!!!)

I have BL5 and BC2 as you know....and also Bl4000 ........next week I am going to buy a pair of Lab3 speakers.

regards,

all sold!

• 06-06-2009 12:09 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

This person can't be stable. Obviously couldn't make a descision on the colour.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-06-2009 1:20 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Being talked about behind one's back only negatively is not nice ...

... it should have been duly noted that both (visitor's) shoes are positevely of the same colour.

Big Smile 

• 06-06-2009 3:34 AM In reply to

Someone didn't figure out that you can pipe both the BeoSound and the BeoVision through the same speakers ...

• 06-06-2009 4:33 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Nice use of trunking...

Hmm

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-06-2009 7:06 AM In reply to

And why he mounted both the Beolab 4000 with the speakers on te right side?Sad

• 06-06-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

pentalex:

Well spotted! I think the owner has some issues... Hmm

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-06-2009 2:02 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Tom:

pentalex:

Well spotted! I think the owner has some issues... Hmm

Well it appears to me that they are both Left-hand BL4000's!!!!!  W E I R D.

While i'm her, something is also very wrong with what the TV is placed on! Is it a cupboard door on a block of polysterene >>?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-08-2009 4:02 AM In reply to

Hello there ,

I just wanted to say that this image was taken in my home and I'm the proud "unstable" owner of this system. Besides the fact that I love the sound of it , let me tell you how I got this speakers:

Each one of them was purchased separately from ebay as "good deals".

Because I couldn't afford to invest 25000 eur in beolab 5 + beocenter 2 and so on , I tried to make the best of what I found.

I will try to find frets and housing to match the colour of each speaker, but for now this is all I could afford.

I hope that you had a good time laughfing about this. I will also try to paint the ouverture in green in order to give you more entertainment.

Thank You

Stefan

• 06-08-2009 4:28 AM In reply to

Stefan,

B&O always gives me a great deal of pleasure and that's what its about. I am sure you get the same amount of pleasure when using it. There are some great deals to be had on Ebay and as you say, the speaker frets can be changed quite easily so you have actually made some really good choices assuming that the equipment bought from Ebay is high quality and 'stable.'

Enjoy your setup.

Simon.

• 06-08-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

(I knew this would happen one day … Whistle)

I wouldn’t take the comments on that picture that seriously, Stefan (- you wouldn’t, if you’d seen  places in which I’d lived, not to mention there would be no B&O). Actually, I think your story is quite a good one, and as you indicated yourself, a B&O setup can be improved on with a relatively easy and quick fix … as opposed to eg the reputation of those distinguished guys whose pictures were recently taken in Silvio Berlusconi’s villa – and published. Personally, I think even that doesn’t go beyond what’s, well, rather very human … Big Smile

• 06-08-2009 12:32 PM In reply to

Despite the cosmetical notes mentioned i'd like to suggest you could maybe try to spread the speakers a bit more because now i think the speakers' sonic dispersion will cross with each other and the effect you'll get is called "comb filtering" which will cut down some frequencies and thus delete some parts of the sound. I think manuals on these speakers will give you good tips on placing the speakers optimally in certain spaces.

Cheers,

Olli

• 06-08-2009 12:50 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Hi Slupascu,

If you only wanted to get B&O sound for low money, why didn't you get only one pair of speaker? One (correct couloured) pair of 6000 or 4000 (your choice) would simply had cost less that your four speakers... You then could connect the pair to your TV, and the TV to the Beosound, in order to get music+TV on the same speakers. Cool

• 06-08-2009 3:50 PM In reply to

Thx for all your replyes.

I will try to follow your advices and I'll post more images soon and we'll see.

I have already begun by changing the burgundy speaker in black... found some spare parts in a broken one :)  ... I 'm trying to improve .....

Next move will be to replace the TV... I 'm expecting a B&O beovision 6 from Germany

Hope to be able to spread the speakers around and get a beolab 2 ... but I need time....

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)