in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2009 10:30 AM by moxxey. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2009 2:53 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Why are some people on the sub-forums but not on the main forum?

elephant:

moxxey:
    the Australian forum
    I never knew there was one !

It's slightly sad, but not surprising, that people pick up and keep mentioning the fault I made in an original post. I thought there used to be a sub-forum for Australia. Mind you, it sounds like you've picked this out as you're disappointed you couldn't find one! Surprise

Anyway, hopefully the debate in the General Forum picks up somewhat.

• 06-02-2009 3:26 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

A bit of a non-issue to me - if you think the general forum is stale then it's stale - if there was a real buzz in one of the non-English fora then I'm sure it would break out into the general forum too. I'm sure that if I had to post in a foreign language it would certainly put me off joining in.

Of course they could all be speaking foreign tongues just to avoid me!Unsure

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-02-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I think it's fair to have different languages for those who want to speak their native tongue..... but I don't see the need to separate the English speaking parts. Sometimes I check through the North American forum just to see if there is anything interesting..... but I never post there....

• 06-02-2009 6:20 AM In reply to

In all honesty I can't see how the general forum is "stale"? I have to advance to the second page to find the first topics that don't have any posts within 24 hours, and only find a few that might have a better choice for a subforum.

-mika

• 06-02-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    Confuses me that there is a lot of discussion in some of the sub-forums - particularly in other languages. Shouldn't we encourage (like other public forums) people to discuss, in English, on the primary 'General Forum'?

What about freedom of speech, cultural and language diversity, or LIBERTY ?

• 06-02-2009 7:19 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

BeoBoyLit:

moxxey:
    Confuses me that there is a lot of discussion in some of the sub-forums - particularly in other languages. Shouldn't we encourage (like other public forums) people to discuss, in English, on the primary 'General Forum'?

What about freedom of speech, cultural and language diversity, or LIBERTY ?

Are you trying to wind me up here?

• 06-02-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    Are you trying to wind me up here?

Noooop!!!

I'm so sorry for your brand new BV7mk4 too.....

• 06-02-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

All I was trying to do was get some more user-input in to the General Forum. In fairness, even the key mods tend to post in the sub-forums ;)

Yes, I'm angry with a lot of things B&O at the moment, particularly the BV7-40. Crashed six times last night. I was hoping I could try and resolve the problem, but am completely out of ideas :(

• 06-02-2009 9:04 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

elephant:

moxxey:
    the Australian forum
    I never knew there was one !

You won't have seen it, it's upside down Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-02-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Yes, I'm angry with a lot of things B&O at the moment, particularly the BV7-40. Crashed six times last night. I was hoping I could try and resolve the problem, but am completely out of ideas :(

you're not having good luck there> what are you going to do about this, i'm so horrified to read about this issue....

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-02-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

While I will agree that the product line is globalizing over time, and one day the North American forum may be relegated to answering questions strictly concerning older equipment, we aren't there yet.  At the moment, even the intentionally global BeoSystem 3 chassis is listed as having 2 distinctly different socket panels available as spare parts (EU and US/JPN for the obsessive).

Some may recall not too long ago the "spirited" discussion of the BV-7 with, oh say myself and Trip, staunchly defending the qualities of a TV which we had for half a year or more before it debuted in the EU, while it turns out that the criticism was aimed at a BV-7 that we over 'there' will never see.  If opinion forums can so often work at cross purposes, then I think that support forums ought to remain sequestered from one another for now.  We may not have done a lot of Avants, but the BeoSystem 1 was a prety good seller, and there are a LOT of BeoCom 6000 MK1's and BeoCom 1's out there...and our BeoCom 3 wasn't like yours either.

Perhaps that's the solution for moxxey's concern...at least for the Anglosphere...make the NA forum a support forum for Video and Telephones as well as service issues, and ask that all other threads appear in the General Forum.

What say?

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 06-02-2009 10:30 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

moxxey:

you're not having good luck there> what are you going to do about this, i'm so horrified to read about this issue....

Unfortunately B&O tech want to run some tests before they'll do anything. First test, swap out the Sky box (I don't that's the problem), second test, dealer pick-up and test with their Sky box. That's now happening Thursday.

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2