in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2010 6:07 AM by Peter. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2009 4:19 PM

Format issue with v.aux and apple tv

Hi,

I have been using my apple tv successfully with my BV3 connected to the v.tape socket via scart (via converter) and it has been correctly displaying full wide screen when I switch to v.tape and overall really pleased with this set up.

However I have now added an ir splitter in order to control the ATV via the v.aux STB and although the control via the BEO4 is great, the picture format when I switch to v.aux is no longer fulll widescreen and I need to switch using the format 3 command. It seems strange that with the connection setting of v.tape I have no problem, but with v.aux I get this issue. I gain the control via BE04, but have the pain of needing to set the format correctly each time. Nothing else has changed, so does the BV3 assume that either v.tape is format 3 or that v.aux is not?

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to solve it greatly appreciated.

Another nice to have would be to be able to assign the v.tape button to v.aux rather than having to select v.aux via the list.

Thanks for any advice, Jon.

• 06-04-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Format issue with v.aux and apple tv

I wanted to do this with my BV3-32... but my AV scart is fro the decoder and the V.Tape scart is for the DVD... Decoder scart doesn't do RGB!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-04-2009 10:32 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

There are differences between the Scart connectors on a BV3.  Its similar to the Avant I owned. Try to track down the technical settings from the original annual brochure for the year the BV3 was purchased. It conveniently lists the technical details of each connector.

beoaus

• 06-04-2009 10:45 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

beoaus:

There are differences between the Scart connectors on a BV3.  Its similar to the Avant I owned. Try to track down the technical settings from the original annual brochure for the year the BV3 was purchased. It conveniently lists the technical details of each connector.

beoaus

AV and V.TAPE have all connections incl RGB. DECODER scart has no RGB... same as AVANT. The issue here is trying to get ATV to work with the STB-C. My issue is that i have no free scarts with RGB in :(

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-05-2009 8:28 AM In reply to

Thanks, I'll see if the manuals will help.

Apart from the picture being in Format 2 rather than Format 3 when I switch to v.aux,  I'm really pleased with the STB controller and control over the apple TV via Beo4. It's not that much of a pain switching the format, but wanted to try avoid the kids having to make the change when they are in control as is often the case.

The apple TV was able to learn the signals based upon selecting the same Pace STB I use on the primary STB-C,  so I didn't need to upgrade the BV3 software and so far I've got full control with no issues.

• 01-21-2010 5:13 PM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hello Jodes,

I have the same problem you describe here and I am just curious if you found a solution?

/Peter

• 01-21-2010 6:17 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

I use the Apple tv on the camera socket and am resigned to using format 3 to get the screen correct for the time being.

If I use one of the Scart sockets with an adapter it seems to interpret the 16:9 signal and I do not need to change the format. 

beoaus.

• 03-01-2010 6:07 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hi beoaus,

Interesting..it doesnt work for me..I tried all 3 scart inputs and use a scart adapter ( i have 3 different ..tired them all) . Also  tried using the yellow RCA to RCA on the Scart adapter and also RCA to S-Video on the adapter..and always ends up having to change to Format 3 manually...

Also tried to power the TV off by taking out the power cable for a while since I rembered I had to do that when attaching the motorized stand, since it wasnt recognized at first...but still no go..  ;-(   one of the local B&O stores here told me it cant be done since the BV3-32 cant recognize the ATV as 16:9. But obvioulsy it is since you managed.. confusing..

/Peter

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)