in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2009 4:16 PM by stefan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2009 2:52 AM

Linkroom only being fed one source - please help

Hi, I currently have various B&O equipment throughout the house, and yesterday, everything *was* working fine; however, suddenly things started going very strange. When in a link room source is selected, all is fine in the world however, if I change from say, CD to DVD the sound changes everywhere, in every room, same if I change from n.music to DVD, basically it's as if suddenly the link system can only support audio master source sound OR master TV sound.

Has anyone come across this before? I really don't know where to start rectifying this problem as everything works as intended other than when changing the source in a link room it changes everywhere.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards,
    Cal

• 06-03-2009 3:10 AM In reply to

Re: Linkroom only being fed one source - please help

Is there a TV in that link room?

• 06-03-2009 3:17 AM In reply to

Thanks for the fast response, in one of the link rooms there is, its a beovision 6, however, it is set to option 6, a strange example is when in another link room, when you press tv, the link room TV starts playing the sound of the main room tv (not the pictures) and stops playing the radio, it makes no sense to me at all Unsure

Regards,
    Cal

• 06-03-2009 4:25 AM In reply to

Mhmm...

Have you got several remotes?

The same happens with all remotes?

• 06-03-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Callen:

Thanks for the fast response, in one of the link rooms there is, its a beovision 6, however, it is set to option 6, a strange example is when in another link room, when you press tv, the link room TV starts playing the sound of the main room tv (not the pictures) and stops playing the radio, it makes no sense to me at all Unsure

Regards,
    Cal

It makes sense. When you press TV in an "audio link room" your videomaster in the main room wiil switch to TV and the sound will be distributed via Masterlink. If your link TV played RADIO (also distributed via Masterlink from your audiomaster in the main room) it will also switch to TV, but only sound, because it didn`t get any IR command directly from your remote.....am I correct......??

Stefan

• 06-03-2009 6:14 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

stefan:

It makes sense. When you press TV in an "audio link room" your videomaster in the main room wiil switch to TV and the sound will be distributed via Masterlink. If your link TV played RADIO (also distributed via Masterlink from your audiomaster in the main room) it will also switch to TV, but only sound, because it didn`t get any IR command directly from your remote.....am I correct......??

I believe stefan is correct - one might add that the advantage of having a TV in one of the link rooms is that by being able to chose there between either stereo sound via Masterlink or mono sound via the RF cable in that room, in the other link room you will still be able to listen to other sources (eg CD, RADIO, N.MUSIC etc) as the Masterlink will be free to distribute those there.

So, it should be possible to change to mono sound in your link room with your BV6 (allowing for sound corresponding to video again) while the other (audio only) link room would be playing to source you switched to. I think you just need to press TV and the mono sound from your BV6 will be there, or AV TV if it doesn't - can't recall exactly ... 

• 06-03-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Thanks everyone for helping me try and resolve this issue, it’s greatly appreciated. Basically this would be a typical scenario:

My wife would be watching a programme on the master TV whilst I am elsewhere in a different link room listening to net music/CD or other audio source, all fine, however,  since yesterday, when my wife goes to the kitchen and tries to listen to the TV via the BeoLink2000 that changes the source I am listening to in a separate link room, this never happened before and cannot figure out what has changed to suddenly stop this working as it should, other than the hot weather!!!  In fact ALL the other speakers in the house switch when a new source is selected. I can’t now take a shower listening to the radio without it changing to the start of a Eastenders or something equally frustrating!

Is there a way of totally resetting the system, I tried powering everything off today whilst visiting a client, on my return however it’s still not working after powering everything back up.

Thanks again,
    Cal

• 06-03-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Hi Cal,

I`m sorry, but I`m "afraid" your Beolink system is working correctly. When you are listening to an audio source fom your audiomaster in a link room, the signal will be sent via Masterlink. when you listen to a video source (TV) in an audio link room (BL2000) the sound will also be sent via Masterlink.

Two different signals can`t be sent via Masterlink simultanously. That`s why your separate link room will also switch to TV (sound). When you switch back to your audio source in the link room, the BL2000 in the kitchen will also switched back to this source. You can listen to an audio source in link rooms and at the same time listen to TV sound from your BV6 link room, right? That`s how the link system should work and sorry again, I´m surprised that it had worked in another way...(?)

Solution 1- exchange the BL2000 in the kitchen to a BV6-22, BC6-23, BV8-26...

Solution 2- install another audiosystem in your separate link room and set it to A.OPT 6 as a local source...

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 06-03-2009 2:29 PM In reply to

How embarrasing, I believe you are right, when watching TV in the link room this is a different source to downstairs (unless watching a link channel) and then in each link room we can hear a source from the main system, I incorrectly thought that two signals were being distributed. Apologies for wasting everyone's time who responded! Sad

Regards,
    Cal

• 06-03-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

No problem for me....