in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2009 2:13 PM by kmadon. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2009 10:26 AM

• kmadon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

HELP!!! - Beocenter 2 DVD Control doesn't work

Can anyone help?

I've connected a non B&O TV to my beocenter 2 having not had a TV connected to it before.  It's a Sony Bravia.  They're connected via a SCART lead.

DVD's play but most of the DVD controls don't seem to work, either on the panel of my Beocenter 2 or via my Beo 4!

Can anyone help me before my wife kills me?

Thanks....

K

• 06-02-2009 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: HELP!!! - Beocenter 2 DVD Control doesn't work

I think it might be just funky to operate. I.e. you have to hit "Go" twice so that it starts playing a DVD .... If you still have the manual ... they describe it in there .....

That is for the older MK1 .... later they changed it and a single "Go" did the trick.

In fact during my first demo in the store I thought it was broken ......

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-04-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

• kmadon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thanks but it's not just that!  The forward/rev controls don't work.

Interestingly, I changed the connection to the 2nd SCART socket on the back of my TV and I can a least pause a DVD now but the rest of the controls still don't work.

HELLPP!!

K

• 06-04-2009 11:06 PM In reply to

Its a wild guess, maybe it thinks that it's connected to a B&O TV base don the scart connection. If thats the case then the options settings may make it expect the IR commands not to come from the remote directly, but through the TV.

http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mlsetups.htm

Is a very wild guess though ... the BC center documentation describes the recommended options as well ....

Otherwise I have no idea ..... You do have B&O speakers connected to the BC2, correct?

Cheers & Good Luck

JK

• 06-05-2009 1:13 PM In reply to

Have you configured the remote? With List and option and than used 0,1 or 2 for your setup?

• 06-08-2009 4:30 PM In reply to

• kmadon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your help!

I have configured my remote with V Opt 2 and A Opt 1 as recommended by B&O support.

Things have improved somewhat in that I can control DVDs now using forward/rev etc but only if I press the CD button on my Beo 4! The DVD button doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't think it's a faulty remote as I've got two Beo 4's and have the same problem with both.  I'm not sure if it's a Beo 4 problem or a beocenter 2 problem.

Has anyone got any ideas?

And yes, I've got Beolab 6000s connected to the Beocenter 2.

K

• 06-08-2009 4:41 PM In reply to

I think the CD or DVD on the remote becomes only relevant if you have a TV and/or another Audio master. Some use the BC2 as a DVD player and still run a BS9000 or similar for CDs.

If everything works now from the CD command, you should be fine since the BC2 detects if it is a CD or DVD on his own.

• 06-24-2009 2:13 PM In reply to

• kmadon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thanks.  Everything is sorted.  B&O support got me to change the A Opt setting and everything is working.

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)