in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2009 12:35 AM by blue2th. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2009 8:49 AM

Logitech Harmony 1100

I was wondering, anyone has or have any thoughts / experience towards the Logitech Harmony 1100 remote control ? It even controls B&O. What do you say ? http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/4708&cl=roeu,en?WT.ac=mb|5902||hp&creative=13092

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 06-01-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Logitech Harmony 1100

Ick!

That's my thought.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-01-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

Dave:

Ick!

That's my thought.

Sorry to say Pedro but I share my opinion with Dave.

This is the same like you want to put 15" wheal on Bentley !

Just dosent seems right!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 06-01-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

well, looks aside... i use a pair of 880's for (2) different home theater setups.

one is all b&o products, the other a mix of panny/denon, etc...

in both cases, the 880 was easy to setup and they work perfectly.

as much as i would like a beo5... i do not need one.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-01-2009 10:02 AM In reply to

That's precisely my point. In my living room everything is B&O but in another house i have a mixture. And the other thing is that this remote is quite easy to setup and it covers every device that you can image, B&O doesn't. Sometimes i get the feeling that B&O should produce a real remote, updated, easy to set up, aside the design of course. "Less is more" but in this case nor everything that is less has the "more" features.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 06-01-2009 10:18 AM In reply to

very good then! like i said, i would love to have a beo5, and yes i am techy and would love to work thru the setup as others have, but...

the harmony products are pretty much "right" right out of the box.

what configuration i had to do was really straightforward just to get things working. i then got bold and programmed all sorts of custom macros to accomplish tasks. (e.g.) i setup 2 buttons as "away" and "continue" so that if i have to step away, it pauses the movie and turns the plasma off to avoid burn in.

i really think that they are brilliant from a setup perspective, and i think it is exactly what b&o should have done with the beo5.

since you have 2 distinct setups like me... the way it works is to simply have 2 distinct logins for the harmony software site. setup something like pedrobeo and pedrosony and that is it! each login is unique to the setup. nice thing is, should your remote(s) ever become lost or broken, simply plug a new one up and dload your config(s) into them from the site.

back to the discussion of looks... i really like the look of my 880's... if you set them next to a blackberry curve, they are nearly identical. perhaps not beautiful, but i like them. plus they are a true handheld type, rather than the "platter" style of the 1100. they are also very well put together for plastic, and have been VERY durable showing no wear whatsoever.

i highly recommend them! btw, they retail for ~249USD, i paid <100USD on ebay for new in the box.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-01-2009 11:56 AM In reply to

as a previous owner of the 1000, I cannot recommend that remote. I was OK for a period of time but I regretted after the fact that I get one. Harmony 880-890 is way better.

I sold mine last month and bought a Beo5. I can control with that even the light( a 30$ lutron maestro).

The last thing I have to do is to figure out how to control my Samsung LED television and Media Center Smile

regards

all sold!

• 06-02-2009 12:30 AM In reply to

Sorry to say this Dave, but I've got a Harmony One and think it's great!! Touch screen, programmable, looks good, easy to use and inexpensive. $200 was all it cost (on eBay), half the price of a Beo4 and a lot more useful!! I got told to keep away from the 1000i as it is not as good and rrp is more. In fact, JB HiFi have them for $299, and the Harmony One for $399!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-02-2009 12:35 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

ditto - i have one but it operates non B&O stuff (more like i don't have any B&O stuff to operate!).  if only B&O made one like the Beo 4 that is a true universal remote!

paid AUD195 for it brand new from www.csw.com.au.

excellent out of the box.  software driven which has a huge database of appliances. great to hold, nice charging dock and most buttons are covered. highlighy recommend it.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)