in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-18-2009 7:17 AM by TWG. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2009 9:51 AM

Ripper for CDs to WMA Lossless on a Apple Mac?

does anybody have any idea how/where to get software for a Mac to rip CD into WMA lossless?

i am stumped after trawling the net and the dealer whom i've ordered a Bs5 has no ideas - wondering if ordering a Bs5 was a bad idea...Unsure

• 06-04-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Ripper for CDs to WMA Lossless on a Apple Mac?

I´m using the Beoplayer software on my macbook and mac mini. Also works as a client for the BM5 for listening to BS5 music wirellessly in the garden.....I have also Beoconnect installed on the OSX side of the macs for transferring itunes AAC files.

Stefan

• 06-04-2009 10:40 AM In reply to

sorry stefan,

beoplayer is the software that connects to your beomedia - it doesn't actually rip music from CDs to WMA loss does it?

itunes AAC is a lossy format.

• 06-04-2009 10:50 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Beoplayer is connected to my BM5 and yes, it rips WMA lossless. I know that AAC is  not lossless, and I use it a lot for my ipod and sometimes for the BS5.

Stefan

• 06-04-2009 10:57 AM In reply to

beoPLAYER only works on PCs in windows. you can not get beoplayer for mac.

you can get beoMEDIA but that just links to your Bm5 unit and doesn't actually do any ripping from CDs into WMA Lossless.

• 06-04-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

No sorry, you are wrong.  Beoplayer is installed on my mac (intelmac with macosX AND windows XP).

And I`m sure that Beoplayer rips lossless to BM5. Just insert the CD into the drive, start PC CD in Beoplayer and press COPY. Beoplayer will automatically search for music info and cover. Beoplayer also wakes BM5 up from standby. That`s all.

Stefan

• 06-04-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

ahhhh, stefan i think i know what you mean...

ok, so you have Windows operating system XP installed on your Mac (perhaps using boot-camp and disc partitioning)??

if that is the case it is possible as you say. so i need to bootcamp my Mac and install windows operating system such as XP or vista..

• 06-04-2009 2:06 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I have Parallels installed, so it is possible to activate MacOSX and XP at the same time. It`s a one button switch between the two systems.

Stefan

• 06-04-2009 4:54 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

stefan:

.... Also works as a client for the BM5 for listening to BS5 music wirellessly in the garden.....

Stefan

Stefan,

When BeoPlayer is connect to the BM5 as you describe, it just allows access to the music stored on the BM5 similar to it being on an external harddrive, correct?  (Yes, I realise BeoPlayer is also used to load music on the BM5, but, for now, I'm only concerned about the playback via BeoPlayer).  There's no control of what the BM5 is playing or access to MOTS, correct?

Thanks,

Stan

• 06-04-2009 6:13 PM In reply to

ok, i have ordered Windows Vista for tomorrow and will install it on my MacBook after using bootcamp (similar to parallel) on a partitioned MacBook drive,

then i'll install beoplayer and rip music from CDs to WMA lossless.

gosh, what a headache....

if only:

1. Apple itunes could rip to WMA Lossless or...

2. Microsoft released a WMA Lossless ripper for the Mac or....

3. B&O released a Beoplayer for the Mac and not just for Windows...

wish i'd known this before i went out and ordered the Bs5 - hope all this effort will be worth it...

• 06-05-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I have no expiriences with windows vista and bootcamp. I heard, with bootcamp you have to chose whether you want Windows or Mac when you start the computer (?). With parallels it`s a one button switch between Mac and XP. You can listen to N.MUSIC via Beoplayer and visit Beoworld via Safari at the same time. If I want to navigate in N.MUSIC I just switch to Beoplayer, chose the music I want to listen to and switch back to Safari.

No headache at all.....

"1. Apple itunes could rip to WMA Lossless or..."

Yes, would things make easier for mac users.......

"2. Microsoft released a WMA Lossless ripper for the Mac or...."

I don`t think this will happen.

"3. B&O released a Beoplayer for the Mac and not just for Windows..."

This would be great. Beoplayer user interface is very easy - I like it.

Stefan

• 06-05-2009 5:34 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Stan:

stefan:

.... Also works as a client for the BM5 for listening to BS5 music wirellessly in the garden.....

Stefan

Stefan,

When BeoPlayer is connect to the BM5 as you describe, it just allows access to the music stored on the BM5 similar to it being on an external harddrive, correct?  (Yes, I realise BeoPlayer is also used to load music on the BM5, but, for now, I'm only concerned about the playback via BeoPlayer).  There's no control of what the BM5 is playing or access to MOTS, correct?

Thanks,

Stan

You are right. You can access BM shares ( audio, video, photos, bookmarks) as an external harddrive. No BS5 control and no MOTS via Beoplayer. But you can "manage" favourite lists for the BS5, copy bookmarks to BM5 and listen to music independantly from your BS5. If you want to control your BS5 and activate MOTS from other rooms you have to use the Beolink system (Beolink active/passive, BL3500, link TV....)

Stefan

• 06-18-2009 7:17 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,

perhaps this software is able to rip in WMA losless on a Mac? Actualy it can rip to WMA on Macs!

http://www.mireth.com/wt/mpme-rip-audio-cd-wma-mac.html

And a good overview of WMA on Macs in general:

http://www.mireth.com/artsaud/about-wma-mac.html

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)